It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police In Riot Gear Force Naughty Nuns On The Run

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
A police force of 150 in riot gear stormed a walled convent in Poland Wednesday. 65 rebellious ex-nuns and a monk had been hiding there for two years. The ex-nuns were expelled by the Vatican last year because of disobedience. One of the ex-nuns had an 8-month-old baby in her arms when the raid took place, and several of the ex-nuns are pregnant. Five foreign men were also found hiding in the building...

Photo: Peter Andrews/Reuters

Police Evict Ex-Nuns from Polish Convent

Police pushed their way into a Polish convent Wednesday and evicted about 65 rebellious ex-nuns — arresting the mother superior and a monk who had occupied the complex with them illegally for two years.

[---]

A locksmith had opened the gate to the walled convent in the eastern Polish town of Kazimierz Dolny and police in riot gear pushed forward, encountering an onslaught of verbal aggression from some of the former nuns, Sokolowski said.

[---]

When the Vatican formally expelled the nuns in 2006, they refused to leave the building, cutting themselves off from the outside world.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The Vatican apparently didn't want these nuns, so maybe they should create their own "Vatican" with Jadwiga Ligocka as their "Pope"? This kind of police operation is not something you see every day...

Other Links:
CNN: Police raid closes rebel convent
International Herald Tribune: Police evict ex-nuns from Polish convent, arrest monk and mother superior
ABC News: Rebel Nuns Evicted From Polish Convent
CBS News: Police Evict Ex-Nuns From Polish Convent
Miami Herald: Rebel nuns evicted from Polish convent
The Houma Courier: Rebel Nuns Evicted From Polish Convent
The Columbian: Rebel Nuns Evicted From Polish Convent
BBC: Polish police end nun rebellion

[edit on 2007/10/10 by Hellmutt]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Nuns turned squatters. Now I think I've seen everything.

But if they were ex-nuns, why wear the habit?

It's just such a strange story. You never hear what happens to a convent if the inhabitants rebel. I guess you have them evicted in court and arrested, just like everywhere else.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
strange... is it illegal to be shunned by the pope in poland?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
But if they were ex-nuns, why wear the habit?

Never mind. Too easy...

But this is very strange news, indeed. Rebellious nuns.

several of the ex-nuns are pregnant

Naughty nuns indeed.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
nuns on the run with buns in the oven, guess they cant kick the habit

link   
Poland is a deeply religous country with between 90% - 95% of it's population is Roman Catholic.

It seems The Vatican is being quite secretive about the original banning but it seems to have something to do with a Mother of the convent having "visitations" and issuing subsequent guidelines.
ap.google.com...

Edit ; My grammar

[edit on 10-10-2007 by Freeborn]

link   
Nuns gone wild...he he... babes in arms, pregnancies. I wonder if they copped snoop dog there too?

Oh my God, I just read previous link and I am now on the floor laughing. 150 police in riot gear, God I'm choking. What no video of nun tasering? Hahahahahaha I can't breathe.....

[edit on 10-10-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This story is a little starnge to me. What were these visions that the mother superior had? and what was the friar there for what did he say to the police. Plus the nuns were "psychologically" harmed?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by out there20

Plus the nuns were "psychologically" harmed?

Yup, I saw that mentioned in many articles. Not sure what they mean, or in what way they were psychologically harmed. Maybe they mean that they were possessed or something?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
From BBC World News.

Nuns evicted from convent

Embedding might be disabled. And if so, click the YouTube Link to see the video.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Wow I guess the truth will eventually come to light. This is nothing new to the nuns of convents to become pregnant. It is a wicked world we live in and the convents can be little universes of pain for many nuns . They have been known to become pregnant and to be treated in tortuous ways.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Here is an interesting story of one nun...

www.jesus-is-lord.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

The Video has been disabled. Someone doesn't want this getting too much attention.

One thing is certain, The Vatican is very strict in acknowledging messages conveyed in "visitations". They very much have to fall within the whole Catholic dogma.

Now if something "heretical" has been practiced as a result of these "visitations" then The Vatican will act most ruthlessly.

Just a possibility.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I can see the video just fine by clicking the YouTube link. I believe BBC World News have disabled viewers from UK for some reason. Maybe they want you to buy something from them, in order to view it? Or maybe they just don't want too much attention, like you said...

edit to add;
I found this at their YouTube channel:

Sorry, but these clips are not available to users in the UK. Please go direct to our BBC site by clicking on the "More BBC News video and audio" link above. Thanks.

And here is that link: More BBC News video and audio

[edit on 2007/10/11 by Hellmutt]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Thanks for the links, all I can get is this
news.bbc.co.uk...

Can't think of any reason why they should restrict viewing in the UK and nowhere else?

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Maybe they mean that they were possessed or something?

Hmmm, and now this:

Poland To Open First Exorcism Center

If the nuns were not possessed, it seems like the devil has possessed many others in Poland. They've got at least 20 exorcisms a week over there...

new topics

top topics

join