It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy Israeli Goods??? What Happened to Buying American?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

I think maybe you are ignorant as to the meaning of the word ignorant.
No, I know exactly what I mean. People dont sit on the fence with Israel, their minds are already made up.

Also, what is wrong with a group taking care of its own?

A lot, I take it youd be ok with a "buy white peoples goods" sigs?

No one who hates Israel is going to see the sig. and change their minds. The "buy Israeli" sigs are preaching to the choir.

Precisely my point, so why have them then?

That doesn’t give you a blank check to attack any one religion. That’s like a person telling black jokes defending himself by saying "hey, it isn’t just blacks, I think all non-whites are lame."

So you are an equal-opportunity elitist hater. That makes you any better than anyone you complain about? Think not.

I hate all elitists, whether its blacks, whites, jews, catholics, men, women or whoever think they are better than anyone else because of their race, religion or sex. Theres nothing wrong with that. I believe all people are equal.

Left that in there to reinforce my last statement. You hate them all; how nice.
All religion yes as it just re-enforces elistism, all people no but then you cannot seem to understand that.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
You definitely have to watch what you say about "jews" because not only do they garner a religious respect, they're also their own race. That's why I believe there is so much controversy because you're kind of killing two birds with one stone and it's easy for people to call you a racist or a religious intolerant. Best marketing scheme in history if you ask me.

grain of salt, please*

Which is exactly whats going on here, Im being attacked for not liking elitists.

I wonder if the same thing would happen if the subject was the KKK or nazis?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
No, I know exactly what I mean. People dont sit on the fence with Israel, their minds are already made up.

You are right, and that goes for both sides.

HOWEVER, my comment was your improper use of the word ignorance. Ignorance is the lack of knowledge about a certain subject. Your statement displayed a lack of knowledge as to the meaning of the word ignorance, and that is the core of ignorance, for how can you "deny ignorance" if you have no understanding of what it means to be ignorant? Do you understand or are you still ignorant?

A lot, I take it youd be ok with a "buy white peoples goods" sigs?

Ouch, turning the race card around on me. Good one.

Yes, you are partially right. I think groups should watch out for their own because history has proven that we wont watch out for other groups. Now does that mean that we have to hate the other group in order to watch out for ours?

Is saying "buy Israeli goods" the same thing as saying "don’t buy Arab goods"? No, not the same thing at all.

Precisely my point, so why have them then?

Why not have them?

Better yet, why do you care if they have them?

I hate all elitists, whether its blacks, whites, jews, catholics, men, women or whoever think they are better than anyone else because of their race, religion or sex.

No, no. You misunderstood what I was saying. My fault, sorry.

I was calling you an elitist AND a hater, not someone who hates elitists.

You think you are better than those who subscribe to religious beliefs. You are an elitist.

All religion yes as it just re-enforces elistism, all people no but then you cannot seem to understand that.

No, sorry but you are wrong.

Religion, like EVERYTHING else to include atheism, has been used to control the masses for the gain of an elite upper class.

Any "ism" can be used in that manner, and most have.

However the true practice of most religions relies on principles of peace and love, just like most political systems.

However, like political systems (see: capitalism, communism) the true version or most religions has never been practiced on a large scale.

You cannot fault the words of the Christ as they were words of love, peace, and humbleness.

You can only fault greedy and hateful men who have twisted the doctrine of a religion to suit their goals.

But your way is better, and the only correct way; isn’t that right, elitist?

[edit on 11-10-2007 by cavscout]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You are right, and that goes for both sides.

HOWEVER, my comment was your improper use of the word ignorance. Ignorance is the lack of knowledge about a certain subject. Your statement displayed a lack of knowledge as to the meaning of the word ignorance, and that is the core of ignorance, for how can you "deny ignorance" if you have no understanding of what it means to be ignorant? Do you understand or are you still ignorant?

No, its you who seems ignorant, youve just agreed with me saying its not going to change anyones mind and its ignorant to think they are so its ignorant to have them thinking they will change peoples minds.

Ouch, turning the race card around on me. Good one.

Yes, you are partially right. I think groups should watch out for their own because history has proven that we wont watch out for other groups. Now does that mean that we have to hate the other group in order to watch out for ours?
No, history has shown its these splits that have caused all the problems, not solved any.

All you have to do is look at the US and how everyone is pidgeonholed into certain groups, all this does is re-enforce the divides.

Why not have them?

Better yet, why do you care if they have them?

Because they are stupid on both sides and weve already agreed they dont work.

No, no. You misunderstood what I was saying. My fault, sorry.

I was calling you an elitist AND a hater, not someone who hates elitists.

You think you are better than those who subscribe to religious beliefs. You are an elitist.

No, the religions are the elitists. They all believe theirs is the only religion and they are the only ones going to heaven.

No, sorry but you are wrong.

Religion, like EVERYTHING else to include atheism, has been used to control the masses for the gain of an elite upper class.

Any "ism" can be used in that manner, and most have.

However the true practice of most religions relies on principles of peace and love, just like most political systems.

However, like political systems (see: capitalism, communism) the true version or most religions has never been practiced on a large scale.

You cannot fault the words of the Christ as they were words of love, peace, and humbleness.

You can only fault greedy and hateful men who have twisted the doctrine of a religion to suit their goals.

But your way is better, and the only correct way; isn’t that right, elitist?

[edit on 11-10-2007 by cavscout]

You still misunderstand. Im not the elitist, Ive said all people are equal, its the religions that say they are not. That is something you cannot deny.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well going back to the thread tittle I will say that it brings a great point, I careless on Israeli goods that happen to be linked to the defense and technology, I also careless of china or India and yes any other foreign nation involved in the sell out of our nation.

But when it comes to purchasing items I do read labels and I made sure that they are as US made as possible.
that even include the car I drive.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

Oh man - excellent post. *applauds*

FINALLY some LOGIC on this website

It shouldn't be a question of what goods you buy. If you're from Israel - buy Israeli goods. If you're from China - buy Chinese goods. But if you're from the United States - class, what should we buy?

I knew it would be said. elevatedone said it.

The first urge is to buy the cheapest product that you need. The cheaper products are usually foreign made products. You think, 'ah what the hell?' right?

Well that's quite dangerous.

You may think that pad of paper made in Thailand that costs 50 cents, or that box of pencils made in China that costs a dollar, isn't really going to make a big difference.

But think about it. Think about how many people buy note pads, or pencils.

We have 300 million people in this country. Just using plain estimated averages, let's say 100 million people each have a box of pencils, or have bought at least one box of pencils in their life. At just an estimated dollar per box, that's 100 million dollars that you, and everyone else going cheap, has just given to the Chinese economy, rather than the American economy.

But you got your product cheaper, so what's the problem?

The problem is, think of those Americans that lost their job making or boxing those pencils, or something having to do with those pencils, when their job was shipped to China. Now, they're out of the job, and on unemployment.

Who's paying for their unemployment/welfare? The federal and/or state governments. Where do they get that money from? YOU.

When you buy foreign, jobs are sent foreign. When jobs are sent foreign, Americans are laid off. When Americans are laid off, they collect unemployment and welfare. When the governments dish out unemployment and welfare to those that lost their jobs because you were being cheap and saving twenty cents on that box of pencils, look who is now footing the bill.

That process continues. In other industries, when jobs get sent overseas, more and more Americans get laid off. That means less Americans spending money. Little amounts of money to spend mean less money going to American corporations.

So what do they do to show profit?

They ship MORE jobs overseas for cheaper labor.

Look what we have here - an endless repeating cycle.

The pencils probably wasn't the greatest example, but you can plug that concept into any industry going foreign.

So when you don't buy domestic, you cause job loss, which causes less money to circulate, which increases lay offs. It's an endless cycle.

Then what happens when your job is sent overseas because you bought cheap, got everyone else laid off, caused the economy to collapse, and caused the company you work for to take your job and give it to Sing Ching Wan over there working for 75 cents an hour?

You have to realize that yes, you are just one person. But just one person, with another person, is two. If you keep multiplying that, eventually you're going to reach a number that DOES make a difference. So when you realize that, maybe then you'll be a little more motivated to dig in the couch and find that quarter to start the change that could prevent your country and your life from crumbling right under you.

[edit on 10/11/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Why buy Israeli goods? the only good thing is kosher. Other than that, i like some American goods, French good, i like Italian goods, and English goods.

It only goes back to, Israeli's think they are the best, and they know money, they know business, they know, Technology, they know it all ( the media thinks so ) and we are just Americans who eat Mc Donald's all day.

Go ask an Israeli goods dealer, Who gave you Dead Sea Products? they will tell you, it was our idea becouse we are middle eastern? lol!!!! what a laugh..they aren't middle eastern for 1.
Also Most Israeli stuff is just, soap and candles, Hanukkah materials, torah's.
So basically why would u buy Israeli goods if you are not Hebrew? and don't read the torah?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

Trust me. i think you are making a good point, and this is something people need to KNOW , and understand.

I wish our US gov, would take care of us, but it seams that they only want to take care of israel, and yes im not sure where our money goes when it hits israel, becouse i have been to israel. and the Israeli dollar ( shakelem)....? ( i dont know how to spell dollar in Hebrew...) dose not go far at all, our dollar goes further, than there dollar, so that makes no sense because we support them yet our dollar goes further than there dollar??? so basically everyone who lives there is poor too, If someone came to the US from israel with 100 dollars -in there currency, that is just like 40 bucks in American dollars? 40??? i can wipe ---with $40!!! that is horrible.....BUT if i took $100 in our currency to israel, in there currency its about $300-400?? in there currency.

So what is the deals is America trying to make israel a rich country?? are they trying to merge together? becouse they are poor..............? OK but why so much attention.....I'm not sure... what about Palestine, or Africa? This must be why our currency is lower than England and Canada now.. ( they are higher) why doesn't cananda give them support? or England? becouse they dont support them as much as the US dose.

what do they want with America? Long story...

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1111111111111
Also Most Israeli stuff is just, soap and candles, Hanukkah materials, torah's.
So basically why would u buy Israeli goods if you are not Hebrew? and don't read the torah?

I thought they also made those cakes (forgot what they're called) and produce bananas. Both surprisingly tasty. Too bad they stopped smuggling those things into me country. No matter. We got bananas, cheaper too.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Very outstanding post and one that will make a great topic for a thread alll on its own.

You have hit a very sore spot on the so call free trade that the only benefit it has is on the corporate profits while killing our home base jobs.

Thanks for spelling out what buying foreign goods that seems cheap at the moment does to all of us hard working tax payers.

Not to forget the repercussions of outsourcing is doing to what use to be the best manufacturing country in the world.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thanks

I think we all need to start buying US made goods. Yeah, it's more expensive. But we have to think long term.

Long term, if we start the change now, more jobs will come back here. More jobs means less unemployment, which means competition will increase.

Competition is GOOD for the economy, and especially good for us consumers.

Maybe it means a million or two less for those corporate CEO's that make too much as it is - but who cares? They don't care about us - so why should we care about them?

Buying domestic will bring the jobs and competition back home, and competing companies means LOWERING of prices. Corporations don't compete to have the highest prices, they compete for the biggest profit. If you have lower prices, more people will buy your products. Maybe you're not making as much per product as that other company because your prices are cheaper, but more people buying your stuff means a bigger profit in the long run.

I buy American and I'll always buy American. For those of you who also buy American, I applaud you for realizing how spending that extra dollar can make a huge difference. For those that don't - and you live in this country - it's time to start the change.

It's not some arrogant patriotic American thing buying American products.

If you buy foreign because you disagree with the US government on issues, that's reckless and quite dumb.

Buying domestic products is about keeping our way of life and our economy sustained, and keeping our jobs secure.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join