It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Drugging of Deportees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

ACLU Seeks to Stop Drugging of Deportees

The American Civil Liberties Union filed a motion to stop immigration authorities forcibly drugging deportees as they are put on commercial flights back to their home countries...

The motion, filed Tuesday in federal court, comes after an immigration official testified in the Senate last month that 50 immigrants over a seven-month period were forced to take psychotropic drugs. Many of them had no psychiatric diagnosis...

According to court papers, one of the deportees, a Senegalese man, was forced to the floor in the aisle of a plane parked at Los Angeles International Airport and injected with medication.

More...

Good grief!

If what is alleged is true...

:shk:

[edit on 11-10-2007 by loam]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Is this for real??? Why would they being doing this to those poor people?

drugging them so they won't resist being sent home? I'm sure there are alternatives means to get them to cooperate without forcing drugs on them.

No wonder people come with some of the theories they do regarding the spread of disease. And while I'm shocked, I'm really not that shocked because of a conversation I had with someone who was recently incarcerated. It was his first time in jail and he said other detainees told him to be careful in the physcological evaluation the prison gives because any hint of depression and you're getting drugged. I had brushed that off as jail house talk, but now I have to wonder just how far is authority willing to go to subdue the people. Scary stuff and scary times...

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Every time I think I have been shocked as much as possible by what we do, I find an article like this one...

This is truly amazing.

It's hard to understand who we have become. What has happened to us?

[edit on 11-10-2007 by loam]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This has some serious implications. We're being told it was drugs to subdue them, but how can anyone be sure, what if these people are being used as guinea pigs?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I was talking to my cousin on Monday about some of the police abuse taser cases in recent news. As a former security guard, I told him that I thought that police were starting to use the taser as a substitute for the good old art of talking to people. Instead of being bothered to reason with somebody, they just give them 50000 volts.

I think the same thing is happening here. The drugs were administered because they didn't want to have to deal with anything on the flight. Immigration was lazy and didn't want to chance the guy getting out of hand. This is ridiculous, because this guy wasn't doing anything wrong at the time, or so the article says. This would comparable to arresting someone because you thought they might commit a crime, "Minority Report' style.

What do you want to bet that they didn't check if the guy was allergic to Haldol before giving it to him, too? Good thing he wasn't.

I know a guy that works with Canadian Immigration. I'm going to ask him whether they ever inject people they are deporting.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Wow. This is an inevitable result of the anti-human rights mentality of the immigration crackdown crowd, people!

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It is more evidence that we have arrived at a dangerous time in our history.

I wonder if these are isolated incidents or whether more stories like this one will emerge.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by loam]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This is a sure sign of a police state mentality how long will it take till they start drugging citizens. They will test it this way, if there is no public outcry they will start doing this to us IMHO.

I just posted a news article on this, my bad I didn't see the thread here.

I can't believe there isn't more interest regarding this.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I agree with the consensus, this is just a glimpse of what may soon take place, in our own homes. Cameras/interfaces in our houses making sure we get the right amount of "medicine", to promote and prolong "well-being".

Average Joe and Jane need to hear about this on the news. Craziness!

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Just my $.02 but when did alleged become guilty.Not saying they did not do these things, but its' Innocent Until Proven Guilty!After all the ACLU is a strong supporter of illegal immigration

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well obviously the deportees were resisting and not cooperating. They injected them in order to keep them under control and prevent them from trying to escape and reenter the US. What's wrong with that?

In my opinion, these deportees deserve much worse. If they did not cooperate, not only should they get an injection, they should also receive a farewell tase or two or three. Also, why are they flying these people out? Their plane tickets are coming directly out of OUR tax money. THEY should be paying their OWN ticket out, not us. If they can't afford the ticket, then kick them south of the border where they should all belong. Either that or dump them in the ocean and hope they can swim their way back to China or whatever third world worthless country they come from.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If you guys think this is bad then what do you think about the land mines, one warning shot and then shoot to kill, etc used by almost every other nation on Earth to protect their sovereignty?

Personally I could care less what we do to them. This land is our land, not theirs, if they want to come then come the right way or stay the hell out.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

reply to post by prona

Wow, you guys are sure narrow minded. There's an almost infinite number of reasons one might be deported from the US. Many of which are completely out of the deportee's hands. Even if the deportation is legitimate, what gives anyone the right to treat another human being this way? The hardline, separatist position is nothing more than a weak attempt to lay blame for your own troubles on someone else.

"give 'em a taze or two or three..." "throw 'em into the ocean and hope they can swim..." What are you... 12? Statements like this reflect poorly on all of America, and in case you haven't noticed, we're not exactly in the good graces of the other peoples of the world. That may not matter to you, as apparently you think you're better than anyone who wasn't born in the same country as you, but to the rest of us, it matters.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Do you live in the US? If so you must incredibly lucky to not to be living in a community that has to deal with the negative effects of mass legal and illegal immigration on a daily basis like I do.

Not everything is the sweet and rosy picture that the pro immigrant activists make it out to be.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
:shk:

Amazing responses.

This is not an illegal immigration issue! No one opposes illegal immigration more than I do.

BUT, if what is alleged is true, drugging human beings against their will with little justification is simply appalling. Their legal status has nothing to do with this issue imo.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
What will be worst, to drug them or zap them with guns? people will complain not matter what, pepper spray is inhumane, stun guns are dangerous, hitting them is also inhumane, well what can it be done if talking doesn't work anymore.

I really don't know what to say.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Anything to keep Mexicans out huh? Drug em, incarcerate them, throw em in ovens. Why not? We are no good. All we do is make welfare babies and tacos.
We take the gringos jobs and sponge off the system. We are better off dead.

Viva Aztlan

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
This land is our land, not theirs, if they want to come then come the right way or stay the hell out.

Are you Native American by chance?

To those who are viewing this as the ACLU protecting illegal immigrants, you're not looking at the bigger picture. They're protecting human beings. No one has the right to drug others against their will. Just because someone wants to enter the US because they don't want their families starving and dying of disease gives the goverment the right to do anything to them?

Just because they are not from the US makes them less human?

To those who say, "Why can't they just apply for citizenship," I can gurantee that they don't understand the process one has to go through to become a citizen. It's not as simple as just signing your name and waiting for an ok to come to the US.

You have to fill out forms that are worded to where it seems only lawyers can understand. Next, you have to take the citizenship test that covers US history, goverment, and culture. I have personally taken this test, and I can say that there are questions on there that average Americans would never know the answers to. Such as, how many Presidents have we had? How many stripes on the US flag? Name the three branches of goverment. And so on.

Now tell me, how is someone coming from a different country, with very little money, and concern for their family's well being supposed to know this kind of information?

If I were to ask the same questions, but about a different country, how many of us can attest to knowing this type of information?

[edit on 17-10-2007 by DJMessiah]

new topics

top topics

join