It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Projected Light Outside My House (Dark Knight Gov't Project?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I once read a similar account where a British guy's college roommate thought a death ray was being projected at him from a window in a building across the courtyard from him. Turns out that guy had paranoid schizophrenia.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The next time I see something flashing outside, I'm totally not going to investigate it's origin and just come here to ATS and begin a thread. I'm sorry, but, this was kinda' too funny not to pounce at.

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
You all are being just a tad bit harsh

Think about it ... a suspicious looking guy has his hand in his pocket and something looks like a gun ... do you A) go up and investigate, asking or touching his pocket, or B) get out of there or C) tell someone else to get their opinion or of course D) b&c ...

I choose D ... even though he could have a wallet and a roll of lifesavers ... I would rather not go up and touch it just because it looks odd.

Sometimes in life, being intelligent and living longer means playing it safe.

Now that is said ... hehe, funny stuff. I don't blame you, but, a voting sign is humorous
I would have froze, then acted all stealth in my house observing it while trying not to be observed
I have done so before with suspicious noises (or unwanted visitors approaching my house
) ... I actually find it a bit fun and guess keeps the kid in me alive and well

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist
Think about it ... a suspicious looking guy has his hand in his pocket and something looks like a gun ... do you A) go up and investigate, asking or touching his pocket, or B) get out of there or C) tell someone else to get their opinion or of course D) b&c ...

E) Grab a gun and tell him he has back up

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by random hero
thank god you've uncovered this nefarious plot to project Television onto sidewalks. This is truly an urgent threat that concerns us all. What's next? Will my chemistry professor start projecting overhead stoichiometry equations on my patio.

Don't be cute, if you had the sense of a dog you'd figure out that any good system needs to be tested before being deployed.

Sheesh.. so quick to try to debunk. Chill yoself!

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Funny you mention, this is how lots of black youth die on the streets, from racist cops assuming the object in their pants is a gun.

I guess black men are so well hung it appears that theres a gun in their trowsers. I must be part-black!

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
funny, I was thinking suspicious white guy near a subway, actually
you know, like that guy from ghost swayze learns to interact with metal from, a little rougher than that was the image in my head

it isn't just black people cops are jumpy with, i had an fhp pull me over, we were talking casually (though he had me out of the car) ... asks me to pull out my wallet and when I reach for it he pulls out his gun ... that was a wtf moment. Edgy cops. I am glad he didn't have a taser, he may have not hesitated ...

I do want to make it clear, I didn't mean any stereotype sort of meaning ... I just meant if you feel you may be in a dangerous situation then I would rather err on the side of caution.

A little anecdote ... one of the scariest moments I had walking around NYC at night was when I went to go down the step to the subway ... there was this big, brown ... pile of human feces ... I am glad I look at the steps ... stepping in it, or worse, slipping and falling on it ... now that is SCARY!

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
How could this be on ATS cover page>? A couple of posts later, he realizes he was mistaken from what he thought it originally was..... just because it get a lot of replies? The site should not work that way, it should only "feature" stories that are legit or of interest.

A lightpole's reflection? Not really that interesting.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CPYKOmega

I have only one question for you sir. Who is the person on the sign? Who's ad is out there.

Just a thought that crossed my mind after i choked on doritoes from your discovery.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I think it makes a great example of the sorts of conclusions people jump to.

Obviously subby is smart enough to try to capture it, finally goes outside and looks, and sees what it really is.

But his first reaction was to jump to a complex and unsupportable conclusion with no logical merit -

1) I see something outside
2) it's flickering and sort of bluish (stop here, for the love of Cthulu!)
3) THEREFORE it is a TV image
4) there being no TV there, THEREFORE it is being projected
5) THEREFORE the gubmint has some sort of projection thingy
6) THEREFORE it's a test of a new weapon/psyops operation - on me

That's a big complicated conclusion. "Chain thinking" is dangerous when evaluating any surprising new phenomenon, because while it usually tells you something about the state of mind of the person doing it, it's rarely accurate. If you've got more than one "then" "because" or "therefore" in your speculation, be afraid, be very afraid.

There should probably a "why here/why me" test in there too - such things would be tested in the lab at first, then on the manufacturer's facilities/test grounds, then on military facilities. They don't generally decide to go to a neighborhood and test the new pre-alpha prototype on people's sidewalks.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Turns out that guy had paranoid schizophrenia.

You've just described good number of ATS posters.

Seriously. What is a voting sing? I've never heard of those before. This is really strange. The fact that it reflects light is baffling. Furthermore, it made the OP change his mind quite rapidly. How is this possible? This makes no sense. No way. This is obviously a cover-up.

If you look carefully at the video, at 0:34, you see odd pixellation like I have never seen before. This is definitely CGI. The light reflections do not match any possible reflection from this angle.

Also, if you look carefully, the driver of one of the cars shapeshifts while turning left.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by Netstriker]

[edit on 12-10-2007 by Netstriker]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I choose E) : run to ATS to begin a new thread.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga

How could this be on ATS cover page>? A couple of posts later, he realizes he was mistaken from what he thought it originally was..... just because it get a lot of replies? The site should not work that way, it should only "feature" stories that are legit or of interest.

For one ATS doesn't feature stories, members make the thread and other members reply or not.

Apparantly it was interesting to some people enough to post and read it.

The guy acted before he investigated and admited his mistake.

No big deal.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
Funny you mention, this is how lots of black youth die on the streets, from racist cops assuming the object in their pants is a gun.

I guess black men are so well hung it appears that theres a gun in their trowsers. I must be part-black!

How did you get to that? What does this topic have to do with racist cops? Why are you telling us that you might be part black?

[edit on 10/12/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Why didnt you just go outside and look at it? Surely the cars that were driving by wouldve noticed something like that as one or two cars drove right towards it.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang

Originally posted by random hero
thank god you've uncovered this nefarious plot to project Television onto sidewalks. This is truly an urgent threat that concerns us all. What's next? Will my chemistry professor start projecting overhead stoichiometry equations on my patio.

Don't be cute, if you had the sense of a dog you'd figure out that any good system needs to be tested before being deployed.

Sheesh.. so quick to try to debunk. Chill yoself!

well, apparently my system has now been tested and it turns out I was right. Let me go ask my dog what he thinks about it and I'll get back to you.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Nothing in the video resembles anything DK talked about man. This is flotsam.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
And for the record, I wasn't really trying to poop on the OP.

He checked it out, discovered what it really was, and posted it. That's great procedure.

I was commenting more on the conclusion leap as a bad step in general for investigating odd phenomena, and not in as personal a way as it might have come out.

Once you decide what something IS, then you quit looking at it and put it in a mental box. That tends to color your perceptions.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
All I saw was a light on the base of what looks like a tree that seems to be nothing more than other car headlights from down the road. I can't see much of anything else there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join