It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asbo For Throwing Dogs At Passing Cars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
What a sicko, and thats only one incident out of many, I do not understand why someone would do this, or all the other sick things we hear about.

A man who threw dogs in front of oncoming traffic has been given a five-year anti-social behaviour order.

RSPCA inspector Nick Jones said Postgate once connected two dogs with a piece of twine and made them walk down a road on opposite sides of a pavement.

"If a car had come along and the driver had not seen them, it would have been devastating for the dogs,"
the instructor said.

The terms of the Asbo prevent him from threatening residents, walking down the middle of the road, possessing drugs, obstructing traffic, urinating in public, drinking alcohol in public, carrying a wooden pole or stick and owning a dog.

I dont understand what people get out of doing things like this, its twisted.

Source.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Asbo? What's wrong with a 20 year jail sentence? Or better still, a week in the stocks ......

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
What's wrong with a month in maximum security with the general prison population ?? Kids, women, animals...Hurt any of them and the harcore's will hurt you...

And rightfully so...

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Jeeez - this guy is a real party. Throwing dogs at passing cars. As a kid I threw snowballs at passing cars, but a dog?
This is one twisted, sick son of a gun.
I wonder if he's an Atlanta Falcons fan?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Personally, I think ASBO's are a bloody great waste of time. I remember when they started handing them out in wiltshire towns when I lived in the uk, to all the punks and gang kids. Didnt do a bloody thing. Personally, I agree with the rest of the group here. A stint inside would do a world of good, but then, on the flip side, they would probably learn more skills to cause more mayhem when they get out again!

Maybe a stint in solitary confinement might work!

edited for spelling!

[edit on 10-10-2007 by shaolin_dragon]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What is even sadder is that they only when for an Asbo, rather than something harsher.

We, in the Uk are often seen as a land of animal lovers, yet we have some of the worst enforced animal protection laws in the world.

An Asbo is a waste of time and public money. This man should have charged with a crime that if convicted, should have resulted in a long prison sentence.

But hay, it is the sign of the poor Governments we have elected over the last 40 years, that they have not got around to protecting citizens and animals sufficiently enough.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaolin_dragon
Personally, I think ASBO's are a bloody great waste of time. I remember when they started handing them out in wiltshire towns when I lived in the uk, to all the punks and gang kids.

Unfortunately, it may be the only 'qualification' some of these kids will ever have

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm sure there are a few dog-loving thugs who will make sure this guy gets a good "kicking" some time in the near future.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'd like to take this dirty f%$# and throw him in front of a damn train....

People who are cruel to animals will meet their end sooner or later.

and if I witness such acts I will be that end.....

Man this pisses me off

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I didn't even want to read this thread is actually made me very upset and sorry for the one line post but thats all I can add.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Cruelty to animals has always been shown to be a product of a deluded, and perhaps insane mind...
police in the area should keep an eye out for missing children or at the very least, search the guys house.

if he hasn't done so yet, he will be picking his teeth with something wretched soon...

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here in Glasgow there have been reports of gangs of kids hanging urban deer, setting fire to dogs and all other sorts of really heinous acts.

Really makes you wonder whats gone wrong with the younger generations.

scary stuff

(ps I'm only 27)

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
There was a case in the large town near to me. A young man throw a puppy put of the window of his flat for a bet. The puppy died and the man was taken to court and found guilty.

Strangely he had the crap beaten out of him several times by some very "hard and nasty" people who found this unacceptable.

It seems there is an odd code about thiefs so to speak.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think one of the precursors to hurting people is hurting animals.

Rehabilitation........propably not.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
There's a serial killer in the making if I'd ever heard of one! I've never heard of ASBO before this thread (thought it might be an UK celebrity or politician from the title alone) - but have decided from the context that it's something like "Anti-Social Behavior Order." What does this mean? Is it generally something regarded as minor as a speeding ticket, or is it more serious like drunk driving and the like?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
An ASBO for this sort of cruelty?

If I had my way I'd tie a piece of twine round his neck and the other end round a tree and take him for a drive in my car...

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHumana
What does this mean? Is it generally something regarded as minor as a speeding ticket, or is it more serious like drunk driving and the like?

Well its supposed to clamp down on Anti-social behaviour, which is classed as ASB.

But an ASBO is a Anti-social behaviour order, which is basically enforcement of the crimes committed.

ASBOs and ABCs are both comparatively recent developments designed to put a stop to anti-social behaviour by the individuals on whom they are imposed. But they work in very different ways, and these differences will inform the judgement of professionals on which of them may be the best option in any particular case.

Here are some of the listed offences.

Anti-social behaviour has a wide legal definition – to paraphrase the Crime and Disorder Act 1998, it is behaviour which causes or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to one or more people who are not in the same household as the perpetrator. Among the forms it can take are:

graffiti – which can on its own make even the tidiest urban spaces look squalid

abusive and intimidating language, too often directed at minorities

excessive noise, particularly late at night

fouling the street with litter

drunken behaviour in the streets, and the mess it creates

dealing drugs, with all the problems to which it gives rise.

But to be honest i don't think they work, i hear that's its cool to have an ASBO, a mark of respect??!
The same with gangs, members that go inside is seen as some sort of initiation, where they go in learn a bit more, gain a bit more so called respect from their fellow gang members.

What a stupid world we live in.

Source.

KTK

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
In Australia the RSPCA would have charged him and he would be in jail. I hope we never adopt the ASBO system. It seems to be a major stuff up, it seems its worn as a badge of pride amongst those groups its suppose to target.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
We live in a sick world, brother.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I thought I read the title wrong, or that it was some kind of obscure slang I'm not aware of. It sounds so surreal...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join