It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women need to shut up and sit down

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
dawnstar:

You really represent the most primitive mindset imaginable. Women and children represent humanity, in population, and in spirit. Unlike the dog-eat-dog, winner/losers that male energy promotes, female energy is the most uniting, cooperative and uplifting there is on this planet. I think you should do what the title of this post says.

I think you meant to say that women and children represent the future of humanity..not all the population right now..by default...by playing through unquestioned, unchallanged on this.

You seem so often wont to leave out the males who will be taking the majority of the RISK for the standard of living of the future of the population. Somehow I dont see these new world order women taking such RISK for the future ..but mostly seeking better conditions once the RISK has been removed by others. In like manner I do not see many women flocking to places like outer Wyoming to begin from scratch..unless someone else has set it up for them aforehand. Nothing really new here in this.

I like to think that the system of "Order " to which you are alluding is not new...nothing new in the "New World Order " at all. It is in fact very ancient and some of it predates Christianity. It is actually feudal in nature..as is the NWO trying to make a comeback today.
In most feudal social structures ..you had only three classes of people...Royalty, the priesthood or the religious leadership..and the slobs/peons..the rest of the folks.
THat I know of ..almost none of these social structures did little or nothing to improve the status of life and living among ordinary folk..or the slobs/peons. Nation after nation..one can see this taking place. Yet our history books cloud this over with drivel after drivel..avoiding the truth in lieu of NWO philosophys.
Most peoples in these nations lived barely above subsistance levels. THe priesthoods and royaltys lived reasonably well off the labors of others.

na.....don't think so...sorry...just don't feel like it today...maybe tomorrow...

In this quote of Dawnstar's I am in agreement with her...and I seldom agree with Dawnstar. She has the right to voice her opinion and views.
I will stand by her in this...though I am aware that she does not need my help or support. I find her quite capable of holding up her end on her own...even in disagreement.

have not said that only the female energy is needed. I have said, that the majority of citizens in this world are women and children and that the female energy has been suppressed to such an extent that we live in a primitive dog-eat-dog winner/and loosers illegal monopoly representing itself as a free capitalist state. Of course we need both energies, in Church and State. Whomever thinks we're going back is really mistaken. We are only going to move ahead. NWO is not going down. Again, I suggest that all intelligent females that attend patriarchal churches to take your wombs and children out of there. Let them die off as they should!

In do not find female energy suppressed...I speak in particular of out here in the west.
THe emphasis is so highly on female reproductive qualitys and merits..in threads like this. So many of the women and females out here can hardly speak of anything else. I will remind you here that in third world nations these people are outbreeding us here in the west by far..also indicating and betelling that female reproductive qualitys and merits are not being suppressed. I say this in lieu of the concept that female reproduction is the crux of who and what a female is...this is the crux of female energy according to so many on these types of posts.

I dont know about you ..but I expect alot more from a woman/female than reproductive qualitys and merits.

In occult religions..energy is male...matter is female...
The sun and the moon and the master.
Gold for the day and the sun
Silver for the moon and the night.

THere are variations of this but this should suffice for these purposes.
THe symbology and allegory in some of these variations is quite striking.

I am curious as to what the religion is to which you are promoting here???

As to the Dog eat Dog...dictum....females have shown themselves to be quite adept at this and able to cover it up with subtilty much more so than are men. I know this because of the times other women have tried to take the job of the woman I am seeing...by scheming and deception.

Women can be quite dog eat dog in competition...very viscious and primordal. I cannot imagine as to what you are trying to default through on here. However ..as I stated for the average male out here...Hey..how about those Cowboys.

One more thing...this is not a patriarchial society in the West..particularly in the USA..it is an occult matriarcial society concealing itself as a patriarical society in order to default through unquestioned ..unchallanged. I find politics to be the ideal occult feminine political/social structure..in that it can default through on so much ...take credit for what it has not done and redirect blame when it does not work out..and most of this without the public even being all that aware of it or it's true nature. THere is alot of occult feminine doublespeak in politics.
THis is the NWO at work...returning us to the olde feudal system....and the olde religions.

And you know Mistiq...I almost forgot...
Since Dawnstar was not wont to reply to this I will bring it around to you once again... for definition...

While I am thinking about it...historically...Mistiq...do you know the term for the religions which glorify the reproductive system and the rituals/rites surrounding the same??? What is the name or term attached to these types of religions??

THanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 14-8-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Female energy is not repressed? Now thats why all the women I know talk vehemently about the lack of democracy in this country, the lack of social programs, and the only women that make it in politics graduate from the mens school of thought. You really don't know what female energy is. As for courage and standing up for truth. What a joke! It certainly hasn't been the men who have stood up to police at the door and asked them who they served. And it isn't the men in my family who have written to politicians and media on every pertinent issue. I take it you're referring to a violent revolution, which may have to happen if they begin rounding people up. Naturally I , as most women, prefer to do things in a civilized manner. And as a matter of fact, I left the Catholic Church and took my future children out of it, because no way was I going to suffer any more male domination. The very next Church I walked into had a lovely, free-spirited, human rights activist woman for its minister, and was it ever a breath of fresh air. Right winged politics and left wing politics to me is patriarchy versus matriarchy, of course this being done in freedom. Women attend rallies and work actively for change. When one particular wanted felon was going to show up for court, and his probation officer had been informed, via a woman, and he double checked the information and got back, that guy still wasn't apprehended. The guys didn't care, it was all serving some corrupt purpose. But us women identified his to the sherif at court and he testified in manacles, before being shipped off himself. Real women do get involved. Sorry to tell you.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
"While I am thinking about it...historically...Mistiq...do you know the term for the religions which glorify the reproductive system and the rituals/rites surrounding the same??? What is the name or term attached to these types of religions??"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay, she didn't bite, so I will......
you are probably referring to the pagan religions....
and well, remember eve bit the apple first.....and took the reign of power...
the oldest relics representing "God/Goddess" are very clearly female.

but, remember, God said not to bite the danged apple!!
neither should be ruling the other....but rather living in harmony with one another. neither is better, smarter, more adept at leadership, ect....

and well, I have to say this, sorry, but well.....
you seem to be more hungup on sex and such than any of the females here. reading your posts, one might think that is the number one priority in a person's life or something....it isn't....it is just one tiny miniscule aspect of life. men are attracted to women, women are attracted to men, they get together and well...in about nine months, a tiny little human comes into the world....wow!!
as far as risks go.....remember a more accidents occur in the home than anywhere else, and who is it that spends the most time in the home usually....if women were that worried about risks.....she'd be anywhere other than home! right now, I take more risks than my husband!! just walking across the floor involves risks,......my foot occasionally locks up, and well, then I am reaching for something to support me till I manage to get it back!! and yet, I go to work every day and do my thing, about three or four times a week I am having to grab something to steady me....
don't get me wrong, my husband has worked hard for that nice cushy job he has now, but there is far less risk involved in it.

twice on the way home from work today I had the crap scared out of me. first there was a girl, with tattoos all over her walking....well, the light was green, it was obvious that I was going, so she just walks out in front of me,.... then well, kid on a bike, I'm on one of the main roads and well, he doesn't stop but rather rides right in front of me. I could tell be the way he looked at me, I scared him just as much as he did me! I don't care what kind of risks you are taking, I bet there are some idiots out there taking bigger ones, and some of the are female!

oh, and you are right, our country is no longer patriarchal...isn't matriarchal either....it's just all out confused at the moment.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by dawnstar]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Mistiq,
Thanks for that view..I am glad that you asserted yourself or yourselves to get what you desired. Being so assertive you can now get what the men in your life need too...correct?? I say this in order to demonstrate that female energy will not be supressed and can supply all ...to "flashdance" all through life on your risk and efforts.
You do spend time and effort flashdancing men through life ...yes?? This too falls under the category of female energy ...yes??

Violent revolution...Wow!! I am afraid you have lost me there. To my knowlege I have not mentioned or implied violent revolution in any of my posts...but only the daily routine of life. From whence did you get this.

Most men of whom I know...after laboring for the living of thier familys want to come home to a peaceful enviornment...not chaos and the fast food lane.

Left the Catholic Church...LOL LOL LOL...ok..if you say so. I can understand that.

Sorry Mistiq...your posts come across as the men you know are not doing enough to meet "your" expectations or belief systems of how the world should be set up. I have no problem with women doing the work and takinig he risks..for this change. Then they can also do so for me ..so as to "flashdance" me through lifes hurdles..without risk and without work on my part. Somehow I dont detect this on any of the female posts on this type of thread. Do you??

Wait a minute...

Now thats why all the women I know talk vehemently about the lack of democracy in this country, the lack of social programs,

I am sure you mean by this ..social programs for men to balance out the social programs already in existance...you know..equality and all that stuff.

Freebies for men on the public dole. I am sure this is of what you are describing and about which women of this country are complaining...men need so many more social programs to create balance in the freebee giveaway for votes concept. You know what I mean Mistiq...freebies..doled out by some government agency without RISK!!

I almost missed this concept in your posts. Thank for reminding me..I am glad I got it the second time around.

Dawnstar,

and well, I have to say this, sorry, but well.....
you seem to be more hungup on sex and such than any of the females here. reading your posts, one might think that is the number one priority in a person's life or something....it isn't..

Sorry girl..but you seem to get so much backwards. It is not me who first mentioned the reproductive system/energys....see Missing Blue Sky's post here..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will admit that when I first read this ..and comprehended what she was saying I about busted out laughing.

However to be fair about this not all women think like this...they are however once again..becoming more rare than in times past.

Intresting to me Dawnstar...that when a woman posts like this ....the implication is that a man should never question this or he is some kind of a sex fiend/pervert. ( you know Dawnstar.. a man should "shut up and sit down" and never think of these concepts... much less ...mention them ) Yet many women tend to do this all the time...and expect to default through ..unquestioned and unchallanged.
How dare a man make this line of thought "explicit!!"

And you are corret...this should not be the number one priority in ones life...with this I agree. It is however so very often marketed to women and females in numerous subtle ways...throughout all the media. Most men are pretty much oblivious to this. The females are not....at all.

All I have to do is look at the magazine covers ...and the covers of the books on the shelves to see it for what it is. Even the product lines in the stores ..bespeak of this tool.

For so many women ..that is about all they have to glorify about themselves. You were correct in your previous post about many of these women in thier own way being insecure. I would be too if it was all I had in my tool box ..of skills on which to draw for sustinance.

Once again I must make haste to shove off for some overtime this weekend.

However..I want to close with this thought from your quote here.

oh, and you are right, our country is no longer patriarchal...isn't matriarchal either....it's just all out confused at the moment.

I disagree...simply because I can see it clearly by one trip into most of the stores...the femaleness of them...the feminine method by which they display and merchandize their stuff.

On one of the other threads someone named Shazam the Unbowed...tried to use Bass Pro Shops as a example of a male store. It brought to me chuckles. Out of the multitudes of stores it was the number one store he could glorify as a male oriented store. I dont think so.
It was pretty pitiful to me.
The women in this country determine how the bulk of the moneys are spent ..both on small and big ticket items...not the males. Any economist or economy watcher can clear this up for you. This seemed to go over Shazams head...the heads of other males too. So many males seem to think that in earning the moneys often at great RISK, that they are sooooooooo....MALE!!! I dont think so!! This slight of hand.....in subtilty represents alot of Female Energy.

Gotta shove off now.

Thanks,
Orangetom

Post Script,

I almost forgot...Mistiq..please define for me ..or give me your understanding of Female Energy. Thanks.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I disagree...simply because I can see it clearly by one trip into most of the stores...the femaleness of them...the feminine method by which they display and merchandize their stuff.

On one of the other threads someone named Shazam the Unbowed...tried to use Bass Pro Shops as a example of a male store. It brought to me chuckles. Out of the multitudes of stores it was the number one store he could glorify as a male oriented store. I dont think so.
It was pretty pitiful to me.
The women in this country determine how the bulk of the moneys are spent ..both on small and big ticket items...not the males. Any economist or economy watcher can clear this up for you. This seemed to go over Shazams head...the heads of other males too. So many males seem to think that in earning the moneys often at great RISK, that they are sooooooooo....MALE!!! I dont think so!! This slight of hand.....in subtilty represents alot of Female Energy.

quite frankly, what this tells me is you spend a heck of alot more time in stores than I do!! but, this is what I look for when shopping....
affordability, durability, comfort, and how practical is it....
guess where I shop for much of my clothing...the women's department?? most women's shoes I CANNOT wear, they will blow my feet to hell! those cute little short shorts and tank tops??? ya, if I was a believer in the bible, I would feel myself forced to wear those, since my husband would want me always wearing that crap...but well, maybe this is why I don't believe the crap in the bible... and well, there is one thing I can assure you, that if I ever passed you on the street while you were working on those brakes on your girlfriends car, well, I would at least be in a position to help you... might lack a little of the knowledge needed, might lack the strength, but I wouldn't be dressed up so impractically that I couldn't bend over to hand you a wrench. I wouldn't be too worried about breaking a fingernail or messing up my nice new hair style! what you see as catering to the females in this country, I kind of see as an attempt to force them to be rather worthless in the real world...women's clothing in many ways is very restrictive, always has been. and well, all those cosmetics are just nice toxic martinis that women are made to feel necessary...
ya know, after I graduated from college, I thought about going into a bank, guess what, just about all of the banks required their employees (at least the women) to wear high heels....guess who didn't get a job at a bank!! some companies feel that it is justifiable to fire a women who refuses to smear all those toxins from those martinis called cosmetics onto their face. guess who ain't working for any of those companies.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by dawnstar]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Wow...I am about to make a mistake here Dawnstar and reply to the wrong post as I have two screens up here...also I am not particularly computer savvy as are some out here.

quite frankly, what this tells me is you spend a heck of a lot more time in stores than I do!! but, this is what I look for when shopping....
affordability, durability, comfort, and how practical is it....

Actually Dawnstar..No, I don't even like to go to the stores at all. Having worked in my youth in a shopping mall...this cured me quickly of the disease/virus of shopping and seduction of store appeal. I go into the stores to get what I want or need and seldom spend time window shopping et al....no interest in it.
Well Dawnstar..this is not exactly true. I could spend hours in a good bookstore. I love going through Books A Million or Barns and Noble when I have the time which is seldom anymore. I also like the olde moldy musty smell of a good used bookstore. Yeah....I know..I'm a bit kinky like this!!
I am however learning or rather fumbling my way through the art of shopping on this computer without having to burn up my cars/mopeds/shoe leather. When it works out ..it is very nice. Books are a favorite of mine in this. LOL LOL...Books can be my walk to the DARK side of the "Force!" My Weakness!!
However, I do notice certain fingerprints in social interaction between peoples..when I go into the stores. It is a great place for observing people..also today...observing wildlife in its natural habitat. But I would not want to make a career out of it.

I am not real fussy about what a woman wears...as long as she does not attempt to become a advertising billboard as are so may wont to do. I can do that myself in my own way. I am well aware of how physical women are in this arena. Also how ignorant are most men of whom I know ..reacting to a stimulus...and not thinking for themselves.

I am not attempting to be flip here in saying this Dawnstar..but I don't find it difficult to get women/females to come over and take off their clothes. So a woman using sex/sexuality...clothes etc etc..to impress me is not particularly appealing if she has no other real life skills. As I have illustrated before I am not interested in a High Maintenance woman...and having her replace my values and thinking with hers.

and well, there is one thing I can assure you, that if I ever passed you on the street while you were working on those brakes on your girlfriends car, well, I would at least be in a position to help you... might lack a little of the knowledge needed, might lack the strength, but I wouldn't be dressed up so impractically that I couldn't bend over to hand you a wrench. I wouldn't be too worried about breaking a fingernail or messing up my nice new hair style! what you see as catering to the females in this country, I kind of see as an attempt to force them to be rather worthless in the real world...women's clothing in many ways is very restrictive, always has been. and well, all those cosmetics are just nice toxic martinis that women are made to feel necessary...

Wow!! Thanks for the offer. I tip my hat to you.
Also I agree women should not dress up so impractically as are they so often marketed. I despise what passes for fashions in the fashion shows. I find much of it disgusting. The woman I see often watches this stuff when she comes over...or on her boob tube. I can see no practical reason for this attire..unless it is styling and profiling. I am not into much of that ..male or female. It is also my opinion of the fashions in GQ and MAXIM magazines...of this genre.
LOL LOL LOL..yes I agree..."breaking a nail!!" I hear this a lot.

Good Grief....Dawnstar...reading this over ..I am agreeing with you entirely to much!! I shall have to watch myself closely!!

Look Dawnstar...I don't know the history of this stuff ...about women and heels or high heels. I find it difficult enough wearing my Toni Lama cowboy boots even for part of a day. Hence they have spent most of their lifetime in the box in which they were purchased. So I must ask myself what is the masochistic attraction for heels. I would rather a woman be comfortable than stylish...but that is me.

I remember getting off work with a coworker years ago at 7am in the morning. Much of day shift was coming to work at that time. There was a woman who came to work daily with very high heels. Are they called Spikes?? or such?? For some reason he would literally jerk his head around to see her in these heels. I believe secretly he had a fetish for those kind of things. I recall this because of the controlled type of reaction this woman would emit over him in those kind of heels. I did not find such heels attractive. While this woman pleasing to the eye.. I was not wont to lose control as was he...ie..foam at the mouth.

and this Dawnstar..

some companies feel that it is justifiable to fire a women who refuses to smear all those toxins from those martinis called cosmetics onto their face. guess who ain't working for any of those companies.

I believe there is justifiable rationale for this stance. Much of this stuff long term cannot be good for a person. As I understand it they are coming out with cosmetics for men now. I had to chuckle at that one.

Also I recall visiting a small strip mall out west here in Virginia. I did not realize, at first, that many of the stores were run by the Mennonites. The women dressed very plain. However I was struck by their natural deep down beauty. They most certainly were not what we would catalog as fashionable in our social structure... But there was a natural beauty which emanated from deep down. Perhaps that sounds corny to most but it was a fingerprint that I noticed and was somewhat struck by this contrast.
There was also a feeling or sense of confidence in who and what they were. I had to watch longer and closer for this fingerprint but in due course I was able to see it.

Goodness me..I finally figured out how to use spell check on this computer.
LOL LOL took me long enough. I shall have to use it more often.

Gotta go Dawnstar,
Thanks for your post.

Orangetom

[edit on 18-8-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

the child bearing part was us WOMEN omgosh that braught on our selves for what? omgosh eve ate the apple from the tree!
i think we deserve it i mean we allways do what were not supposed to do we allways are sinning but so are men and god love every one equaley and it says that in the bible look it up!!!and trust me there alot of miracles in the bible that ppl dont think are true but that the point of the word miraicle like how we came from a mans rib.and tell me why is it you feel so holy and happy when you have jesus in your heart?how can we have came from something else like monkeys where have the monkeys came from?how is it ppl profasise with the bible over things in the future thats happened and what about when healing is over us and we start speaking a language we dont know and how is it with healing from GOD that we just collapse!What about the flood that destroyed every one but noah come on and couldnt of just think oh im going to build a boat.what about ppl coming back to life what about ppl and ive seen this get healed physicaly like my friend broke his arm completety and couldnt make it go strieght they we layed hands on him and he could move it wothout any control.And women are ment to be loyel to their huspands thats what there talking about in the scriptures becouse were suppose to support them with the work they do and when he talkes about not dressing up like the other sex that means transexuals dummys. and i use to be agaist god but then i asked quistions and he gave me awsers he showed me those he gave me a reason to live even.And one more thing how is it we pray over something we usely get it becouse god wtches over us man and women!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well, that was an unexpected response. And a little off topic. Anyhoooooo. I don't think any of us will know what it's like to walk a mile in the other genders' shoes (unless you've been through the operation).

There's a lot in the bible that is not understood by unbelievers and it may be because of their wishful thinking. They want things to be different and blame a book or a religion for things not being according to their liking.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewaveThere's a lot in the bible that is not understood by unbelievers and it may be because of their wishful thinking. They want things to be different and blame a book or a religion for things not being according to their liking.

There are a lot of things not understood by the believers though as well. I have seen the flip side of the coin just as much where believers cite the bible or other religious texts in order to try and impose their ideals (or rather the ideals they were told to have by the authors of the books) onto others.

The reason I support women being wise in choosing a partner and then submitting to their man has little to do with the bible and more to do with the nature of men and women and the relationship btw the two genders.

The bible speaks of this and so this is one of those areas where the bible agrees with my views (rather than me agreeing with its views
)

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

I agree that there's a lot of confusion regarding biblical doctrine from believers and non-believers alike.

The point I don't agree on is if some male tells me I can't have the same wage for the same work done by guys (it's happened more than once), I will not be submitting quietly. I will be sueing and being quite vociferous in my protests.

There are some women who think they are to obey and submit to ANY male who tells them to do something. I have a good friend who's one of them. She's precious and has a sweet spirit but, god love her, she's dumber than a box of rocks. She currently has her ex-husband living in her house. He is a compulsive gambler and is living with her to avoid getting shot again by the people he owes money to. After ripping her off of her life-savings, telling her she needed to take out a second mortgage on her nearly paid off house, etc., etc. she is now 72 years old and he wants her to go back to work so she can continue to support him. She did try for a while but just can't keep up the pace. He used the bible to convince her that she needed to submit to him and obey. She loves God and wants to do what's right so she continues to put up with his nonsense. I've tried to intervene but she's afraid she'll offend God by not being a submissive woman. It was putting a strain on our friendship because I was rude and insulting to him whenever I came over. I finally confronted him and told him that if he didn't knock it off, I'd contact adult protective services and turn him in and then I'd contact the gambling houses and let them know where he was hiding.

He decided that maybe she didn't need to go back to work; he could live just fine off her social security. Turd! The problem is, she was raised in a generation that taught that type of submissiveness and, while you and I may understand that the bible doesn't condone any such behavior, she is blinded by culture and years of indoctrination. We HAVE come a long way, baby.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Although, I have not read each an every word in the last hundred comments, but I have just one thing to say about this topic.

About Women talking too much.

Do you know why Men fart more than Women ?

Because Women can't shut up long enough to build up the required pressure...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

1. I would never sue bc someone didn't pay me what I think they ought to pay me. The reason being is that I believe the employer has the right, even in his/her bias' views to pay what they deem fit to the ppl who are working for them.

If I didn't like the wage offered to me, I would find work elsewhere. Suing is countreproductive and only serves those who wish to make us conform into a socialist state. An employer who builds a business should have the right (no matter what we want) to run that business as he deems fit. To say otherwise is to impose what YOU think is right onto his life and his creation (ie. business).

There are natural consequences to a person dealing unfairly with others. We have to trust in that rather than trying to make everyone conform to our demands.

2. And I don't agree with women submitting to EVERY man. Just their partner.

But suing someone bc you don't like what they offer you bc you deem it unfair is making someone else submit to YOUR demands and that hardly seems fair.

The fair way not to submit to a man that wants to offer you less than you feel you deserve is to go find work elsewhere or start working for yourself.

It just really doesn't seem consistent that women are so gung ho on not submitting to men but then turning around and trying to make the men submit to them through such tactics as suing. It is hypocritical and counterproductive to the message you are trying to get across.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Justamomma,

I dont know if I go along with this in its entirety.

2. And I don't agree with women submitting to EVERY man. Just their partner.

This provides that ones partner is capable of responsible leadership. To lead...and lead wisely...with a sense of maturity...responsibility.

Men who can properly lead are becoming rare today in lieu of the fast food lane of values so prominent about us.

A proper man in his role as a leader..to lead...has responsibilitys...and is therefore not free to do as he pleases or in his vanity. He is responsible to God in this. One of his prime responsibilitys, in addition to obeying what God expects of him, is as a shepard ..tending to his flock.
To do this to lead his flock requires confidence, maturity , trust...and great responsibility.

A man of the caliber which Whitewave describes, in relation to her older friend, needs the defibrillator paddles across his bottom...or perhapsed across his temples to get him properly jumpstarted. That most certainly is not leadership/leading...ones flock. This guy is her ex...
I dont have much use for gamblers or drinkers...like that ..male or females.

That woman bless her heart...needs some salt for her slugs. Not sugar.
She has a slug problem.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

The fair way not to submit to a man that wants to offer you less than you feel you deserve is to go find work elsewhere or start working for yourself.

It just really doesn't seem consistent that women are so gung ho on not submitting to men but then turning around and trying to make the men submit to them through such tactics as suing. It is hypocritical and counterproductive to the message you are trying to get across.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so, I guess if you feel that your husband is offering you less than you feel you deserve, or that he is not worthy of submission....
one should look elsewhere also???

as far as women not suing an employer for unfair wage practices, I kind of disagree. their ufair wage practices affects the economy at large, it affects the government debt, and it effects my tax bill!! we have way too many women (and men) in the workforce barely making ends meet, weather they are women or men.....they need that money to survive.....it's just a matter of who has more responsibility to providing that person with the money, the amployer, who is profiting from the person's labor, or the taxpayer, who might never meet this person, probably doesn't even live in the same town, and well, probably needs that money just as badly as that empolyee does. so, while I wish that everyone out there, men or women, would start expecting their bosses to give them a living wage, and search elsewhere if they don't get it...well...
the sad fact is, the jobs aren't there for them all to do that!
I work hard for the money I earn.
I work just as hard, and is just as capable as any man in that shop...save a couple who deserve more money simply because their ability is superior to mine.
and, I need the money just as badly as anyone else in the world.
that paycheck wouldn't even support me if I was solely dependant on it, and it should!
I probably wouldn't sue, but well.....my bosses would get an earful if I found out that some of those men were making a significant amount more than I am, and justifiably so. our nation cannot afford their bias any longer!!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I recently began looking around ATS after a lengthy time away. Let me explain what is being said in Genesis 3.

Eve talked to the serpent (Satan) and was fooled because Satan twisted/added to God's Word. Well, Eve trusted Satan over what God had said, and ate of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, which was the only thing forbidden in the garden. She gave some to Adam, and he also ate. At this moment, the whole human race fell into sin, and was an enemy of God. The childbearing pains were a result of the disobedience Eve displayed. Sounds cruel, but Adam's punishment was worse.

Genesis 3:17-19 (ESV)

17 And to Adam he said, “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, ‘You shall not eat of it,’ cursed is the ground because of you; in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life; 18 thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you; and you shall eat the plants of the field. 19 By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”

So, decay, disease, and death were all introduced into the world that day because of the Fall. In addition, the original harmony God designed between husband and wife was altered. When it says that Eve's "desire" would be toward her husband, this doesn't mean a sexual desire. It means that the woman would have an insatiable need to control her husband. And when it says that the husband will rule, God is speaking of a domineering, almost oppressive rule over the wife. This is not God's original intent, but a consequence due to the Fall of Man.

God will one day restore the relationship between husband and wife when the Bridegroom, Jesus Christ, comes back for his Bride, the Church. We can read numerous texts in the Bible that speak about the original intent of marriage, such as Ephesians 5 where it says that husbands are to love their wives as Christ loves the Church and gave himself up for her. Likewise, wives are to submit themselves to their husband's servant leadership. Men and women are equal in worth, but serve different purposes. That isn't to say women do not have a role in the home or at church, but that God has designed for men to lead. In my opinion, this isn't necessarily a blessing for men, but a lot of responsibility. When done correctly, the Bride of Christ is a beautiful thing. Men, women, boys, girls, marrieds, singles, all ethnicities and cultures joining in the same purpose: to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. Unfortunately, during this time we still have to battle sin, which means that no local congregation or marriage will be without flaw. But that's where God's grace fills in the gaps we cannot. And all will be restored when Christ returns for his Bride.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Well, agreed with *your* post in its entirety!
After much prayer and trying to do what was right for my family and the values that I adhere to, I finally felt a release from my now ex husband who has chosen a life of promiscuity, drunkeness, and denial of his responsibilities as a husband and more upsetting, a father. Ultimately, I did submit when I agreed to go through with our splitting up because that was his wish.

When I say "submit" to your partner, I am not (as I have said many times over) referring to abusive situations or situations where the man is taking advantage of a woman in a way that is emotionally damaging to her and/or her children. We DO have responsibility to our children as mothers and if it comes between the well being of my children and submitting to a boy in a man's body... I no doubt will choose the well being of my children.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

[edit on 28-11-2008 by bellla198]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This is an old thread. It was never pretty to begin with.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This might be off topic, but I just gotta say every time I see this thread pop up I laugh, the title is just sounds so funny. I keep imagining opening up the thread to some woman hating man complaining about them.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I think this is all "Paul" and the Hebrew Bible. I'm more of a Gospel gal. The Gospels are very favorable towards women. That's pretty much where I'm at in my attitudes.

All that said...I used to be more of a rabid feminist in undergrad and now I am leaning sort of the other way. I had way too many anthropology and physiology classes to be knee-jerk in the Steinem-feminism sense. And...have seen too much of this world, perhaps. I've seen women with three kids walking, two on slings, working their garden and happier than most women I know in the west. They aren't stifled by a traditional role. They like the peace of a repetitive job. Incidentally, there are studies that actually prove that repetitive physical tasks are less stressful and bring more happiness to humans than those jobs that require suits and briefcases.

I think technology and civilization ruined humans. If we stayed tribal like the native Americans, for example, I would be less opposed to a traditional "role". Women and men had their roles, but they were respected and equal. Civilization took those roles and then legalized them to the point where they stopped being "equal" and became curses.

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Rintendo]

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join