It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aliens are NOT real

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
Then how come you see no scientists believing in aliens.

You're kidding?

I've yet to read a book from any notable physicist that doesn't believe in:

There's an endless possibility for life out there, the chances are too high to bet against a said reality.

I've yet to read a book from any notable mathematician that doesn't believe in:

There's an endless possibility for life out there, the chances are too high to bet against said reality.

I've yet to read a book from any notable biologist (especially cellular) that doesn't believe in:

There's an endless possibility for life out there, the chances are too high to bet against said reality.

Why do you think one of NASA's (and space explorations) top goals is to find life outside of our own planet? We have planned missions to Europa just for that goal.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teratoma
According to these statistics (and my alcohol-pickled memory), from the time of the Wright brothers, to the beginning of WWII, there were almost no UFO sightings reported. Then, just before the start of the war, a 'new' type of UFO, the flying saucer was seen frequently, by people on the ground, and military & commercial pilots alike.

I can't help but wonder if those 'coincidences' have something to do with the development of the atomic bomb, and the first nuclear explosions. The dates certainly match.

There are speculations regarding the fact that the first nuclear detonations might have acted as a signal for extra-terrestrial civilizations of our existence or technological development.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
If you were from a million year old race that has mastered space travel, then would you be interested in interfering with the affairs of a primitive planet?

[edit on 11-10-2007 by wildcat]

The same reason we go to the zoo i suppose, and they are probily trying to resaerch us, maybe we can do sothing they can't

and to when you ask why would they all of a sudden apear in the 20th century, maybe only then is when they developed the technology or got enough space dollors to come here

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
There are many religious paintings hundreds of years old depicting flying craft and sometimes even "other beings" in them. There are also records of "flying objects" in many religions. There is tons of evidence to suggest that they are in fact real.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Nothing in the OP's post describes why aliens do not exist.

Personally i feel that there may be some indirect involvement - i imagine that if i were a member of a super-race of aliens with an advanced sense of ethics and perhaps even culture that observing other sentient species would be the perfect way to harmonise the problems and strifes of your own species.

It's possible that by monitering us, the alien establishment is keeping the masses of the alien masses afraid.

I'm sure there are plenty whom are more than willing to detonate our planet's core, thereby wiping our species from the face of the galaxy, however i'm also sure there are those whom understand that our species can be used as a tool to keep such vulgar individuals in check.

At least, that would be a terrestrial way of looking at it - perhaps they're just keeping us isolated from the rest of the galaxy by manufacturing sensor reports when we send out probes or possibly even giving fake images to our satellietes and telescopes; i mean, if they're advanced enough, then they could do it.

How better to keep a potential enemy down than to fool him into believing he's alone?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

Yes, I agree with you. Just because we don't have all the answers like what motivation they would have to mess with us, doesn't mean they don't exist. I don't know why someone wouldn't believe in aliens. I can understand what the OP suggests, "My enemy's enemy is my friend.", but this one world gov't thing the OP is suggesting would just have a perfect "enemy".

Basically, just because the gov't might say we need to unite against aliens, DOESN'T mean they don't exist and they're being fabricated. I personally think it's extremely ignorant to think that out of ALL the stars, even yellow ones out there, that we could be the ONLY life in the entire universe.

Hell, even many scientists agree that Venus would have had 2 billion years to have life evolve. So does that just mean that our yellow star is magically special?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
speculation before confirmation, right?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

You've missed my point.

I believe that the case may be that we should not be preparing ourselves to fight against aliens, but to detect them.

If technologically superior, They will have all the technology we have now - and they will know the major flaws that lie therein.

A good comparison could be; How simple would it be for a CIA interrogator to fool a schoolchild?

While i do not acknowledge the hostility of exterior forces, i know for certain that aggressive expansion will be met with extreme measures - if we get the first contact wrong, we'd probably end up with interstellar war on our hands if they've been watching us for a while.

Which is a good reason to deal with those knee-jerk reactions.

It's entirely plausible that all this is indeed set up by the establishment to keep us in fear (and therefore in line) but it's also plausible that the establishment itself has been fooled.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
What the hell is this? Is this a thread that try to get attention or what?
I mean c'mon! You call them aliens and you try to put yourself into their situation and how they think? They might not think like human, considering the advanced achievement in technology they have, and probably their brains and intelligent are way more superior than ours probably if they invade us there must be a reason, and your statements about Roswell and the other incident occur at the same period have NO proof. If you put out a question, ask yourself this, why an advanced country like USA attack primitive countries like Vietnam and other countries?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bonthan

Well that was certainly thought-provoking.

I'm using human psychology because it's the only available coherent talk-point i can use - an alien reaction to human contact (i'm assuming it's us that are going to be making contact with them, for some reason) will come under the heading of either

A: They will not attempt to communicate unless we force them from a few planets.

B: They will respond with aggression upon first contact.

or

C: They will greet us with open arms.

It's when you look at the scenario from the flipside that things become interesting, after all, them contacting us means either they want to help us (which would be incomprehensible to most humans) or they want to enslave/destroy us and take our planet.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

It's when you look at the scenario from the flipside that things become interesting, after all, them contacting us means either they want to help us (which would be incomprehensible to most humans) or they want to enslave/destroy us and take our planet

Or they are curious and would like to learn more about us and our planet. Maybe even to test us and see how we react.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

aliens are NOT real

They are a hideous lie, created by the Global Elite in order to manipulate the public into a one world government. Many years ago, a man suggested that the best way to unite the world is through artificial alien invasion. After that man suggested that, the Roswell incident occured and we started getting abduction reports. Alien abductions are actually part of the Global Elite's mind control program.

If that were true, it would be the lamest "mind control program" ever.
The Roswell incident (whatever that was) was in 1947 which is 60 years ago. What kind of global elite would be so stupid as to waste 60 years prepping us for one world government when you could do is so much more quickly.

And UFOs are actually top secret US military craft.

I'm sure many are.
I'm also sure some are swamp gas.
And some are vodka related.
and some are even unknown/unsolved.
A UFO doesn't mean alien, it just means Unidentified Flying Object. If you see a kite in the sky that you have never seen before and you cannot identify it as a kite, then it's a UFO to you.

How come we didn't have any UFO sightings or alien abduction reports in the last 10,000 years of human civilization until just now (20th century)?

There have been written reports of mysterious lights throughout written history. For example, in the bible, some people feel ezekiel's wheel refers to an alien craft.
There are also artifacts that look oddly like space ships. For example, an Egyptian artifact, found in a tomb at Saqquara, Egypt in 1898, is a six-inch wooden object that strongly resembles a model airplane, with fuselage, wings and tail. Experts believe the object is so aerodynamic that it is actually able to glide.
A small object discovered in Central America, and estimated to be 1,000 years old, is made of gold and could easily be mistaken for a model of a delta-wing aircraft - or even the Space Shuttle. It even features what looks like a pilot's seat.
Of course this is just speculation but they qualify as possible "reports" , after a fashion.

It's because the technology is new, and it wasn't around back then. All documents of UFOs and aliens that date before the 20th century are lies.

I'll believe you if you can prove that statement.

If you think aliens are real, then ask yourself this. If you were from a million year old race that has mastered space travel, then would you be interested in interfering with the affairs of a primitive planet?

Why not? We keep animals in cages and watch them, breed them, etc...

No, you have much more important things to do then waste time on a primitive planet that is millions of light years away from your homeworld.

How do you know this? Maybe they like helping others? Maybe for them it's like going down the block? Maybe for them it's like going to the monkey house?

Do not believe this lie, as it will cost you your life.

Well isn't that ominous?????
I'm sure you have some incredible information to present that will back up that incredible statement???

I wait with bated breath.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wildcat

I'm not sure if aliens are real, but UFOs have been around since the dawn of human civilization... There are cave paintings, as some before me have mentioned, and tons of ancient accounts of unidentified things in the sky... What UFOs are is the question, but one thing is for sure, they are not the invention of the elite... aliens... who knows...

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Due to the sheer size of the universe and number of stars, it's not only a possibility, but a probability that aliens exist.

It's also highly probable that aliens have visited earth and still are.

Then again, it's also more probable that we're currently living in a simulation as opposed to a "real" existence.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Of course we're not the only one's in the universe. The idea is actually absurd. Odds alone dictate there must be many, many other civilizations out there.

There are approximately 10,000,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy.

There are approximately , 10,000,000,000,000 galaxies in the universe.

That means there are approximately 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the universe.

We have found hundreds of extra solar planets around stars in our little corner of our galaxy alone. There are obviously huge numbers of extra solar planets out there so why is it so difficult to believe that there is life out there? Life A LOT older then us?

Look how far we have come in the last 100 years.
Even the last 30 years.
Look at how quickly computers are advancing.

So of course there are many, many civilizations out there, some immeasurably older then ours with the technology to reach us if they so wanted.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The fact that the government are even staging a hoax alien invasion suggesting that it is real elsewhere anyways.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yes I have done research into this subject.

Moon bases are actually man-made. There are photos of vehicles on the moon which look like they are man-made. There are also multiple tire tracks on the dusty surface of the moon, which nasa claims they are rocks rolling down hill. If aliens have built some sort of structure on the moon, then why would there be tire tracks going near them? Don't they have antigravity?

Some of the alien conspiracy theories are ridiculous. For example, the aliens supposely made a contract with the United States that allows them to conduct experiments on living organisms on Earth in exchange for technology. If aliens are really millions of years more advance than us, then our weapons would be useless against theirs. So why do they need a contract? And that they need our genes in order to reproduce again because they lost their ability to do that. If they are that advance, then they do not need to do that, as they should have technology that is a better solution.

Also all the aliens we have "seen" are organic. They shouldn't be that, because they would be aware that they can do much more in a robotic body than a fleshy one. We have plans to "evolve" the human race into cyborgs. This is happening in only 10,000 years of civilization. If aliens are millions of years old, then they should have already done this ages ago.

I also think that as one gains intelligence, they also gain rationality. Just look at all of the smartest people on earth, do you ever see them commiting acts of evil? I don't think it's possible for an alien race that is far more inteligent than ours to be evil. They would of evolved from that stage of their development long ago. So they wouldn't cooperate with the Global Elite for global domination and give them any technology that would help them achieve their goals.

The government also can't keep anything secret. That's why we have so much information of the NWO.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I think you do far too much assuming based on a major lack of evidence. And to be honest, you're being a little slack. Have you even been reading all the replies in this thread, that hold a great wealth of information?

Sharing your oppinion is fine, but if you want to be taken a bit more seriously in order to send your 'important' message across -- than I think you'll have to do a little better in providing actual facts to back up your assumptions.

I'm not saying that ours is definately right and yours is definately wrong -- nothing is definite. But theres certainly a HECK of a lot more evidence that points toward our position.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I am very sorry for the confusion

I believe aliens have never existed on earth, and that there is a possibility of life out there. Intelligent life would probably be in another galaxy, because we should of already picked up some sort of radio signals if there is intelligent life in the milky way. I believe intelligent life is extremely rare. I also do not believe in evolution, but I'm keeping an open mind about that.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
ok, so what about the Pedro Mountain mummy found in Casper Wyoming in 1932? Human or Alien? If not really alien, how'd he get there?

just do some searching on the topic.

Personally I believe that aliens exist, just have seen too much stuff to believe otherwise...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join