It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and Atlantis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
So we all know the story of Atlantis.Big Civillazation,conquers,and being sunk in the atlantic.So now we look for it and cant find it.It is suppose to stand close to the Pillars of Hercules now called sumting else
.They say in history that the gods destroyed it becuase of there greed.But who were these gods.They say gods blew up and sunk it.But was it gods.Or was it aliens
thats why we cant find reamins everything was blasted by the better tehnology.that what i think.but i got no links
Sorry

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I never really followed the story of Atlantis. Find it odd that it can't be found in the ocean, and there are people out their in boats searching like others did for ancient ships. If it is found one day then I will be ultimately surprised....
Aliens? Well, my mind is sick so I will say maybe it is possible. Maybe they helped out the Egyptians with the pyramids? Ha, that's crazy, but I just wonder stuff like this myself.

Atlantis is also brought up by psychics quite often; they will say it will be found in 2030 or whatever, but I think it just crap brought up by them. One lady predicted that we would find Atlantis by 2000 back in the late 1980s...lol.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Our only source for Atlantis are the Plato's dialogues in the Timaeus and the Critias. Greek philosophers often used dialogues and made-up stories to illustrate their point. I think Atlantis is something made-up or some ancient legend transformed by Plato. If there really was a great civilization like Atlantis, which were by the way defeated by Athens according to Plato, then we would have found some traces by now.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cwzilly
Atlantis is also brought up by psychics quite often; they will say it will be found in 2030 or whatever, but I think it just crap brought up by them. One lady predicted that we would find Atlantis by 2000 back in the late 1980s...lol.

Thats the problem with psychics people only go on about what they have got right there are a lot of things that they have got wrong nobody mentions them.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Just finished a book called Atlantis Found by Clive Cussler, sorta gave me that renewed interest in the topic.

What was the information and pictures(?) that were going around of a sunked city off the coast of Cuba. Wasn't that supposed to be the lost city?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oswald
Just finished a book called Atlantis Found by Clive Cussler, sorta gave me that renewed interest in the topic.

What was the information and pictures(?) that were going around of a sunked city off the coast of Cuba. Wasn't that supposed to be the lost city?

Are you referring to the so-called Bimini Road?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ah, no I don't think so. I know of Bimini Road, but I recall seeing a few small articles on it a few years ago, thought it was a new discovery. I could be mistaken...here is a small article on it. Scroll about 3/4 of the way down the page titled, LOST CITY OFF WESTERN CUBA?

new topics

top topics

join