It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man-eating Trees and Mongolian Death Worms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by G_man
Hi all,

Interesting topic.

I just found this story concerning man/cow eating trees in India.

Link

Hmmmm, day of the triffids anyone?

Anyone know if that's a respectable source?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Very cool topic
I recently wrote a Short Story that was based from these man eating tree idea.
I belive anything is possible outside our galaxy, and all life that is upon earth has the chance to become sentient beings.
There are many different types of these beings. They are much along the line of mythical based creatures. The Ents from Lord of the Rings are also based on this topic. If you look back on some older books like Dragonlance, Greyhawk, Lands of Krynn you will find many Tree races that live in worlds mixed with humanoids

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
maybe it only looks like a tree but it really is some sort of crazy animal that camoflages itself like a tree?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
You people think it is fake ?
check this youtube video of the local newsbroadcast following the incident!

youtube.com...

[edit on 28-12-2007 by kamathln]

[edit on 28-12-2007 by kamathln]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kamathln

that video is hilarious, i was expecting them to of at least picked a large tree with a huge diameter instead we get the cow eating branch its a battle i'd pay big money to watch

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
i never heard of the man eating tree before but i have heard of the death worm, and the tatzeal (sp) worm, personaly its one of my fave cryptids.

[edit on 12/12/2005 by krill]

[edit on 12/12/2005 by krill]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kamathln
You people think it is fake ?
check this youtube video of the local newsbroadcast following the incident!

absolutley no evidence is given - bar testimony that i cannot understand as i do not speak urdu

but the stump remaining looks very small to tackle a cow - did it pick it up ? all hooves off the ground ?????????

because frankly a bowl of that size would not IMHO support a cow at any radius

and if a panicking cow put up a struggle on the ground where are the impressions its hooves made ???

second - look at the axe marks - they look very old

not impressed - sorry

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
A man-eating tree. Hmmmmmm. There is a disease out there that causes a person to begin to resemble a tree. The Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) can cause a person to begin having wood-like growths on the body. Here's a link to an article about it.

www.healthbolt.net...

Now back a hundred years ago this man would have been ostracized from his village. This could cause him to become a myth or legend. We've all heard of the spooky old house where the witch lives that eats children. I think this may be a possibility.

I loved the youtube video. Especially the soundtrack! That was wicked awesome. I just hope I never run into a tree like that.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
ALL BAKWAS SUCH THINGS DO NOT EXIST ON THIS PLANET.

sO CHANGE YOUR WAY OF THINKING WHEREAS YOU NEED A PHYCATRIST.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
man-eating tree= its a brown Hydra that was trying to eat leaves and got stuck in some mud so its feet are not seen. As far as throwing the women to it and it eating her... Just wants to be left alone.

on the other end

devilworm= Its really cow intestine that is being thrown by some angry old man in the bushes... oh and the electric shock? Another angry old man is nailing the "Victim" with a stun gun while he isnt looking.

seriouslly though, I dont know about either of these. I agree with the tree not being able to "find" prey.. The worm? That is just to nasty to even start to think about.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Arawn

During the time of horse and buggy, humans thought that going 45 miles an hour would kill you, then speed of sound was next stated impossiblitity, now its speed of light, ...

See the only constant is humans are not very good at thinking or knowing what is or is not possible with their little awareness's

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
So that's why Hitler wanted Madagascar to be the new home for the Jews.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
ofcourse there are man eating trees fact
if u cut of a piece of your finger and put it into the beek of a flesh eating plant ur finger will dissapear,fact
are there trees that are capeble odf devouring a man whole is another story,but there could be one no doubt,but sacrificing woman to that tree,well thats taking it a or two steps further
and mongolian death worms that alone is s and f material 4 me rofl

top topics

<< 1   >>

join