It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Scariest Ghosts Caught On Tape

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Just watched this video. Extremely interesting. Not sure what i really think about ghosts and whatnot, but watching this, ...i am even more unsure. This video certainly seems to show things that cant be explained.
It's really good...you should watch it :-)
The only thing is, when i see stuff like this, or hear about it, i can't help but think....if these really are the spirits of people who have died....isn't that an awful eternity? To have to wander around forever in the place you died?
And what of the places that are haunted by people who have died during this century (for example)....where are the ghosts of people who died before them, in the same place?
Anyway, really good video, i am stumped for explanations as to what i just saw on this.

obviously not embedding this properly.....please to go google link instead

Google Video Link

worlds scariest ghosts caught on tape...google link
[edit on 12-10-2007 by geek101]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101

The only thing is, when i see stuff like this, or hear about it, i can't help but think....if these really are the spirits of people who have died....isn't that an awful eternity? To have to wander around forever in the place you died?

This is exactly what makes me wonder if it is only the "damned" souls who come back as ghosts, or if "ghosts" are demons masquerading as dead people.

Anyway, you might like these photos of one of the ghosts from the same show:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
damned souls is one idea, but what about ghosts of children?

and thank you...i am on my own tonight (kids are away) and after regretting watching that video, i thought, its ok, i will just forget about it now....and then you go and post the photos

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Jesus Crist!

did you see that orb?? I think godzilla really was real

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
are you talking about the one in the house with the kids?
that was really weird. Like i said, some strange stuff going on there.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
And also, the weird orange stuff coming from the walls, I think this should have been fully studied, who knows what it could be.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by Branchly]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
nice video post more. ALso some of that stuff was nice but a couple of things weren't very convincing

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
That was a really good video, i havent seen alot of that. That orb video is crazy!(at like 34 mins)
Also, that guy who went up into the attic and a ghost tried to strangle him with a noose.. thats pretty damn scary.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
That was a really good video, i havent seen alot of that. That orb video is crazy!(at like 34 mins)
Also, that guy who went up into the attic and a ghost tried to strangle him with a noose.. thats pretty damn scary.

i know. Really freaky. I am not that into ghost videos, but this one had me thinking.
As i said, its just makes me think that if that is eternity, then its awful.

To the other poster...which bits weren't convincing?....i thought it was all pretty much good evidence

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Seen the video numerous times, I think the 'strangle thing' was found to be a hoax. The other clips are pretty good as well.

I haven't watched the link posted, I just remember from the times I've seen the documentary.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
nice one. watched the whole thning.

"the smell of rose and sulfur". This is common for ghost appearances. But I wonder why? What is it about SULFUR that it is smelled in connection with other dimensions? Anybody out there with some interesting info on that?

As for all the pre-conceptions and jumping-to-conclusions: Ghost Research has shown that Earthbound-Spirits are something very rare, evil ones even rarer and ones that can cause actual damage even rarer still....so theres no reason for the panic constantly displayed when there is talk of ghosts.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

And what of the places that are haunted by people who have died during this century (for example)....where are the ghosts of people who died before them, in the same place?

I read a theory a while back that said something along the lines of, that people "imprint" energy on their surroundings. Maybe the reason you dont really see many "old" ghosts anymore is because their old energy is slowly getting weaker.
Just a thought. I cant remember what it was called. Im going to research it more.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Takkybunny
I read a theory a while back that said something along the lines of, that people "imprint" energy on their surroundings. Maybe the reason you dont really see many "old" ghosts anymore is because their old energy is slowly getting weaker.
Just a thought. I cant remember what it was called. Im going to research it more.

Do you mean that residual energy type ghosts get weaker over the years, as their energy disperses?

That's a potentially good point, as energy does disperse and get weaker with time if it doesn't have a continuous supply of energy supplying it with more.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Thats the one. I was racking my brain but could not remember.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
nice one. watched the whole thning.

"the smell of rose and sulfur". This is common for ghost appearances. But I wonder why? What is it about SULFUR that it is smelled in connection with other dimensions? Anybody out there with some interesting info on that?

All I can figure is that "the smell of sulfur" (i.e. rotten egg smell) is often associated with describing the smell of advanced decay. It's the methane of decomposition. But I find it interesting that there are so many accounts of the death smell associated with a spirit. It would tend to point to the spirit still having some corporeal nature to it. And maybe that's not so nonsensical since the spirit seems to be stuck in the material world.

It's a very interesting and recurring aspect to ghost sighting accounts.

P.S. I really enjoyed the documentary. All of the cases (except for the family the demonologists worked with) were new to me. Very interesting video and photographic evidence.

[edit on 10-13-2007 by Valhall]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
It would tend to point to the spirit still having some corporeal nature to it. And maybe that's not so nonsensical since the spirit seems to be stuck in the material world.

[edit on 10-13-2007 by Valhall]

You might have just solved a piece of the overall puzzle. Ghosts may smell that way to indicate "a state of decay" or to indicate that they are still earthbound/body-bound. Rings true. The smell of roses my indicate an etheric level or be used as a cover-up of the stench. I can only guess.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The attic ghost looks fake to me. Seems convenient that the guy left that string on his neck untill the camera was able to see him take it off. And the haunting stoped when the woman moved out. FAKE

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Certainly interesting but having said that these documentaries are for entertainment purposes only and reveal only a slice of the story.

The phenomena caught in the video are likely to be real but the stories explaining the background and circumstances are speculation only.

I don’t believe the music video ghost is real; bands will do anything to promote themselves.

I like the orbs. I have photographed orbs twice and believe them to be a real unexplained phenomina. Orbs are not supernatural though. I believe there is a real scientific explanation for them, I dont know what it is but somebody eventually will study it and find out what they really are.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
As is usual, i go to bed (UK resident here) and then all the activity on my thread starts

Ok, well, it's 6.30am here and i want to thank you all for your replies (that sounded eerily like some morning DJ)

Skyfloating

If they are rare, why is that? Do you think it's because they are not really spirits of the deceased or is it just because most of us can't sense them?

Takkybunny and Arawn

Thats a really good theory. Had never thought of that. Maybe thats why you get hauntings....maybe it only happens when two people have died in a relatively short space of time and the "ghosts" are fighting for the space.

Valhall

Nice to see you on the boards again.

Again, that is interesting. Why would they have a smell to them when technically they are no longer part of this world. Maybe they project it so we can tell they are there. Isn't is only "evil" ghosts who emit this smell though?
Could be a warning then.

There is SO much we don't understand

Minij

I found the orbs fascinating too. Although photographed ones i am dubious of. I have a photograph of my son stood in our living room and there are orbs everywhere around him. But these i take to be dust particles.

Actually, just looked back at some of those photos and even though it is strange (ie, that another photo, taken on the same day, in the same room shows NO orbs)....i am still going with the dust particle theory.
Unless you mean you have captured the glowing orbs, in which case, sorry about all that

I should never have started this thread. Everytime i check it, i have to skim really quickly past those photos of that woman. And also, even though this has been happening for ages, i have become acutely more aware that the light keeps dimming every so often in here.
See how the mind plays tricks on you...lol
Before now, i always thought...it's just the lightbulb playing up.

EDIT: for spelling

[edit on 14-10-2007 by geek101]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101

Skyfloating

If they are rare, why is that? Do you think it's because they are not really spirits of the deceased or is it just because most of us can't sense them?

[edit on 14-10-2007 by geek101]

well, thats a broad question. They could be anything. My own thinking goes this way: Most spirits ascend to other planes after death. The spirits who are especially unhappy or have died traumatically or have unfinished business or are confused become earthbound...or at least a part of them become earthbound. Thats why most incidents are connected to troublesome hauntings and fear induction (although mostly harmless because its difficult to influence this plane from that plane). This is not to say that ALL spirits that show up are spirits of the deceased. Some are simply discarnate entities. But thats only my speculation on it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join