It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights Over the Eastern Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I joined today because i found links to this site via Google about the lights in the Eastern sky. I live in Northern NC USA but work in Jarratt Va. (Exit 20 VA I-95) I work 3rd shift was was on my way to another building on the grounds when I observed a really bright light on the eastern horizon over the trees. Soon thereafter I noticed it was blinking red blue and white. Around dawn it slowly blinked on and off about at about 625a EDT just before daylight fully breached, it remained ON.

Some of the responses from the other threads suggested it was due to fixed wing airplanes. There isn't an airport within about 80 miles of this location and we never see aircraft out here. I don't think this is Venus... Maybe the ISS? Anyone please care to re-open this discussion? I'm going to purchase a Telescope and attempt to look closer in the mean time...

You all are incredibly bright! I'm looking forward to answering any threads I may be able to! --Nep

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
By your description, that sounds like Venus. The description here mentions being able to follow it even after sunrise.

www.space.com...

Mars gets brighter later on through the year.

space.com has some good resources.

new topics

join