It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESA releases Cassini images of Titan’s lakes and seas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Ok, so Huygens did land on Titan apparently here is an artist drawing of the landing. Also, a surface pic compared to the moon. There are many many more pics at the link I posted.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by jhamende]

[edit on 12-10-2007 by jhamende]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Plus lots of aerial pictures of the landing area. Amateurs had a pretty big role in the landing, since they were quick to stitch together the raw images to produce some really stunning pictures:

anthony.liekens.net...

Don't get too excited about the "shoreline", though, since there's no liquid in that area.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
More orange planetoids and skies!!! I wish I like orange a bit more
Seems to be a very popular color where ever we send landers.

thanks for putting the photo up.

Looks like river rocks ... evenly weathered and smooth.

Question ... why does it look like heat haze in the distance if it is suppose to be so cold? I know the whole thing is a bit blurry, but, it looks a bit more than that.

Why is there almost the look of a blue sky on the moon part of the comparison?

I still believe they could show us picture of a desert here and we really wouldn't know the difference. A color filter, a remote location ... nah, they wouldn't do that

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

There are scattered variable clouds in Titan's atmosphere in addition to the overall deep haze. These clouds are probably composed of methane, ethane or other simple organics. Other more complex chemicals in small quantities must be responsible for the orange color as seen from space. Analysis of the Huygens data will tell us a great deal about the details of the atmospheric chemistry

Info about Titan

Also on my screen there looks to be some type of digital distortion where the blue is on the moon side of the pic. I see some blue vertical lines.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join