It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women need to shut up and sit down

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
'If I'm design'd yon lordling's slave--
By Nature's law design'd--
Why was an independent wish
E'er planted in my mind?
If not, why am I subject to
His cruelty, or scorn?
Or why has Man the will and pow'r
To make his fellow mourn?

Robert Burns

(That's all I have to say about this)

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

well said and I appreciate all your comments

simply i am trying to point out that not all girls naturally like the traditional feminine roles and not all men are suited to making the wisest choices for the family they are in.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
All religions that have rules for obedience and subservience were created ONLY in societies that had a ruling class oppressing the masses. Whether you believe in one or the other matters not because you allow yourself to be ruled and your religion promotes it and justifies it. Obey and in the next life you will get your reward. Have children and teach them obedience so that they too can enter into slavery willingly. Hush your women lest they teach you or your children to question authority or resist enslavement.

If the bible were fact written by God, it would not need interpretation and religions would not have evolved as societies evolved. Religion offers the illusion that you should suffer now because everything will be made okay AFTER you die. The meek shall inherit the earth.

Sorry, but I would rather live my life freely now than to wait for something that is never going to happen. I am not sure what kind of man prefers a meek push-over for a wife because I have not met one yet. Every man I know is far more attracted to a stong (but not overpowering) woman... his equal.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
No surprise to me. The bible is totally incomplete in its entirety. I believe that religion is a way for man to cope with fear of the "unknown" when it comes to pondering his own mortality. If enough people believe in the bible, a very effective way to control the masses with fear.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join