It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline Pilot Shares Airspace With V-Shaped UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Just found this story/eye-witness account of a UFO encounter in the skies and thought I'd share it with you.

This sighting occurred while I was acting as Captain during a routine [type of flight deleted] flight in a [type of a/c deleted] from OAK (Oakland, CA) to BUR (Burbank, CA). We had leveled-off at FL210 and were cruising just south of Manteca VOR (a navigational aid near the city of Manteca, CA).

Traffic at this time of night is usually very light and quite easy to spot at ranges exceeding 50 miles. ATC (Oakland Center) routinely advises us of traffic in our area.

While on a mostly southern heading, I noticed a somewhat unusually colored light off to my nine-o-clock position (east of us). It appeared to be close to our altitude, but many miles distant (over the foothills of the Sierra mountain range). Normally, lights seen at that altitude and distance appear to be of a clear white color. Usually the recognition or landing lights of another aircraft descending into the Bay Area for landing. This light was exceptionally bright and very yellow in color.

I pointed it out to my First Officer, in passing. He also remarked on how bright it was. I'd seen unusual lights like this one before - both out over the ocean and on descent into the Bay Area over Concord, CA. They'd always turned out to be oil refineries/rigs burning off gas. This light did not flicker as those had.

As we continued our flight to BUR, we'd occasionally look out to the left to watch the light - which, over time grew both larger and brighter....

READ MORE HERE

I tend to believe people who as they say have had "5,000+ hours of experience - most of which was gained under similar circumstances (at night, over California routes)." When they notice something out of the ordinary on their flight path they've done for years and years and when the object didn't appear on radar, I think it has some basis for investigation.

As he said though, it might not be Aliens. It could very well be, with the advancement in aviation technology in the USA, simply an advanced Earthly craft of some kind. Interesting story none the less in my opinion.

I don't think it's been posted before, but the UFO forum is very busy, so excuse me if it has.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I too think that this is a credible story. If a person that holds the fate of so many passengers in his/her hands on a routine basis is seeing things that are not really there, then the safety of the aviation industry is in big trouble.

Good find.

new topics

join