It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scale modelers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Man, I'll tell ya. With all the interest in Modern Weaponry and hypothetical craft and devices we talk about on ATS, I wonder how many members are scale modelers and build these devices and contraptions in scale.
I enjoy the hobby myself and work in many different mediums and scales. Most of the building I do is chronologically POST-apocolyptic vehicles and dioramas.
So, I am wondering how many others in our ATS family build their interests in scale.

For some of my work, visit my gallery of scale modeling.

Cuhails Workbench

Chime in, modelers! Armor? Aircraft? Figures? What do ya got?

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I would like to. I love model railroads but just haven't made the commitment to start building one.

I see you have an excellent hobby room. Could you post some larger images of the layout you have there?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ben, you need to check my photobucket page for some reference photos for you to do the kitbashing of locomotives. That's if you are going to do a particular road and era.

CandOforever14455's Album

For the neareast model railroad club.

National Model Railroaders Association

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
Ben, you need to check my photobucket page for some reference photos for you to do the kitbashing of locomotives. That's if you are going to do a particular road and era.

That link doesn't work.

I am more of a modeler enthusiast than a railfan, but I still love the nostalgia of railroads. Most good model railroads pay a great deal of attention to modeling a lot more than just the trains.

I think part of my problem is I can see having a room full of of rolling stock, every hobbyist tool ever made, tons of books, tapes, and kits to toy with, but I would still not know what to begin with or what I really want to create. The hobby just has such unlimited possibilities that I am overwhelmed on where to begin with it.

I can think of as many ideas that could fill a small warehouse much less my basement.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
I would like to. I love model railroads but just haven't made the commitment to start building one.

I see you have an excellent hobby room. Could you post some larger images of the layout you have there?

Well, those are the only pictures of what I have so far as a layout. That's my whole gallery. All the models I've done.
The railroad is in N Scale (1/160). The theme is Post-Apocolyptic Lake County, Illinois following the Metra-Milwakee North Line. That's the old Milwaukee Road Lines between Rondout and Fox Lake with interchanges with Canadian Pacific Trackage, Elgin, Joliet and Evanston Trackage and Illinois Central/Canadian Northern Trackage as well. It's set after 2015 and in my future, Lake Michigan has retreated so much that there is access to huge caves under the County in which my paramilitary rail force has commandeered. Fun stuff, huh? The Choedah & Amoconia Rail Road, or the C.A.R.R. for short.
I have a good bit of rolling stock and a handfull of engines and as of right now it's still DC but before it's finished it will be converted to DCC (AC).
The Armor and trucks are in 1/35th scale.
The GTO's, Buicks and other Pontiacs are either 1/32 or 1/25.
The figures are 1/35.
The buildings are all 1/160 N-scale.

The railroad layout is the long time work as I expect to work on it on and off for years to come. You never really finish a layout, you just improve and tweak forever.

Kitbashing and scratchbuilding are THE BOMB! Nothing like it!

Now, there are no other scale modelers out there other than Ben and Gimme Football 400???

Chime in folks!

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I fixed the link to it, it should be fixed now.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by gimmefootball400]

new topics

top topics

join