It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

350x6m antennas looking for alien life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
thought id pop this one in here.

funded by microsoft co-founder, 42 of the 350 antennas making one huge telescope were switched on yesterday in california

The Allen Telescope Array (ATA) will be able to sweep more than one million star systems for radio signals generated by intelligent beings.

it will be run by seti and the university of california's radio astronomy lab.

full story

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

Great to see, that some of the money MS milked from me during the decades is in good use.

On the other hand, doesn't Mr.Allen listen to the great crowd of believing....ehm....people here, You don't need radiotelescopes, you just need happy happy thoughts and a laser pointer to not only proof, that aliens exist, but to have a tea with them.....So much money wasted...the cult of greer might finance another year of first class travels for their high priest with this AND solve the energy problem of at least this planet....such a shame

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc

It will be run by SETI and the university of california's radio astronomy lab.

What was the abbreviation again? ... Silly Effort To Investigate

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
thought id pop this one in here.

funded by microsoft co-founder, 42 of the 350 antennas making one huge telescope were switched on yesterday in california

The Allen Telescope Array (ATA) will be able to sweep more than one million star systems for radio signals generated by intelligent beings.

it will be run by seti and the university of california's radio astronomy lab.

full story

freakin sweet! I wanna jump on one of those antennas and see if I can cook myself like a hotdog on a Cell Phone tower!

top topics

join