It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long Have You Had Your Avatar?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I was just curious as to how long some of you have had your current avatar? I've had my Seinfeld-Wars theme going for about 9 months now, and have resisted many an urge to change it. Don't want to lose that nYk brand value!

Anyway, how long have you had yours? Do you plan on changing it?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I`ve been using mine for over a year now. With some change to it though. I don`t plan on changing mine except for Halloween then it`ll be changed back.

Still have the two previous versions of my avatar:

-tts

[edit on 10-10-2007 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I've had my avatar pretty much right from the beginning of my stay here at ATS. I have a very hard time going with another avvy. If I do ever change it, it would be for a very short duration I assure you.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
That's the way I feel. It's kind of become part of who I am here at ATS, as I think it has with many other members as well.

I recognize a lot of members simply by their avatar here at ATS.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

i mostly used a jessica alba background (seems to have caught on since another members jacked one of the ones i made
)

ect

my current avatar is reflecting what this month is

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well...it's really hard to argue with Jessica Alba.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's been a couple years now, and I have no intention of ever changing it. It was made by chissler I think, but it's been a while and I'm not sure.

I like it when members keep their avatars because I get accustomed to just looking at the picture to see who the poster is.
I think mine stands out and easily recognizable by others, especially with the yellow background.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I'm pretty sure it's been a couple years now, and I have no intention of ever changing it. It was made by chissler I think, but it's been a while and I'm not sure.

I like it when members keep their avatars because I get accustomed to just looking at the picture to see who the poster is.
I think mine stands out and easily recognizable by others, especially with the yellow background.

Yeah it does. I feel the same way. Most of the discussions I participate in here at ATS always seem to have pretty much the same crowd in them. So I've also gotten used to just knowing who someone is from their avatar. That's why I like to keep mine the same.

That and the fact I just can't find a cooler picture..

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
My avatar...about 2 months now...too reflect my changing life and personality.
Before it was this one..designed by Mechanic32.

Any theivers of my avatar...and hell hath no fury over the vengeance I will take out on your ass!

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Ahh yes...I had you associated with that avatar.

I guess now I'll have to associate you with the new one so I can recognize you. You're one of the people I referred to who always seems to be in the same discussions as me.

[edit on 10-10-2007 by nyk537]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Oh yes I'm stalking you...kidding...
I love my new avatar..it reflects the real me better.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
my current avatar is reflecting what this month is

So that says "October"?

I was wondering what that meant.

Peace

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
My current avatar speaks for itself...

I guess my "alien" avatar is long gone... I lost the url to it and searched for a little while and couldn't find it...

so besides something special going on for ATS, I'll probably use a Pittsburgh Steeler avatar from now on

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Well it could be worse...you could use a cowboys avatar!

(p.s. I'm an Eagles fan)

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
So that says "October"?

I was wondering what that meant.

Peace

Its ramadaan :p
and funny enough it finishes this friday so its back to my fast food habit

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Has to be well over a year by now for me. I've also used Lee Marvin in his Liberty Valence role, and the dude from Office Space that had the stapler fetish. (I wath told, I WATH TOLD that the nextht time there wath cake, I would get a piethe of cake tho I'd like thome cake pleathe,...)

Just low tech ripped images. I'm way too lazy to do any actual work on an avatar. Actually, I'm even too lazy to change my avatar. Steve McQueen's my local home slice, so I'll probably stick with that. You know, "King of Cool" and all. I'm so him. Only, you know, alive.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
I'm so him. Only, you know, alive.

Well you have to be happy with that!

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Umm...I don't exactly know, been a while though.

Long enough for people to know me by it though.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I can't remember so it must be for a long time, it's probably my first and only, I like it

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Oh yeah. I can definatly tell Enjoies05 and DarkSide both by your avatars. I instantly recognize both of them and can apply a name.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join