It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil hidden in the games.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by qonone
There are millions of Christians in Japan and there are those who are satanists. To say that they are unaware and their beliefs are different hence the reason that inventors of certain games are totally unaware of the demonic presence in their games are not true. These signs/symbols are put in for reasons known very well by the inventors of games.

The OP's statement of symbols on demonic/satanistic nature on game characters is true. Symbols of such demonic nature are known ,if you get to read eg:The Keys Of Solomon ..and how to use them and what the purpose of these symbols are. These things are powerful and used by a lot of pagan cults/religions.

Thank you for this acknowledgemetn qonone, it's difficult in gaming culture to convince anything that they like may not be the best thing for them. It's been hard for me to drop some really cool games because of content unsuitable for spiritually concerned. I'll have to learn more about The Keys of Solomon, it's the first I'd heard it brought up.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

I always love your replies in threads cause i would not know how lay things out any better than you..i wish i could,then i am happy that there are people like yourself who say what is needed while i am still thinking of how to respond.

Anyway as for the Keys Of Solomon is not something i would recommend as it is hectic. Solomon left the "keys" on how to use fallen angels/demons and Angels to do stuff for him. He was quite a man and his wisdom is totally underrated today.

These keys leaves symbols (100's of them),prayers..loads of them to take charge over demons eg: is the famous argument between him and Asmodeus ,and even Angels still under God and to use them for personal reasons or gain.

Symbols has been used to call up certain forces and Solomon had the wisdom..he was basically in charge of them even as he was flesh. Nothing good can come of it as Solomon himself admitted to God.

If you choose to study or flip through the keys do so with great care ,imo i would pray everyone to stay clear of them. Curiosity to see symbols do get you..and you will find so many symbols that we see today,fortunately most symbols needs to be used with others and a prayer with every one to call up the wrong ones.

Remember ..nothing they do is for free ,if you choose to use you will need to pay back...even if it is for the good. Then that is why we have their Creator as our God ..we do not need them !!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the tip quonone.

Hey, I apparently hit a sore-spot today. I was on one of my frequent sites mmorpg.com and wanted to get some thoughts about why the Devil pops up on so many games. Apparently there was quite a rally to his defense: www.mmorpg.com...

This is the part where I thank the ATS Community for being open-minded, at least listen to and consider another's viewpoint especially when it is a different one. In my years here, I'd never seen a reaction like I did at that link!

[edit on 8-1-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Okay, they deleted that thread. Apparently you can't say 'devil' on that tv. I made a topic called "I'm tired of the Devil in MMORPG's" as in the character Devil showing up in games and it seems to have been deleted. It had 300 post and 3,000 views in 3 days. Needless to say, I was very surprised. Careful what you say there, censoring is abound. Maybe mods on mmorpg.com will understand that freedom of speech is one of the most important rights and individual has (like the ATS mods already know). They've also bumped me down from elite member to novice too. Intereting, the power of the pen.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Reply to saint4God

I'd like to make clear that I'm a gamer. Loves them games from tabletop Heroscape to online World of Warcraft.

I am sure Christians aren’t allowed to play games?

A lot of games spread satanic messages especially to the young generation.No wonder the new generation tends to keep away from Christianity because the Satan has played soo much with people’s minds that it feels normal now.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Those that see the devil everywhere are not looking for God.

Are not those that see the devil everywhere looking for the Devil rather then looking for God?

Do they truly believe they've found God and so they have nothing more to do then look for the devil?

Jesus said: If you think you are awake you are not.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Okay, they deleted that thread. Apparently you can't say 'devil' on that tv. I made a topic called "I'm tired of the Devil in MMORPG's" as in the character Devil showing up in games and it seems to have been deleted. It had 300 post and 3,000 views in 3 days. Needless to say, I was very surprised. Careful what you say there, censoring is abound. Maybe mods on mmorpg.com will understand that freedom of speech is one of the most important rights and individual has (like the ATS mods already know). They've also bumped me down from elite member to novice too. Intereting, the power of the pen.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by saint4God]

I actually read that thread before they deleted it ,some nasty's !!

There was a few like MareVVLL and the Chewie that were on a mission. Others were not too bad..actually agreed with you.

Very interesting questions popped up in that thread so i was reading away and never came back to ATS

I got upset with some peoples replies ,how far people would go to laugh something serious off,to mock God..i was that far from registering but would ave been torn into pieces.

I do not play online bit i play XBox quite often..more my son ,but i do go for the more scary games and honestly its getting worse. Got a game last year "The Darkness" ..and there is no good vs evil ..you summon demons to help you kill others. I love my RE and Silent Hill as well and it's all getting riddled with crap as you mentioned.

I can lie to myself and try to ignore these things but no good will come from it. Another game i got rid of was Crackdown..no ghosties just pure violence and as you said symbols..Anarchy symbol was the main one,on every start page. Worse of all my 8yr old son was quite the master in the game.

True what you said there..and you have guts ,i appreciate that!!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm still having a problem understanding how the devil is "hidden" in the games, especially MMORPGs. Demons and occult symbology are both common and obvious.

If I were a game designer I would incorporate whatever monsters or symbols that would elicit a cultural response in the gamer and create a mysterious or sinister environment in which to play. It just so happens the Satan and his minions, for most of the world anyway, ranks at the top of the list of boogymen and therefore makes an excellent target for slaughter in any game. It's why we play.

I find it difficult to believe that someone could become a Satanist simply by playing World of Warcraft. Lose their job, get fat, or get divorced, sure. But find a religion? Any religion? Only a simpleton who was already heading down that path could be influenced by a cartoon pentagram.

It makes for dramatic testimony in the revival tent, though.

Edit to add (level 66 undead warrior) and correct spelling

[edit on 10-1-2008 by befoiled]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
Those that see the devil everywhere are not looking for God.

Are not those that see the devil everywhere looking for the Devil rather then looking for God?

Or is it that knowing God, I recognize the devil when I see him? Before jumping to conclusions, let me make a few points. I did see Satan and knew him before God. I found God as a direct result of running from him. Secondly, I do see God in some games that hint or imply his existence. He's not overt like the Devil and his crew are. I think this is misleading many gamers and that thread was supporting evidence. Finally, I take a break from the daily thinking and worries when I play. God is always with me, even on break, so where is the need to seek Him if He's already here?

Do they truly believe they've found God and so they have nothing more to do then look for the devil?

Not at all and is my point exactly.

Jesus said: If you think you are awake you are not.

Then the person the Bible who wrote "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life" was asleep? Please be serious.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I actually read that thread before they deleted it ,some nasty's !!

Yes, there were some very emotionally negative reactions.

There was a few like MareVVLL and the Chewie that were on a mission. Others were not too bad..actually agreed with you.

Very interesting questions popped up in that thread so i was reading away and never came back to ATS

I got upset with some peoples replies ,how far people would go to laugh something serious off,to mock God..i was that far from registering but would ave been torn into pieces.

I was issued a 3 day ban. Not sure for what, so I asked the moderators since they gave me no communication as to why. The reply was this:

"You were not issued a warning or a ban because you did not deserve one; I apologize that you were not otherwise contacted, but we had a lot of damage control - you did stir up quite a bee's nest!

The thread was deleted because there were just too many inappropriate tangents and insults - I believe you said yourself that you would not complain if the thread disappeared. While we originally attempted to trim it down to appropriate posts, this skewed many ratings including yours, and it was decided to delete the thread entirely and reinstate your ratings.

Laura "Taera" ******* (omitted, it's not nice to use real people's names)
Community Manager, MMORPG.com"

I did say if we were not going to discuss the topic we may as well close the thread. As you'd pointed out, there was some good, on the point replies. I was just shocked to see 300+ posts immediately silenced/disappeared. I think many of us put good time and thought into posting.

I do not play online bit i play XBox quite often..more my son ,but i do go for the more scary games and honestly its getting worse. Got a game last year "The Darkness" ..and there is no good vs evil ..you summon demons to help you kill others. I love my RE and Silent Hill as well and it's all getting riddled with crap as you mentioned.

I can lie to myself and try to ignore these things but no good will come from it. Another game i got rid of was Crackdown..no ghosties just pure violence and as you said symbols..Anarchy symbol was the main one,on every start page. Worse of all my 8yr old son was quite the master in the game.

True what you said there..and you have guts ,i appreciate that!!

Thanks for the props, my intention was not to cause havouc, but I was curious to hear what a community of gamers had to say about their most popular character.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by befoiled
I'm still having a problem understanding how the devil is "hidden" in the games, especially MMORPGs. Demons and occult symbology are both common and obvious.

I believe that to you they are obvious. People on ATS seem a lot more in tune with what's going on than your average Joe/Jane. I am grateful this site exists because people are not afraid to discuss these things and entire threads aren't deleted because of the mention of the devil. There are many who do not know what these symbols mean, represent or even what they are. I've been fooled myself a few times, thinking I was playing a 'clean game' when it began preaching theistic Satanic doctrine...and I've been educated on it by a theistic Satanist. I can only imagine how cursory it must appear to most gamers.

If I were a game designer I would incorporate whatever monsters or symbols that would elicit a cultural response in the gamer and create a mysterious or sinister environment in which to play. It just so happens the Satan and his minions, for most of the world anyway, ranks at the top of the list of boogymen and therefore makes an excellent target for slaughter in any game. It's why we play.

That's a good response and more or less was hoping for something civil like this on mmorpg.com. I'd catagorized it as "it's easy and convenient" to which I replied there: Okay, if that's the case, why are they twisting it to where you have to team up with demons to fight 'evil' (which then becomes a subjective term) or befried the Devil and/or dark magic to defeat some larger cosmic problem? Very strange, no?

I find it difficult to believe that someone could become a Satanist simply by playing World of Warcraft. Lose their job, get fat, or get divorced, sure. But find a religion? Any religion? Only a simpleton who was already heading down that path could be influenced by a cartoon pentagram.

It makes for dramatic testimony in the revival tent, though.

Edit to add (level 66 undead warrior) and correct spelling

I agree with what you're saying for the most part. You're right, gaming addiction can cause so big problems.

Games are getting less cartoon everyday. World of Warcraft had nerfed a lot of the symbols and shroud the actual story behind them. Whether that's good or not, I'm not sure. It's repetative subtlety that I'm getting at instead of immediate consequence.

Regarding the revival tent, I'm sure there's many of us gamers there. The purpose is not to "rally troops to fight" but to enjoy the message of being saved, good music, and hanging out with those who want to be there. Other things may cause it to lose focus and positive atmosphere.

I appreciate your level-headed response, it's refreshing to be with ATS'ers.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I have actually followed your postings for some time, Saint, and I must admit you are one of the most knowledgeable, tolerant, and prolific Christian spokespersons on ATS. That said...

Originally posted by saint4God

I believe that to you they are obvious. People on ATS seem a lot more in tune with what's going on than your average Joe/Jane...There are many who do not know what these symbols mean, represent or even what they are...I can only imagine how cursory it must appear to most gamers.

For those with stronger religious leanings one way or the other it would certainly be more obvious. However, I believe that most simply don't care about evil references in games because they are not truly religious or, even more likely, are religious on a part time basis. I also believe that applies to most people in this nation, despite what polls say.

...Okay, if that's the case, why are they twisting it to where you have to team up with demons to fight 'evil' (which then becomes a subjective term) or befried the Devil and/or dark magic to defeat some larger cosmic problem? Very strange, no?

I would say the designation 'evil' is often subjective in real life, so how much more so in a silly game? I honestly believe GWB is evil and Mother Theresa is good. Some people, because of their beliefs, think just the opposite and would label me as 'evil' for disagreeing. In a game like WoW I don't think of it in terms of good and evil because, 1) It's a game and 2) It's more or less me against everything.

Games are getting less cartoon everyday. World of Warcraft had nerfed a lot of the symbols and shroud the actual story behind them. Whether that's good or not, I'm not sure. It's repetative subtlety that I'm getting at instead of immediate consequence.

It seems that whatever theological influence a game could have over an individual is based solely upon what that person is bringing to the game. A devout Christian would undoubtedly see devils and angels, a wiccan would see the various symbols of her craft, and an atheist wouldn't probably notice or care (but I bet most of them play Horde).

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
All I can add is that I am glad someone out there has taken the time to see just how evil Narotu is... I've been telling my kid that for a couple years, but he doesn't listen.

Yu Gi Oh? Demonic? Well... I am a fan of the cartoon (the original, not this GX stuff they have now), and there were some possessions and such, not to mention the three Egyptian God cards.

Heck, I'm just happy that people have finally left D&D and Magic: the Gathering alone for a while!

*Sorry, posted before I was finished*

They are just games, that's all. Make of them as you will, but it all boils down to is entertainment and gaming.

[edit on 2008/1/11 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I agree with you there, there are deffinately games that kids shouldn't be playing. I'm 15 and i think that some of the games out there are pretty greusome but i wouldn't go as far as to say that all violent or demonic video games are evil ( i'm not saying that you are saying that). But keep in mind they are just video games, they are made for entertainment.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I have actually followed your postings for some time, Saint, and I must admit you are one of the most knowledgeable, tolerant, and prolific Christian spokespersons on ATS. That said...

Wow, that's quite a compliment. Thank you. My hope ultimately is that I'm not seen a leader, but will be a helpful roadsign pointing to the One who is. There are many days when I wonder if I'm doing any good so these kind words are a nice push.

For those with stronger religious leanings one way or the other it would certainly be more obvious. However, I believe that most simply don't care about evil references in games because they are not truly religious or, even more likely, are religious on a part time basis. I also believe that applies to most people in this nation, despite what polls say.

I agree most don't care. I would like to say though, that is exactly the problem. Just because we don't care does not mean what it been fed to us doesn't have influence. (Why did fast food suddenly come to mind?). Ever sing the song from an annoying commercial? Why is that? That jingle is rattling around inside your head even though you have 'mute' on. Overt evil is often met with immediate rejection due to fear, but subtle evil is welcomed because it works our way into our lives really friendly-like until it becomes a part of who we are. When it does, it's nearly inseparable.

I would say the designation 'evil' is often subjective in real life,

I think this is a bigger problem than any I've brought up here.

In a game like WoW I don't think of it in terms of good and evil because, 1) It's a game and 2) It's more or less me against everything.

True for most people, myself for the most part as well. Yet, I think it's important to read the ingredients on the cereal box.

It seems that whatever theological influence a game could have over an individual is based solely upon what that person is bringing to the game. A devout Christian would undoubtedly see devils and angels, a wiccan would see the various symbols of her craft, and an atheist wouldn't probably notice or care (but I bet most of them play Horde).

This is a good point and one of the reason why I like MMORPG's rather than offline games. Offline games you just have to kind of 'take it'. Online, you do have the right to make decisions that seem best. Also, game designers are less likely (in my view) to create a game that's going to piss everybody off...or even a large group of people. World of Warcraft makers was VERY conscious when they made the game. For those in disbelief of that, look at Warcraft III and all the funky occult-like things going on there(warcraft3.judgehype.com...) that got nerfed by the time WoW came out. It paid off for them literally and figuratively. The makers of World of Warcraft also tried to make an inclusive environment. As you've pointed out atheists may favor horde (though I have a few horde myself), I would say Wiccans would favor night elves (I can compare with Wiccan friends who confirm), and Christians would play humans due to their Light-based church influence. Some heavy roleplayers will challenge themselves to play any of the above and then some.

The Devil has been in games for a very long time. It'd be interesting to see which game he appeared in first. Was it Dungeons and Dragons? Satan (named such in the game) makes an abrupt appearance at the end here in the 1980's Nintendo game Ghosts N Goblins: www.pressplaythenanykey.com...

"Frustrated, Arthur dons his armor and prepares for an arduous struggle against the vicious forces of Satan, King of Demon World"

How do you propose doing that Arthur?

"The fifth weapon is the Holy Cross or the Holy Shield depending on which version of the game you are playing and what part of the world you are in. Either way, it is the only weapon capable of harming Satan, the final enemy."

At least they were right back then...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join