It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just bought a new cat pillow, now my cats are fighting Mutual of Omaha style!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Just bought a new pillow for the cats to sit on and they're goin' gangsta on each other. They're brothers and have never fought like this before over anything. I feel like the Micheal Vick of cats.

The weird thing is that the other pillow they have is even bigger and more comfy. Who knew?

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Cats are weird. I have two. One we got when it was a kitten (female and a house cat) and the other is a stray male that befriended us over the last three years and we have finally started letting him in the house since this past spring. He has only peed in the house once so far (one time too many). We were sound asleep and he was trying to wake us up but the wife and I woke up a bit too late and for some strange reason he picked a pair of my shoes near the bed to pee on. He stays outside at night for now one...

Anyway...according to our ex-neighbor's math, Diablo (the stray) should be about 8 years old now or maybe seven. We had him neutered recently and he seems okay with it. Still gets into plentry of fights outside but doesn't roam too far any longer. Is generally in the yard when outisde.

He gets along fine with the other cat and our dog. They all ocassionally wack each other or pounce on each other but mainly in fun. Our female has two beds and rarely uses them and Diablo is twice her size and would need a dog bed if we were to get him one. We have a #zu for a dog and Diablo is about the same size as the dog...

Oh...my point: Diablo has a brother who is also stray and also hangs around outside on ocassion and they fight BAD! They have had broken legs, large chunks of fur and flesh missing, etc.....nasty fights those two. They have mellowed of late and probably alot to do with Diablo's lack of sack. There is a new male hanging around outside (not a stray...obviously someone's pet) and Diablo kicks the crap out of him whenever he sees him. Needless to say, that cat takes off whenever he sees Diablo.

Our own little wild kingdom we have going in the desert....we get some wonderful gifts left on our front steps, back deck and driveway...all kinds of wonderful dead creatures...gifts from our feline friends!!

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Cats are awesome..
We're trying to introduce a new cat to our dogs this week. Fun..!
So, like where is the youtube vid of this?

Oh, and has Marlin sent in Jim to do the dirty work yet?

disclaimer:
All Scenes, whether actual or created, depict authenticated fact..

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
So, like where is the youtube vid of this?

Agreed. I want to see this Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom goodness. Sounds great.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You guys overestimate my technical knowhow!
Plus I don't have the software or hardware.

The pillow took quite a hit overnight. They're still going at it. My Maine coon is fat (according to my vet), so the activity does have a plus side I guess.

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Probably looks something like this....

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Wow WWF "smackdown" over a cat pillow. Seperate them and give them some cat nip that should chill them out.

[edit on 10/12/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Cats are nuts, and they don't seem to need any reason at all to be weird.

I have a little 3-pound cat. She's still fairly young, but she's really small for her age. But what she lacks in size, she makes up for in sheer gall.

I have 2 Great Dane puppies - one is working on 100 pounds, and the other's probably around 75, and this kitten beats the living daylights out of these dogs on a regular basis. They'll be asleep in the floor and she'll come flying out of nowhere, pounce on their head, and start kicking/biting while the dog just lays there with this "...what is going on?" look on their face. Then when they stand up she bolts and hides again.

It's pretty funny, actually. She'll come flying off of furniture and attack their (wagging) tails, and these dogs just look at her. Granted, there have been a couple times I've caught the Danes carrying her around in their mouths, but (after the initial panic attack induced by me thinking they've killed my cat) I've found that they don't actually hurt her - they just carry her from one place to another, drop her, and walk off so she can clean all the dog spit off of her.

new topics

top topics

join