It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of Time (as we know it)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
The Mayan calendar doesn't end on Dec. 12, 2012. Nor does it predict the "end of the world". What it is, is simply the end of another 26,000 year cycle, called the Great Year. Western Astrology also uses the 26,000 year count. Why? Because it is measured according to the planets, not our own Gregorian calendar. What it appears to be, from all I've read is that we make a big leap in our evolution and our spirituality will deepen and strengthen, making us more spirituallyl-oriented.

That is fairly accurate as far as I can tell. Are the nevt five years going to be rough going? Most likely,but depending on one's perspective, that can be said of any five year span in history...

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
2012 is the real deal. There are over 24 seperate pieces of evidence all pointing toward that date. Such evidence is from the realm of science, history not only from prophecy and mystisim.

This time chicken little is right. But only in true mankind style they will believe what it is each Wants to believe instead of what's right in front of them.

Do your home work people, don't just look for the first reports of someone dissing a particualar aspect.

Mayan Calander + Nostradamus + St. Malachy = the end of your world.

Mayan is a clear cut case for the date.
Nostradamus lost book also shows that date.
St. Malachy predicted 111 popes and we are on the 111 pope NOW.
some may argue that he predicted 112 popes, but that just goes to show they haven't done their home work. The last pope, the one foolish people persum is 112, wasn't numbered, it's quite likely the "last pope" and the 111 pope is the same person, otherwise the "last pope" is put into place when 111 is killed during the end of the world events.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

The "end of the world.." The "end of the world" to Nostradamus was the decline and eventual collapse of the Roman Catholic Church... The "end of the World" to John of Patmos was the eventual victory of Good over Evil...

The "end of the world" constitutes different things to different people. Is it the "end" as we know it? Maybe... However, the fear mongering I see in the world today is ridiculous...

[edit on 10-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
2012 is the real deal. There are over 24 seperate pieces of evidence all pointing toward that date. Such evidence is from the realm of science, history not only from prophecy and mystisim.

This time chicken little is right. But only in true mankind style they will believe what it is each Wants to believe instead of what's right in front of them.

Do your home work people, don't just look for the first reports of someone dissing a particualar aspect.

Mayan is a clear cut case for the date.
Nostradamus lost book also shows that date.
St. Malachy predicted 111 popes and we are on the 111 pope NOW.
some may argue that he predicted 112 popes, but that just goes to show they haven't done their home work. The last pope, the one foolish people persum is 112, wasn't numbered, it's quite likely the "last pope" and the 111 pope is the same person, otherwise the "last pope" is put into place when 111 is killed during the end of the world events.

Well Mr. Michael (supposedly the angel), you seem to know that the prophcies wll undoubtfully come true.

Seeing as you have the power of foresight, can you elaborate on the events at and/or before the end of the year 2012?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
What it appears to be, from all I've read is that we make a big leap in our evolution and our spirituality will deepen and strengthen, making us more spirituallyl-oriented.

Well, it's a nice thought, undoubtedly - but where does this idea come from?
On what is it based?

There certainly seem to be no precedents, so that we could extrapolate on the basis of that.

Did the Mayans or the Aztecs themselves (or anybody, really) ever experience any such collective shifts in consciousness (that we know about) at any time in history?

I am not "attacking" you, mind you - just asking. ; )

[edit on 11-12-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Well, to be honest, the first ideas about 2012 were ones of spiritual ascension.. All of this doom and gloom stuff didn't come along until about 5 years a go... A better question would be, where do all of the doom and gloom theories about 2012 come from.. I am not attacking you, but I'm just wondering.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
reply to post by Vanitas

Well, to be honest, the first ideas about 2012 were ones of spiritual ascension.. All of this doom and gloom stuff didn't come along until about 5 years a go... A better question would be, where do all of the doom and gloom theories about 2012 come from.. I am not attacking you, but I'm just wondering.

Haha, my thoughts exactly, my friend!

And I mean exactly - I actually started a thread a while ago to find out precisely that...

Not much luck so far.

EDIT:
(Sorry - a fingerslip... ; ))

But I'd still like to know, of course, WHAT is the basis of any theories about it. And I am still waiting for confirmation that the Mayas did in fact ascend happily to the Elysian fields, or whatever they called it, and lived happily ever after...

Because if they didn't (and I think I would've heard about it during my studies)... where does it all come from?

Oh - sorry... I am repeating myself. Again.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
What I would like, is just 1 valid statement that shows the Mayan calender cycle to end on dec. 21 2012...

This number is a figment of someones imagination...

Any website dedicated to study the Mayan calender shows that the cycle of the existing calender to top at oct. 28 2011...

Books about the Mayan calender states the date to be oct. 28 2011...

Planet X, or the 12'th planet, is a statement made by one man originally and that is zecharia sitchin...and he believed the return of this planet to be in 2085....

So who came up with this dec. 21 2012?

Well in my opinion the 12-21-2012 is interesting, in numuroligy and such, and has therefore been used to emphasize the effect, of theese homemade mixture of different theories.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

The "end of the world.." The "end of the world" to Nostradamus was the decline and eventual collapse of the Roman Catholic Church... The "end of the World" to John of Patmos was the eventual victory of Good over Evil...

The "end of the world" constitutes different things to different people. Is it the "end" as we know it? Maybe... However, the fear mongering I see in the world today is ridiculous...

Yes and No. According to John, "the end of the world" a.k.a. the end of time, is a period where the world is brought down to it's knees, and in this way is prepaired for the coming of "the christ" that then sets up 1000 years of learning before "evil" is distroyed. After the 1000 years "evil" will be let lose on the world again to tempt mankind.

Too many people associate the term "World" with Planet or Earth. I think this is because peole see "World Maps" in public schooling systems and associate it with the planet earth. However the "world map" is really the lines drawn on the planet earth that break up the land masses into "this is ours that is yours".

That's the "end of the world as we know it" or the "end of the world at the end of time".

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Vanitas

Well to be fair, there is refrence in mayan culture about distruction at the "end of time", however lets not argue that point.

There's this thing we as a people have been moving toward. "The Harvesting" biblically, a bunch of (assumed) "bad stuff" in world events, "end of the world".

There's also several other profetic works talking about it such as Nostradamus and St. Malachy, and many others.

And it is clear to see they are all aligning on the date of 2012.

Believe what you will, as the bible says that will happen, but the world is ending, and time to get it "right" is very short now. I'm not trying to scare anyone. The time is yours to do what you will with.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluess
Any website dedicated to study the Mayan calender shows that the cycle of the existing calender to top at oct. 28 2011...

That is a biased perception based in wanting to be "right over others".

It's most widely understood, through calculation methods other then the one you are claiming correct, that the 2012 date is "the end".

That too is suported through the understanding that the mayan calendar is based on the movement of the universe and scientific evidence that there's a alignment happening on Dec21 2012.

any other date is just wishful thinking to percieve that the majority is wrong.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
My Personal Opinion

Well dudes LOL 2012 is when times loops back into itself and all this talk about Atlantis and past great civilizations is just ourselves as times loops and loops all over again.

LOL thats my totally infallible theory.

everybody have a great day

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join