It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange voice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
For the time being, I felt this deserved a shot in the paranormal forum but honestly I don't have much of an idea where it should be. So forgive me if its in the wrong section.
Alright to begin, let me give you a back ground information on myself, I am in my mid-twenties, healthy (mentally and physically), with a pretty cool job and a very nice situation currently. My family has no history of mental illness and I am no prescription drugs.
This morning at around 5-5:30am, I have been having trouble sleeping today and yesterday though I did manage a bit of time to sleep, I had an experience that has quite honestly freaked me the f*** out. I currently do not have a valid explanation and I am seeking suggestions.
I was attempting to sleep but consciously aware of myself, the time and everything around me, when I felt something in my brain/ear sort of click. Like it had switched to another channel or frequency or something. Immediately after a flood of inaudible voices came in, inaudible like a lunch room inaudible. Too many to hear to make any sense of anything. Then one loud one shouting that I could hear with much greater clarity because of its volume. It wasn't in English, the only language I can speak at the moment, my guess is something European sort of German-ish. Yet I could pull the meaning out. It was some sort of distress or help call, that is the over whelming feeling I got from it anyways.
It's about 6am now and I have no idea what it was, it could have been a hallucination from lack of sleep (?) or.... I don't know. All I know is I can't get back to sleep cause I am freaked out about it lol.
Almost time to get ready for work again, Any thoughts suggestions?

PS
Wouldn't it be freaky if there was like a huge accident some where in Europe.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Get a tape recorder and start it up everytime you go to sleep. If you have another experience, get the tape and play it back. If you hear anything anomalous, record it into a computer and use an audio editing program to filter out noise and amplify the sound. Hopefully you get something.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Very interesting, and hard so say without knowing what was said. The most I could surmise is you had somehow tuned into a channel and one voice knew it so it was asking for your help. Although no harm in setting up a tape-recorder, I have a hunch its internal. What belief system do you currently have?

[edit on 12-10-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hello Sabbator.

I have had very similar experiences and have been loosely diagnosed with SP (sleep paralysis) and Night Terrors for it. I have never pursued this diagnosis any further (as in visit a sleep clinic or a psychiatrist) so I don’t have many answers for you but I can tell you my own experiences in this genre of situation here.

I’ve had these experiences for a long time (roughly 23 years) so I have learned to recognize them and separate them into types (if you wish):

Direct:
1- Screams (very loud ones – loud enough to trigger headaches);
2- Threatening voices;

Indirect:
1- Crashing/destruction sounds;
2- Strange languages in conversations I have no idea what is being discussed;
3- Environmental sounds (such as water, cars, etc).

Many times (specifically in the first two cases) there are also extremely detailed and realistic cases of physical touch (sensations as feeling the warmth of breath against your ear as you hear a whisper).

In all cases there is a very strong sense of fear allied to it (especially the screams and threats). In the case of the more indirect experiences I often feel loss of orientation and sometimes even distortion (as in even if my body is laying down straight and symmetrically I still feel that my spine is abnormally twisted sideways) and also feel “afraid of being found” if that makes any sense.

I hope these experiences relate somewhat to what you described.
Feel free to U2U me if you want to discuss this subject in further detail.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The initial difficulty comes from the fact that I couldn't understand what was being said. My intuition, feeling, was that of a distress from the loudest voice.

I can setup my mp3 player to record, however as this has been for the moment a one time experience I am not expecting much. Also I might add this sound didn't seem to come from a source in my environment, it probably would have woken up my gf if it did.

As for my belief system, I wouldn't put myself into a religion and I'm not an atheist. I won't ridicule any suggestions.

top topics

join