It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Gravel supports World Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Mike Gravel supports World Government: "I was asked if I were for a world government? Of course, any reasonable person would be. That is the direction we need to go in."

More from WeAreChange at www.wearechange.org....

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
That is very scary. So we need a world government to control the corporations? Well just who is going to control the world government? Do we have any example in world history of increased freedom and prosperity with increased centralized power? Why is a government power monopoly any better than a coprorate monopoly?

Of course the Bible predicts that a world government is coming. It also predicts that it will make Nazi Germany look like a boy scout camp. World government leads to world corruption and total tyranny. There will be no safe havens for dissenters once global governance is installed.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The natural progression of humanity leads towards a one world government. Whether or not that government will be just or tyrannical is a different matter entirely.

Those in control now and attempting to bring about a one world government would likely be a bad thing for the rest of us.

In an ideal world, everyone's desire and opinion would count towards the whole. Whether this would be in a country government or world government makes little difference.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

I agree in that I am very skeptical that the current moral climate could possibly produce a benign world government. It's a slow ride to tyranny and the complete loss of civil rights.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't think a world government would eliminate civil rights, but I don't think that it is going to happen in the foreseeable future, either. Think about it, the whole "one world government is bad" argument is premised on the supposition that in a one world government, a citizen will have way to demand that their civil rights be protected beyond that government. But that is precisely the status quo. For all intents and purposes, other nations don't give a damn about the civil rights of those in other nations. In other words, one still has only one government that they can appeal to!

However, I think such a discussion is almost pointless at the present, as there is so much fundamental distrust between many nations as to render a one world government highly improbable at the present.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

Unless said government operates behind the scenes.

This would be the shadow government premise.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
world government is not innately evil. However, with the nature of men it is highly likely to turn into an administration much like the bush administration, grabbing at power and money without regard for human rights.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve22
world government is not innately evil.

Based on what?

What is the purpose of world government? How about a world currency - which will be electronic? How about world health care? World ID systems? World religion?

The purpose of world government is to take away the rights and liberties of the individual nations and centralize power to better control the masses under one ruthless world dictator.

The purpose of one world currency is to centralize money, the supply, the value, the taxes - everything. It will be electronic, and your little ID chip will be the controller of the money. You'll be able to swipe your hand, arm, leg etc by a reader device to pay for your things.

Guess what happens if you dissent or speak out against this world government? Your little chip gets shut off. Good luck trying to buy food.

It'll be a cashless society. You can't shut down cash for one person. Cash is anonymous, pretty much. Unless you shut down the whole currency, you can't stop someone from spending cash. You're not going to shut down the whole currency to stop one person from buying essentials - that one person that's dissenting and pissing you off.

So you make it electronic. Take away all anonymity of purchase. Take away the control and power of the people. Put it in the electronics that you control so that you can shut them down if need be.

Control world health care for depopulation purposes. The goal is to depopulate the Earth by over 90%. Can't have those alternative medicines floating around, so what do you do? Control everything. Centralize it under one world government. Make everyone report to that one world government. That way, the only final products being released are the ones that fit your agenda.

The world ID systems in the form of the micro chips are a given. That will happen. They're already selling it now. "What if you're lost? We can track you and find you with this GPS chip!" "What if you die in a car accident? We can alert your family with your information on this chip!" "Look how convenient and quick it is to pay with this chip! Just swipe and you're gone!" "Lost a pet? Chip them! It's not so bad!"

They're selling it with our pets right now. We look at our pets like we're superior, so we don't have a problem chipping them to keep tabs on them if they're safe. We brush it off and just look at it as us looking over our pets.

How do you think our leaders see us, the people? They see it as they are superior, and they want to keep an eye on us and make sure we don't "get lost" so to speak, or in other words, steer from their course for humanity.

World religion - simply put - control.

A world government will be evil, and will have evil intents. That is a 100% guarantee.

Originally posted by steve22
much like the bush administration, grabbing at power and money without regard for human rights.

It is much bigger than the Bush administration. Bush, Cheney, etc., are all very small in the bigger picture. They aren't running anything. This 'power grab' isn't for them. It's for their bosses. The ones who want this world government. The ones who are forming these unions.

Unions = centralization of power. Centralization of power = world government.

[edit on 10/10/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

There's already a hidden world government. It's capital is the Vatican.

You need only to look at the unions being formed to know that there is world government.

Every part of the world has a union. Not a whole lot of people know of the Asian Union or South American Union forming. Not a whole lot of people know of the African Union. Not a whole lot even know of the North American Union. They're all real.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I don't think a world government would eliminate civil rights, but I don't think that it is going to happen in the foreseeable future, either.

Are you kidding???!!

The U.S. Supreme Court just heard arguments on whether the World Court's authority trumps the U.S. Constitution. It's the death penalty case about the illegal alien from Mexico who killed the 14-year old girl.

And guess what?

Bush is one the side of the death-row killer arguing that the U.S. treaty with the world court takes precedent over Texas state law.

The global government is already here. The U.S. Supreme Court is going to ratify it when they make their decision on this case.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It's funny, I listened to what that dude said TWICE, and I still don't know what he said.

I think he meant there can be no global government until we disarm Americans. Of course, that right was given way back. It's old and outdated. It's anarchy and the law of the jungle. We don't want to go backwards, we want to go forwards. Guns BAD, one world government GOOD!

When dudes are saying a bunch of meaningless, incoherent doublespeak, notice the hand and arm gestures. This is meant to distract you away from the fact that they're not really answering you.

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jjohns

One world gov't already here? Pfft...maybe the U.S. is subject to some other countries, but last time I checked, Iran, North Korea, Burma, et. al. didn't give a flying freak what the rest of the world thought.

new topics

top topics

join