It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ontario Liberals actually lived up to a Campaign Promise!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Dont get me wrong, Im no conservative, but even I didnt want the Liberals in power due to their string of failures and broken promises. At least they've started on a good note by giving the people of Ontario another statutory holiday dubed, "Family Day", will be observed on the third Monday in Februrary (18th).

Source
Second source

For most of us here in Ontario it means we finally get a day with pay to go hit the slopes. I cant wait for this snowboarding season to start!

Edit to add: The legislature is taking some fire from small business due to costs to them (paying people not to be there). I guess we will just have to wait and see if this makes it out the door.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I just heard about your new holiday on the news. Congratulations! I'm incredibly jealous.

I wonder how much it will cost businesses to have this extra holiday?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Well when queens park is next in session its going to be debated, and the small business league (whatever they call themselves) is against this holiday as it'll cost them big time.

I want the holiday, more snowboarding, a paid day off, especially in the coldest month of the year. I personally cant wait.

new topics

join