It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why protect Jesus' bloodline?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Lets say some of the things in the Da Vinci Code were real. If Jesus does have a bloodline thats being hidden then why protect it if he was just a man? Is Jesus' bloodline the only one thats capable of thinking the way he did or something?

[edit on 12-10-2007 by Shawn B.]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If IF there was a bloodline from Jesus and it was proven to be just another man. A very fundamental religion on Earth would be destroyed. This would affect all religion one way or another, but all results would be the same, bad.

There is too much money involved in religions to expose this. All churches in the USA are tax exempt, this would come into play once religion is found to be false. Don't know how other countries handle this.

The Catholics also have players in this. The pope and his henchmen would not give up their power very quick. They have little fiefdoms around the world in the name of their form of religion.

Forget the premise of the book "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" and "Da Vinci Code".

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Good question. Think about it in terms of who stands to be affected most if information about such a bloodline were to be revealed. The answer would be: The Roman Catholic Church. There would definitely be fallout for other people, but I reckon that the the blunt of it would be on the Vatican because they are the ones who likely would be tabbed as most guilty for such a huge cover-up.

While one can only speculate on how time has shaped the way Jesus Christ is known today, I believe that the Romans played a large part in that shaping process. They (the Romans) had an impact on the content in the "Holy" Bible, they influenced the population by steering the religious beliefs of the time, and anyone who thought differently was done away with. I think that that is the root of where the modern image and view of Christ comes from.

For a bloodline to be revealed might result in some people concluding that Christ was merely a normal person, like you and I, which would bring into question his divinity for many people. And it would also fly in the face of what the Bible states about certain aspects of his life. The thing is, even if Christ did get married and have one or more children, it would not go against any of his teachings.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Jesus does not have a 'bloodline' in existence today.

The Bible tells us that He was 'cut off.....and who shall speak of his descendents?'

This whole theory, which is being put to the populace today (but is actually hundreds of years old), is yet just another attempt to discredit Jesus, and 'take away His divinity' in the eyes of men.

To their destruction.

But you were warned, right?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
What about the people who where hiding the bloodline ie Jesus' family from the vatican and general public. Why would they have to keep Jesus' living family members hidden? Is it because his family is the only ones who are capable of thinking the way he did? What about the disciples bloodlines?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Why can't he still be divine and be a normal person? Aren't we all divine if we're all Gods children like the bible and Jesus said?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Jesus was a man? Whew...after reading some of the threads on ATS, I was worried he was an alien. Hey...maybe thats why they need to protect the bloodline - alien DNA! Or is it reptilian!?

(Forgive me Jesus, I know you have a sense of humor, Divine or otherwise)

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
(Forgive me Jesus, I know you have a sense of humor, Divine or otherwise)

I think he does too.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
You answered your own post in the question.....

If Jesus was only a man, the religion would be based upon a lie. Can't have that now, could we.

However I am a good Christian, just practice my own faith, in my own home. If God is everywhere like I was taught, he is in my house too. No need to go to a church and speak with him. Just like I would rather watch a football game in my living room than go to Giant Stadium, drink in the parking lot, watch the 1st quarter, freeze my but off, stand in line for 20 minutes to pee, have a hotdog and beer, spend $22.50 for it, freeze during half time, stand in line for 40 minutes to go pee again, watch the 3rd quarter, see 4 fans get into a fight over the cheerleaders of the other team, watch the Giants fall apart in the 4th quarter, leave 10 miutes early to beat the traffic, sit in parking for 1 hour as the lot empties out, sit in traffic on the Jersey Turnpike for 40 minutes to get to the george washingotn bridge, sit on the bridge for about an hour and finally get home in time to watch the 8:15 game on sunday night.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Didn't he suffer on the cross because he was a man? Also, why can't the protectors go public with the info? Wouldn't that be better for them? If they're never going to go public then what does the vatican have to worry about?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

hinky,
Your answer is close to the mark..Basically in terms of theology it would pose major problems. The Bible is clear as to the sinless nature of Jesus and also that sin entered humanity through Adam therefore a new line of potentially sinless humans would conceivably come into being if Jesus had a bloodline. We know this is not the case "For all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God". History has always tried to "humanize" Christ..with no success. Romans were experts in use of murderous tool know as the Cross. They know they killed Jesus. If the Romans could've produced the body to quiet the growing religion of Christianity you can rest assured they would have. There were many witness including the disciples to Christ's resurrection. Many also witnessed the Ascension. Most don't realize those facts. The "Da Vinci Code" is nothing more than fiction.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shawn B.
Lets say some of the things in the Da Vinci Code were real. If Jesus does have a bloodline thats being hidden then why protect it if he was just a man? Is Jesus' bloodline the only one thats capable of thinking the way he did or something?

Remember, in the Da Vinci Code, the problem was one of gender. The main secret that the Priory of Sion was hiding was the sacred feminine. For such an idea to be true, it would shake the foundations of the Church of Rome which was built, to a large degree, on misogyny.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
the divinity of jesus was argued and debated for hundreds of years, as well as the concept of the holy trinity. these are not established until the early middle ages.

what da vinci code and other related books have done is bring this debate out into the open again, and good for them. this debate is long overdue with the discovery of Nag Hamaadi books, and others finds.

These new books shed light on the early church, the conflicts within the early church, and the diagreements to who jesus was and what his teachings meant.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I believe Jesus came, among other things, for the purpose of demonstrating to us all that GOD is within each of us and accessible equally if we would but make LOVE our guiding principle in human life...

Therefore, the idea of Jesus' divinity is not exclusive or limited - he was the first and the last but the rest are all in between. Which means that ALL of GOD was not in Jesus - Jesus was not GOD incarnate but rather GOD was incarnated within Jesus. As he desires to be manifest in us all.

And so, outside of the sacred feminine issue, the idea of Jesus' divinity not being something dictated by his being a father, or not being a father; or any other human trait, for that matter - is a dangerous one for organized religion. It basically makes their self-decreed monopoly on spiritualism NULL and VOID.

To love and forgive is divine...not celibacy - not an absence of human emotions and characteristics - LOVE is just as inherent in the human heart as it is in the divine...all it takes it a wake-up call!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
We're in the second millenium and people are still afraid of ghosts. I suppose the timing is appropriate.

Enjoy your Halloween while you keep in mind that the Church swiped its rituals, et al, from many religions. The pagans have been laughing for hundreds of years.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Shawn B,

actually his mother Mary & her husband Joseph,
and all of Jesus' later born brother's and sister's are of the 'bloodline'

a researcher might be able to develop a 'family tree' of the relatives
that produced the 'Christ' as there are two accounts of that bloodline in
two books of the Bible...
the 'Christs' family had to go to Bethelem for the Roman census,
so at least you've got a starting point,,,but going forward to this era
is the problem.

my guessi as to why the family tree/bloodline has been deliberately
obscured...is because individuals over the years would seek out relatives
and members of that 'Family Tree'...for all sorts of weird/strange/ nefarious reasons.
satanic groups would have already sought out anyone with even a ,01%
heritage with the 'Christ' bloodline, to be killed or filleted, drawn & quartered, gassed & cremated... so as to purge the planet of anything associated with Jesus or his half-brothers/sisters

sociopaths, would love to conduct rites on anyone from a Jesus or even a Mary-Joseph bloodline...so it is best that any bloodline should not be known or to even thought to exist.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This was a Movie ...I mean I could make stuff up and base it upon scripture .. But if you take things out of context than we could all have stories about god and what is right and wrong ...

Oh wait ... We already do that .. Never mind.

Originally posted by Shawn B.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Having seen two programs on this subject recently thought I'd weigh in. My thinking is much along the lines of that of St Udio. Specifically, it seems to have been some people in Europe, including the Merovingian kings, possibly the Cathars and others, who claimed descendance from Christ. It was not on the programs I saw but I remember hearing that a few modern people still make this claim. First off, I'd like to see a DNA test to see if these people can claim ANY relation to Middle Eastern Jews! DNA tests have shown even most European Jews don't, let alone Christians! They entered the religion the same way as Christians and Muslims, by conversion.

Offhand, my guess would be this royal line wanted to make themselves important (because royalty always wants to be considered something more than regular people) and adopted this story as a means to that. There is also a fairy story about Mary Magdalene coming to France with the child of Jesus. A tradition is celebrated in this French community of four women named Mary arriving there, but none of them were Mary Magdalene. As for Sarah, far from being the daughter of Jesus, she was the little black maid--not even the same race as Jesus and Mary Magdalene!

Whatever the Knights Templar and Cathars believed, they believed strongly enough not to recant and were willing to be tortured to death for it! All the more of a shame as it's based on rumors and lies and not the actual actions of Jesus Himself.

If there is any "bloodline," Mary Magdalene may in fact have been married, perhaps even to a relative of Jesus, and their descendants began claiming they were descended from Jesus Himself as opposed to His brother or cousin. I'd be interested to learn if this were the case, but my best guess would be these Europeans had no relation to the peoples of the Middle East. Something fishy about the Merovingians indeed!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Jesus was not an only child
he was Mary's first child and a miracle
Mary did have other children and a husband
the "family" might have had influence in Early Church Days, nothing 'hidden'

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shawn B.

There is no reason to protect the bloodline even if that is true.

Just look at all protected bloodlines - they ended up being rotten spoiled brats.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join