It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Pa. man has coveted Batman comic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Link to story

A near-mint copy of Detective Comics No. 27, a pre-World War II comic featuring Batman's debut, was recently found in an attic and sold to a local collector.

I love hearing stories like this. I wish I had an attic. I bet Umbrax does too
Anyway, there is another near mint Batmam #1 in the mix

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
i once knew a guy who was a spiderman comic collector.

he had almost every issue ever made sealed in plastic, and every new issue he bought was in duplicate. one he'd read and the other would get instantly sealed in a bag (even had his own bag sealer for just that purpose)

spiderman #1 from the 60's was worth about $2500 on its own, and that was about 15yr ago when i knew the guy.
his old man started the collection when the guy i knew was a kid, and he carried it on ever since.

not that its anything on the same level, but i have quite a few mint condition early edition ninja turtle comics from the early 80's.
got many usagi yojimbo's aswell, and thats pretty much where the ninja turtles first surfaced.. samurai rabbit (usagi) meets EVIL ninja turtles.

got a few judge dredds, hes great.. always loved judge dredd comics.

(random search in civilians home late at night)

Dredd: "that wall might be hollow, check it out"
(other officer punches holes in walls) "yeah theyre hollow dredd, but nothing in here though."
innocent civilians: "i told you we have done nothing wrong."
dredd " you got a license for that gold fish?"

aah comics, one of the greatest things ever invented.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Luuucky...

I would have sold it too. I love comics but I haven;t collected anything from that era. I believe in putting things in the hands of collectors, that and I could use the cash

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I personally would have kept it... I'm a HUGE Batman fan...

top topics

join