It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at a Cleveland Schools Building

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Bloody hell, can't people simply deal with life?

I honestly cannot even begin to fathom what would make someone shoot another person.

really?
man, i sure can.
i didn't have much trouble in school.
i was a decent size and i wrestled and people knew i fought on the side...i was not mr popular but i never had to worry.

there were other kids though...damn. i felt so bad for them.
every day with the non stop being messed with by other kids.
some kids have it bad...
why? who knows
why they don't do anything about it? who knows

i can totally see people cracking and doing this though. easily

like i said, i am suprised it don't happen more often

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Good. No civilian needs a gun. Guns should be something that are feared, not revered in some kind of holy light I see alot of people doing.

I have to say I find that a little funny coming from someone with an Einstein avatar.

Why was it he was able to flee a corrupt government with guns?

The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are the constitutional rights secure.

-Albert Einstein

Nobody is ever rounded up and killed by their government. Ever. Just ask those monks in Burma. It just doesn't happen. We can all put our undying faith in the authorities and officials and allow only them to bear arms because gee, Wally, they're swell.

Gun control is victim creation. It is rooted is racism, classism, hate and desire to control.

If you don't want to own a gun don't own one. You should put a nice big sign on your front lawn announcing your anti-gun position to help get the word out. Maybe something like: "There are no firearms in this home and it's occupants are decidedly afraid of them."

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Nobody is ever rounded up and killed by their government. Ever. Just ask those monks in Burma. I

So do you think the situation would be better or worse if those standing up the Junta left their peaceful plans and all tooled up?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Muppetus Galacticus

There would still be a bunch of bodies getting dumped in the jungle. But it's more than apparent that they don't care one bit how many of these peaceful protesters die. You need a coup. You need to overthrown them once they become so far corrupt.

Ghandi tactics work when up against a civilized society. A dictatorship or fascist oligarch would just put a bullet in Ghandi's head and thrown him in the river.

These monks are trying to stand against a government that wants them all dead. Sit in and hunger strike all you want. When somebody wants you dead the only thing you can do it kill them first.

A lot of people die. Maybe there will be success maybe not. Maybe the next regime will be the same if not worse. That's life and consequently death.

Better? Nah. Nothing will make it better at this point. The aggressor crossed a line that the defenders never should have let them cross and now it's too late.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
I don't know.. sounds a lot like Columbine to me..

Elite school. White area. Teen.

Only difference is he didn't kill anyone except himself..

I guess he didn't buy Halo 3 this round...
(above line is sarcasm. DO NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY!)

THickHead,

The school was an inner city black school. Sounds a lot like a gangbanger that went off in the safety of the gun-free zone at his school. Good thing that the school didn't allow guards with guns, huh?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Good. No civilian needs a gun. Guns should be something that are feared, not revered in some kind of holy light I see alot of people doing.

I revere my gun because I know I can use it to defend myself if some punk tries to attack me.

And yes, civilians do need guns to protect against those in society who have no regard for life.

Remember the shooter in the tower at Texas University? Know how they stopped him from killing more students? A professor got out his deer rifle and started shooting back.

Like it or not, the Constitution is pretty clear that Congress shall not infringe on the right of people like myself to keep and bear arms.

BTW, why is it that libs are all for the rule of law until there's a law they don't like?

Liberals ->
U.S. Constitution

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

It's not just school, have you ever considered what happens to these kids when they grow up? Aha... now we start seing patterns emerge, why do we have serial killers eh? Why people go nuts after 40 years of age and start random shootings. Schools aren't the only places affected by gunmen. Happens in malls, stores, streets, it just gets reported less, school shootings bring more shock and awe and helps the gov crack down on guns that's all. Like I said, what people should focus on is society. School atmosphere being the priority. I understand what you say though, I also wonder what makes these kids not do this kind of thing more often.
But there's a reason they take the bullying, fear. Most of em probably either have it bad at home and school. For some it's only the bullying at school, really bad bullying. And teachers/principles don't do squat to help. They'll send you to a psychologist or something and make you feel like there's something wrong with you, not the people who attack you. I hate society, blaming its problems on scapegoats.

[edit on 11-10-2007 by Radekus]

[edit on 11-10-2007 by Radekus]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join