It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore and U.N. Panel Win Peace Prize

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Gore and U.N. Panel Win Peace Prize

www.nytimes.com

Former Vice President Al Gore and the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change have won for their efforts to spread awareness of man-made climate change.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
larouchepac.com...

October 10, 2007 (LPAC)--The carefully-timed placing of a full-page advertisement by a purported switchgrass-roots, crown Gore committee, in today's New York Times, kicked off a wave of media hype that the fascist, British agent, Al Gore, may announce a run for the Presidency; especially if he is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize two days from now, as his bio-fool subjects hope.

As Lyndon LaRouche warned again in his international webcast today, Al Gore is a fascist, and the global warming hoax for which he is the poster boy, is a program for genocide.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Not exactly a balanced report there. Terms like "media-hype," "fascist" and "genocide" abound.

Hey, don't you have an opinion on the matter? This isn't exactly how news submissions work. You don't use another piece as your comment.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I thought it'd be "cool" to play devil's advocate. I often cite LaRouche's work on here and didn't want to put my two cents in..... I believe in global cooling, that the Earth goes through cycles and that Gore is an agent who doesn't deserve anything. But he'll probably continue to fool the public at large, which, to me, is sickening.

This is who gets the PEACE PRIZE? Proves that no one out there gives a hoot about Darfur or ending the middle eastern wars.

I'd give it to Muqtada al-Sadr for sticking up for his country. Seriously.

Boycott Israeli goods:
www.petitiononline.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga

I thought it'd be "cool" to play devil's advocate. I often cite LaRouche's work on here and didn't want to put my two cents in.....

The thing is on ATS you've got to put some comments or analysis, at least to get the discussion going. The idea is to make every post count. It's even written above every new post or reply form.

On topic, the consensus among the scientific world is that the planet is indeed warming up. But we humans are too caught up in asking the wrong questions and bickering the finer points than doing something about it.

But I agree, the Nobel Peace Price is a joke. Always has been.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The thing is on ATS you've got to put some comments or analysis, at least to get the discussion going. The idea is to make every post count. It's even written above every new post or reply form.

Thanks Beachcoma, but I still don't understand when dealing w/ breaking news stories you just want to get out there to other members.... anyway, I'll follow the rules from here on out.... sorry if that bothered anyone....

Also, the mainstream press wants you to be anti-cooling for reasons mentioned above, whereas the US temp has been down for numerous years.

Gore is a puppet of the NWO and will always be. A sad day for the US and rest of the world, let's hope this pig doesn't run for prez again. Or should he be called what he truly is? I won't mention the word here. Let's see if anyone else will . . . .

EDIT: just found this www.dailymail.co.uk... article about this..... interesting a judge finds inconsistencies in his nonsense film.

A controversial documentary on climate change which has been sent to thousands of schools has been criticised by a High Court judge for being 'alarmist' and 'exaggerated'.

Mr Justice Burton said former US vice-president Al Gore's film, An Inconvenient Truth, was 'one-sided' and would breach education rules unless accompanied by a warning.

Despite winning lavish praise from the environmental lobby and an Oscar from the film industry, Mr Gore's documentary was found to contain 'nine scientific errors' by the judge.

Good, someone is calling these HAARP lunatics out. They deserve prison, not a PEACE award! Can't you see the relation to "genocide" Beachcoma? They manufactured Katrina and are proud of tricking the public and now sticking it in yr face since he/they nabbed this award. Sick and perverted people who I hope will get theirs in the long run. . .

[edit on 12-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Well there goes any creditability the Nobel Peace Prize has the UN is beyond a joke and Gore idea that humans are causing climate is a fraud. The so called Global Warming fraud and will bottom itself out but not before commerce has faced increased taxes and low income people have been effected the worst.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
So all you Gore trashers what good have you done?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Dr Helen Caldicott deserves the peace prize. She did research on DU and nuclear weapons. Her book about it, from 2002, "The New Nuclear Danger" is a terrifying read about DU poison IS Gulf Ware Syndrome, MAD still exists and a false alarm could trigger nuclear winter.

It's available on Amazon for a penny! Shipping costs only. Excepts:

“Dropped by parachute..., they detonate just above the ground creating a wide area of devastation. The first explosion bursts the container at a predetermined height, dispursing the fuel mixes with the atmospheric oxygen. The second charge then detonates this fuel-air cloud, creating a massive blast that kills people and destroys un-reinforced concrete. Near the ignition point people are obliterated, crushed to death with overpressures of 427 lbs./sq. inch, and incinerated at temperatures of 2500 to 3000 degrees centigrade. Another wave of low pressure--a vacuum effect--ensues. People in the second zone...are severely burned and suffer massive internal injuries before they die. In the third zone, eyes are extruded from their orbits, lungs and eardrums rupture....Up to 200 civilians died 20 miles away from the cave complex...in Tora Bora when U.S. planes attacked. They suffered blast trauma--ruptured lungs, blindness, arms and hands blown off, almost certainly from FAEs.”

That one was about 15k pound fuel-air explosives, here's another one about DU from this site :

Weapon researchers and developers have now succeeded in putting this toxic 'nuclear waste' to use through the creation of depleted uranium bullets and shells," she added. The weapons can cause enormous damage in Iraq, she said. Depleted uranium particles are soluble in water and the waters around the battlefields, as in Iraq and Kuwait, are at risk of radioactive pollution, Caldicott said.

She warned that DU maintains radioactivity for billions of years and can concentrate in the food chain, with children and babies more vulnerable to the carcinogenic effects of ingested radiation than adults.

Medical reports from Iraq indicate that childhood malignancies are seven times more frequent than they were before the first Gulf War.

The complaints of the veterans of the first Gulf War are "surprisingly similar in pattern to the various pathologies induced by uranium exposure as described by the U.S. military," Caldicott said.

Some 50,000 to 80,000 veterans were afflicted with Gulf War Syndrome during that war, and there has been no definitive answer -- but a lot of dispute -- as to the cause.

The military use of depleted uranium is still being questioned.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
So all you Gore trashers what good have you done?

Well I cant speak for anyone else but I had nothing against Gore until he started to perpetrated the global warming fraud. As for what good I have done I done I don't subscribe to every bogus idea that is out there and that includes "Global Warming " and the existence of a higher power.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I am very happy for him and i beleive he would win the presidency if he runs for president.

People are ready for a big change NOW.

Go!!! Al Gore!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Total agreement w/ you Xpert11, it's a fraud to ruin people to get to their "Georgia Guidestones" levels. LaRouche says under a billion and what's the GG total? Half a billion? Exactly the same. He's a monster and should be imprisoned for the fraud he's trying to get over people, I'm glad that court ruled against showing his drivel in classrooms.

Get the word out, boycott Al (Blood &) Gore, which, by the way, is the ACTUAL name of his mutual/hedge funds/investment company. Look it up! They're killing machines, living it up off other people's misery, while a good portion of humanity actually believe their lies.

Here are numerous articles, since 1992 (!) outlining Gore's fraud, I suggest researching this.... thing.... before patting him on the back.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I hope they succeed in drafting Gore... I do not want to have to chose between Hillary and Guilliani. Just the mere thought makes my stomach turn.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the only sane, civil person for election. Against the fed reserve and the war asap. That's my vote, the rest of you Blood and Gore lovers should do some more research before jumping on their NWO bandwagon, Hillary and Rudy are just as bad IMO...

A little Blood and Gore then:

This article appears in the January 21, 2000 issue of Executive Intelligence Review.
AIDS: Don't Be Fooled by Al `Adolf' Gore

by Scott Thompson

On Jan. 10, U.S. Vice President Al Gore presided over a special session of the United Nations Security Council, devoted to the catastrophic threat to Africa posed by the unchecked AIDS pandemic. That the Clinton administration chose to devote the month of January, with U.S. Ambassador to the UN Richard Holbrooke chairing the Security Council, to the crisis in Africa, is commendable, as is the administration's commitment to push Congress to put up $150-350 million for emergency aid to countries in Africa and South Asia that are overwhelmed by the spread of HIV.

But the fact that Vice President and Presidential pre-candidate Al Gore was given the chance to chair the special session on AIDS, is a case of hypocrisy run wild.

Not only was Gore caught red-handed last year blocking the delivery of cheaper drugs to fight AIDS to South Africa. But he is also on record, particularly in his 1992 book Earth in the Balance: Ecology and the Human Spirit, advocating radical population reduction—even if it means the spreading of pandemic killer diseases such as AIDS to achieve that reduction.

And then there's this guy from this year about the same monster:

So, I want to hone in for a moment, on Al Gore: What is your take on his theory that man-made carbon dioxide emissions are going to create a 20-foot rise in sea level, that will wipe out Manhattan and create hurricanes like Katrina, that have the potential to wipe out life as we know it on the Earth?

Driessen: Well, I think the whole thing is ludicrous. Even the alarmists in the UN don't buy into this hysteria. Their latest report is suggesting an 18-inch rise in sea levels over the next century is the most likely scenario. Gore's 20 feet is pure Hollywood scare-mongering. Certainly, we're experiencing some global warming, and certainly in certain places especially, humans are having some effect on local weather and climate, and so forth. But to suggest that human carbon dioxide is responsible for this stuff is crazy.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It seems like at one time the peace prize really said something positive about a person and what he/she has done for the world in a meaningful manor.

The news stated that one of the of candidates for this year's prize was Rush Limbaugh. They got to be kidding.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Al Gore has decades of public service living off the public money trough. Inventor of the internet and the basis for the movie "Love Story". He has been a conservation friend for many years and we all know about Global Warming from his film. Don't see how this has anything to do with world peace, but then I didn't vote for him at all.

Well done Al, you apparently did more than Rush Limbaugh which is why you are a co-winner. Good job and don't spend all that money in one place.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I gotta keep posting these since Gore is the fraud:

More importantly, Al Gore has the theory backward. Gore claims that rising carbon dioxide causes warmer planetary temperatures. In reality, according to the ice core data and other records going back thousands of years, the planet warms first and then—400 to 800 years later—the carbon dioxide increases. As the oceans warm in response to various natural forces, they cannot hold as much carbon dioxide as when they're cool, so they release some of their built-up stores of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.

Even Gore had to admit, in response to a question after his testimony, that sometimes temperature increases have preceded CO2 increases. Even his own graph, the one he uses in his lectures, the one featured in the "Great Global Warming Swindle," shows this time lag. The temperature goes up and, several hundred years later, up goes the carbon dioxide. The temperatures go down and, several centuries later, the carbon dioxide levels go down.

Plus, it's really hard to believe that even Al Gore believes his own rhetoric. He uses huge amounts of electricity and natural gas—20 times more than the average American—and he refuses to cut back. He's flying all over the planet, often in private jets, spewing out greenhouse gases. He refused to take an energy pledge that Sen. Jim Inhofe offered him last week, refused to agree to use no more energy than the average American. But he wants Africa to rely on wind and solar power, and he thinks everybody else should cut back to the level of the new middle classes in India or China, which still use only a fraction of what Americans, Canadians, and Europeans do.

EIR: One of the things that we've uncovered through our EIR research is that Al Gore is also the head of a financial management company, which was set up in 2004, which is going to make a killing off the so-called "carbon swap" and the financial speculation associated with that, if a carbon tax and carbon swap system were put in place internationally.

Driessen: That's correct. Basically, the rule of thumb is, follow the money. Follow it for Al Gore, follow it for the environmental groups, follow it for the scientists, who are going to get billions of dollars in grant money from the U.S. government, the Canadian government, the European Union, the UN, and so forth. If they start talking like climate catastrophe skeptics, that money is going to dry up.

Look at Al Gore. Not only does he have this company that's going to rake in millions of dollars by selling and trading these various emissions credits, but he gets free emission credits from his company—he doesn't even have to buy them! And he only started using these emission credits this year, just before his movie came out.

So, again, the hypocrisy is boundless, it seems.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
While I that "Global Warming " is a fraud it would be silly to rule out the likes of Solar Power in places like Africa. The demand for electricity in an African Village isnt exactly going to be huge. You can support responseible environmental policy's without subscribing to a fraudulent theory that will do nothing but hurt low income earners , increase tax burden and give third world countries and economic advantage.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
...but he is a hypocrite for having that company, seems like a conflict of interest there.

I disagree about the African points. You have to have a progressive, advanced society everywhere should humanity move forward. They're using 'one village' as an example to a point, all it would take is a solar panel per family since they live in freaking huts.

It's insane how heartless most people on this forum are, first, in a UN study about poverty, people were like, "it's not the US problem, too bad" and now this?

You're lost to think that helping every and any country in this world won't better people as a whole. You can't be serious to discount that point.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Anhinga rather then go off topic I have sent my reply to your above post via U2U. So check your inbox and feel free to reply.
Cheers xpert11.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join