It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will we ever reach the top of evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
do you think we will reach our maximum? where we can't invent anything new? or will we extict before that?

IMO, our biggest step and the most important role in evolution will be passing a life torch to robo-sapiiens, and that's where we're gonna extinct, no not because machines will start a war against us, just because there won't be any need for human being anymore! there will be machines that will be much clever than humans are, there will be no pain no suffer, no illness(except for viruses sometimes
), they won't be affected by radiation, they'll have nothing to fear at all! they will colonise other planets!

uh this all is so interesting to see! why oh why i'm not a highlander!

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
No, because evolution is constant change. It never stops.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Agreed Maynard, I wasn't aware that evolution had a max 'level' to reach or obtain.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Agreed Maynard, I wasn't aware that evolution had a max 'level' to reach or obtain.

regards
seekerof

I think it can when in a contained environment, ie the shark, but with humans, our environment is always changing and so shall we.

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by DiabolusKlown]

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
If by evolution you mean physically, natural evolution has ended for humanity. Artificial evolution can always take place and I'm sure it will.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
If by evolution you mean physically, natural evolution has ended for humanity.

Has it???

Check out the average height of humans from 30 years ago, and check it out now.

Also compare shoe sizes and average weights from those times.

Who says evolution cant be subtle?

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
If by evolution you mean physically, natural evolution has ended for humanity. Artificial evolution can always take place and I'm sure it will.

Artificial evolution will have to take over for natural evolution. Species evolve through trial and error, and due to human compassion much of our biological faults are allowed to remain.

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by DiabolusKlown]

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Milk
Has it???

Check out the average height of humans from 30 years ago, and check it out now.

Also compare shoe sizes and average weights from those times.

Who says evolution cant be subtle?
I chalk it up to all the extra chemicals, drugs, injections, and even steroid fed beef that are put in human bodies these days. At least if evolution goes by how we currently think of it, all human change at the moment is artificial.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I think we'll continue to evolve. I mean, our world is constantly changing at a slow rate. This slow rate is very important - it means we can adapt. Take global warming and pollution for example. Who's to say that in the future we can't absorb UV rays into our skin, or breathe Carbon Monoxide?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Robo_Sapiens....lol....i like that. I think that is where our evolution could flourish. The combining of man and machine=limitless possibilities.

new topics

top topics

join