It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to Sieze Arab Land Near Jerusalem

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Israel to Sieze Arab Land Near Jerusalem

www.dailytimes.com.pk

JERUSALEM: Israel has ordered the confiscation of Arab land outside east Jerusalem, a newspaper and Palestinian officials said on Tuesday, reviving fears that the occupied West Bank could be split in two.

Issued late September, the order covers 110 hectares (272 acres) in four Palestinian villages between east Jerusalem and the Jewish settlement of Maale Adumim, said Hassan Abed Rabbo, a senior official at the Palestinian local government ministry.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 10-10-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This is the expected counter-story to the news of Olmert suggesting that he might consider a divided Jerusalem. While this has been picked up in the Asian press and the Israeli media, I`ve yet to see it in the Western press.

I say "expected" because.. in my experience, Israeli peace negotiations are rarely without an attached provocation. In doing so, they ensure that the Palestinians will commit an act of resistance, which will allow the Israelis to retract their offer. Because this side of the story rarely makes headlines in the West, casual viewers tend to be left with the opinion that the Palestinians are simply being irrational, and don`t want to live in peace. So it goes.

www.dailytimes.com.pk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I read this story this morning in Aljazeera, thought it was propaganda, since they neither publicized the story about the Israel plan to divide Jerusalem, I guess both sides choose to show whatever their audience are used or want to hear.

Is this turns out to be truth, then I guess Israel was just blowing smoke in order to gain public opinion favor specially here in the west. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm old enough to know that the Israeli government has used this tactic in the past.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
my favorite part

The army orders given to landowners, a copy of which was seen by AFP, justified the expropriation on “military grounds” and for “measures designed to stop terrorist acts”.

on fox you have stories saying israel is willing to divide jerusalem in a peace deal, and in foreign media it has stories of israel siezing more land... yet more proof of american media bias

anybody else find it odd that the worlds biggest lobby group is an Israeli first group ?
or that the people in charge of giving intel and making decisions on foreign policy are Israel first neo-cons? no wonder people are flying planes into our buildings...

Thank you for posting this article. stars for you

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
okay, so let me get this straight...

palestine is not even an official country and it is mad that jerusalem is about to take more land from it

i must admit, though, it is a weird situation (as someone from jerusalem considered a divided jerusalem for peace, right???)...

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

While this has been picked up in the Asian press and the Israeli media, I`ve yet to see it in the Western press.

It was picked up by AFP.

Israel seizes Arab land near Jerusalem

I can't find it anywhere else though.

So, free bump, since it's dropped out of the first page of the recent posts, while the companion story has gone up again with the expected rhetoric.

Two sides, every story.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
An update to this one:

USA Silent on Israel Grab of Arab Land

ATS seems to be pretty silent on it as well. What`s up with that?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
ATS seems to be pretty silent on it as well. What`s up with that?

My guess would be because 74% of ATS is comprised of US users + people don't care + people are afraid they'll be labelled "anti-Semite" for criticizing Israel. Maybe.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Sounds like a great idea since they can actually put that land to good use unlike the terrorist inhabitants.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Sounds like a great idea since they can actually put that land to good use unlike the terrorist inhabitants.

since all arabs are terrorists...

BTW arabs dont have a problem puting their land to good use in saudi arabia, egypt, jordan, UAE, Bahrain,Kuwait... etc
wanna know what the difference is? they dont have people swiping their land and keeping them down.

Israel's high court caused jubilation among Palestinian human rights campaigners when it ordered yesterday that a section of the West Bank security barrier should be moved so that Arab farmers could reach their land.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2007/09/05/wisrael105.xml

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Another mission accomplished by AIPAC.

Israel's land right philosophy.

Regardless if they're a "nation" or not, they're a group of settled people which should be given the common decency to live with normal freedoms on their own land. It is a crime against man if anymore Palestinians are pushed aside like trash.

They wonder why there's so much resentment towards Israel in the region and it's because they've been doing massive "clearing" campaigns for the past 50 years that leave hundreds, sometimes thousands homeless, and kill or imprison those who don't comply.

I'm a tough guy and it shakes something loose in my chest when see these videos of Israel bulldozing innocent people' homes and land. As much as Israel may have a so called "right to exist," it in turn needs to uphold the right of those there BEFORE it to also exist. Whatever the means, this should not be reality for these everyday people.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
oh good! thats all we need! up next, the liberal media attacks anti-Semites! live at 11!

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Way to be an understanding person. You know these people are just as capable of growth as any of us, right? You have NO idea the kind of pressures these men and women face every single day at the hands of heartless people literally removing everything they've ever built or inherited. They're entire family history is thoughtlessly bulldozed away and given NOTHING in return.

I can tell by your signature that you think you need to be "against" a person or country but you really just need to be a human being. It's a dangerous thing to take sides on something like this because there is an entire grey area that none of us can experience if we aren't there.

We have rural farmers just making their way as these fig farmers are. Suggesting that we just clear them of their land and build something we deem "up to date" is completely asinine. And uneducated thoughts like these tend to perpetuate this kind of "LETS TAKE SIDES, MAAAAN!" attitude. Israel and Palestine is far from a high school football game so let's treat it with a little more tact and sensitivity.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Just unbelievable that some here think its absolutely fine to steal land from your neighbors...

How would those very same people feel if say,the Mexicans decided to invade and occupy Texas?

You must think that would be legitimate too,if you think stealing land is OK.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

So by your philosophy I have every right as a British citizen to come and bulldoze your home and take your land, as the US independance movement in a former colony were just as much terrorists to British colonial interests as you cite the Palestinian nationas to be.

I'll be out front of your house tomorrow at 9am sharp with a JCB, and I'll be expecting you to have vacated the property to make way for my planned farm which will put your land to better use...

...ok with you?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
No one's bulldozing houses in this story. This is just sensationalism. The issue is over a road being built near Jeruslaem.

Israel's Palestinian Road Hit by Critics
Israel confirmed Tuesday it is building a new road for Palestinians in the West Bank.

The Jordan River....the only river in the world with one bank. Funny how most media sources never mention the "East Bank". That's where most of Palestine is, but let's only focus on the scrap that Israel controls. That way we can keep on talking about how evil Israel is by not making any room for the Arabs.

We could make a children's song about this issue:

...7 Jews in the bed and the Arab said "Roll over, roll over". So they all rolled over and a Jew fell out, 6 Jews in the Bed and the Arab said "Roll over, roll over."....

Return to Pre-1967 borders you say? Which borders are they referring to? Observe the incredible shrinking state of Israel.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Your linked article clearly states that Israel has expropriated the land - and goes further to illustrate the increasing apartheid conditions in Israel: Separate roads for Jews and Arabs? I fail to see your point.

Your maps also clearly show how Palestine has shrunk at the hands of people who had no right to it, to make way for the creation of a homeland for people who left over a thousand years ago.

Again, what is your point?

[edit on 12-10-2007 by vox2442]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Trans-Jordan, or just Jordan, makes up the majority of Palestine. The point is that the Arabs, and most media sources ignore this fact and focus solely on the West Bank. Omitted from the conversation is the fact that the West Bank is the West bank of the Jordan. The word Jordan is usually omitted because that implies that there is another side with more room. The people in Jordan are Palestinian too, but "they" would have you believe that they Arabs in Jerusalem are backed up against the edge of the world, with no where to go.

Aside from that, all nations sieze land to build roads. Why is this situation so special that it should raise an international out-cry?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Perhaps because the palestinians do not want the road to be build, by the Israelis.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Like I mentioned earlier....the land is being put to good use. I'm sure once the facts stated you may realize that the majority of the Palestinian population remain uneducated and ignorant about the concept of infrastructure which to them or perhaps even to the anti-Semites (which may also account for plenty here) can only be interpreted as the -bulldozing- of Palestinian homes, boohoo. Surely, I doubt they would be able to recognize a pile of rocks as someone's home anyway.
What good have the Palestinians done?
Israel has advances in science, capitalism, engineering, and yes warfare...so would it be any surprise they could easily crush the Palestinians. Yet they don't, because they remain civilized. While the Palestinians use suicide-bombers, a very cheap and barbaric tactic that can only reflect on the fact that they do not respect life, period.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join