It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60 second elevator pitch for ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I hear a lot of businesses talk about the 60 second elevator pitch. I keeping thinking of the pitch I might use when talking about ATS to friends and colleagues.

And have considered this:

ATS is the internet's leading conspiracy and political discussion board, offering its members the opportunity to discuss and debate major issues impacting all our lives, in an intelligence, curtsey and professional manner. We have forums dedicated to the major conspiracy and political issues of the day, and enable our members to use a range of media tools to present ideas and concepts on key conspiracy and political issues.

What do other members think?

[edit on 11-10-2007 by Freedom ERP]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Good pitch. I haven't been here that long, so please take what I say with a grain of salt.

I would try to work in "unbiased, alternative news" and cut back on "conspiracy," as that may turn off a lot of people. I come here mainly for the news/science stuff myself, but do like reading about the different conspiracy theories to get alternative views of events.

Just my thoughts.

-Warlo

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Not a pitch without some merit... I'm normally trapped in elevators (I blame Thyssen) mostly with folks I don't know. Two things come to mind... the noxious personal-fumes of chemically adorned folk and the cycle/foot couriers (without whom many businesses would flounder).

"Pitch" by a stranger in our workplace while trapped? You might consider the possible negative reactions. Look out for my EA! She marries people-off whether they want to or not, you'll never get a word in... Me? I'd just call Patience, Gerd and Atilla in security.

Put an ATS decal or the URL on a T-Shirt, bike, tat' or backpack of a courier and one might have a better chance of spreading the word to those who would choose to have an interest.

T-Shirt teaser 1:

ATS - It's not a secret anymore.
www.abovetopsecret.com

T-Shirt teaser 2:

ATS
I have the power!
Want some?
www.abovetopsecret.com
Participate!

T-Shirt teaser 3:

Remember, Remember the 5th of November.
ATS
www.abovetopsecret.com
Imagine...

Acknowledgement of the Yoshimura R&D slogan from the early 1980's in the second teaser.

Some folks will see and appreciate the difference in approach. The elevator pitch-direct is a "forced" thing - no choice but to endure and possibly revile. The passive approach piques curiousity and offers a choice - some folks prefer choice.

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 11-10-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
no no no, what you should say is

"Oi AboveTopSecret.com it's wicked, but you ain't smart enough ya daft pikey!"

Then run like a bat outta hell screaming and waving ya arms..

That'll spike their interest!

MonKey

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
In these more enlightened days, not sure if you can still use the term "pikey" but your post made me smile

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I simply tell people that their government has killed and will kill again and if they have any love for future generations they will hold me in their arms while I tell them about a website that can save us all.

Then I sing "China Grove" really loud until they comply.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Strangely I have never had the opportunity to use any elevator pitch in an elevator. I have been thinking about this as I have been discussing importants with friends.

I have revised the pitch in ligh of some of the interesting comments posted.

ATS is the internet's leading conspiracy, political and unbiased alternative news discussion board, offering its members the opportunity to discuss and debate major issues impacting all our lives, in an intelligence, curtsey and professional manner. We have forums dedicated to the major conspiracy, political and alternative news issues of the day, and enable our members to use a range of media tools to present ideas and concepts on key conspiracy and political issues.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Freedom ERP]

new topics

top topics

join