It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did we really descend from Apes??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

yes there are murderers, rapists, etc, but we only do these things because we have more understanding and more emotions than chimps and other monkeys.

We don’t do these things because of emotional understanding we, commit horrible acts because we want to.

Should I add that murders also happen in chimpanzee societies.

DarkSide, I understand where your going.. Yes, Chimps may also commit "murder" but do they really understand that they are? We understand, when humans commit murder, there can be hundreds of reason's.. so far when Chimps kill each other, its because of Territory.. I have never seen or heard of female chimps kill.. and I have seen too many documentaries on them to think otherwise.

Ok, so we commit things, because we just "want to".. Yes.. AND because?
Theres motive for it, whether being emotional, physical pain.. etc.

Back to topic... You asked me to prove the soul exists, I said I can prove it to you.. obviously you didn't care to read my post properly as I did with yours. I DID prove to you the soul exists.. you simply rejected my idea and my belief.. you crapped all over it, without giving it the smallest thought.
I even gave you an experiment, to try and see for yourself, depends if you have enough courage and belief to try it for yourself.

When you say "common ancestor".. what are you referring to? A normal breathing, eating, human? Common ancestor means exactly that to me.
Once again I will ask... how did all these races come to be.. please explain clearly to me so I can understand.

Did our "common ancestors" have these races to start with..or your saying that since we were forced to adapt to our surrounding environments, this is the reason for all these races? What about religion? Languages?

So...tell me this... Who and what will OUR common descendants be?
Will they be shorter, taller, smarter, dumber beings? Just throw me some of your knowledge.. I want to get more understanding of your beliefs and idea's.. I find this very interesting and I don't want to end this thread!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well if you ask me no!
But my girlfriend says I'm a caveman and a brute sometimes so maybe yes!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 1111111111111

Nope. None of that post was in any way accurate.

We descended from a common ancestor we share with the other apes (as humans are apes).

It might help you to read up on basic evolution, as it would help you to make proper arguments.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i have not read the whole thread but i will add
humans did not 'descend' from apes (we are apes) but we did not descend from Chimps either.
the current theories, be it 4 million or 6 million years ago there was a common ancestor neither Chimp or Human
Chimpanzee is a great ape like Humans are but it is a current version as we are and 4 million years ago there was not any 'chimps' to be found anywhere.
a Chimplike creature living (and all these are descended from Lemur like pro-simians)
a chimp would be out of place so many millennium ago.
what ever gave rise to both lineages had a similar body plan one branch led off to knuckle walking chimps and gorillas, and the other was more upright with the proper hip shape to allow for more bipedal movement.
now the paraphilosophical and religious debate i will stay out of in this thread.
but i hope this makes every one understand that evolution happens all the time, (like languages evolve from coast to coast mountain to valley) amongst similar people- latin is not like French or Spanish but we can find the evolution of latin to both languages.. and OE is not English today but we can trace the root back to a certain language and connections to a Germanic predecessor.
same is in modern variations of animals are not like what was here before
even the Coelocanth found in Madagascar is not exactly the same one of the fossil records although it may be fitting the same identical environmental niche and thus appear almost identical...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

no we did not come from apes or any other animals but for those who believe in the one true God who sent his son to die and take away our sins for us for those people God created us in His own image.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
couldn't it possible be... that a species simply out smarted (perhaps evolved) beyond 'man' of the day, and by outwitting the rest, bread? As is the instinct of us all? Then his/her offspring were smarter, and this cycle continued? Is this really fantasy? Accept reality, and move on to more nobel purposes.... earthlings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join