It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horns & Halos ... Coming February 18th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
www.hornsandhalos.com...
Cinemax is running a broadcast this February 18th at 7 PM EST(?).

It sounds interesting enough to want to watch.

View The Trailer !!

In October 1999, a short article appeared in the New York Times: St. Martin's Press recalled Fortunate Son, the first published biography of George W. Bush. At the time of its recall, the book was #8 on Amazon.com�s best-seller list � no doubt due to the book's widely publicized allegations that Bush had been arrested for coc aine possession in 1972. However, Bush wasn�t the only one with a hidden past. Citing distrust of the author, J. H. Hatfield, the publisher pulled the book from stores after learning that he was a convicted felon.

Several weeks later, small underground imprint Soft Skull Press, the self-styled "punk of publishing," announced that it would re-publish the book. But getting Fortunate Son back on the shelves wouldn't prove so easy. Operating out of a tenement basement on New York City's Lower East Side, 29-year-old founder Sander Hicks struggled without significant success for over a year to get the book back into stores and into the national consciousness. After months of lawsuits, bad press, and disagreements with the distributor, Soft Skull made one final desperate attempt to make a splash at the 2001 Book Expo of America. Against the author's wishes, Hicks revealed the sources for the book's coc aine allegations, which leads to electrifying consequences.

Democracy Now! Premieres the Full Interview with Bush Biographer J.H. Hatfield Who Died 2 Years Ago of an Alleged Suicide Amidst Controversy Over his Book Fortunate Son

CLICK HERE to watch the (High Bandwidth) interview !
Today we play an interview that we have held for over three years. It involves allegations of President Bush, drugs, obstruction of justice and corporate scandal. It raises questions about why Bush�s driver license number was changed.
In the book Fortunate Son: George W. Bush and the Making of an American President author J.H. Hatfield charges that President Bush was arrested in 1972 for coc aine possession and that Bush�s father George Sr. used his political connections to have his son�s record expunged.

Soon after publication, Hatfield�s credibility was challenged. He had been convicted in 1988 for hiring a hit-man in a failed attempt to kill his boss and had served five years in prison.

J.H. Hatfield died of an alleged suicide in July 2001.

The interesting thing about the book, the movie, and the interview, is that it suggests the idea that you do not want to dig too deep, in your quest for the truth !

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Added a low bandwidth link to the interview.

CLICK HERE to watch the (Low Bandwidth) interview !

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hate to bump this, but I posted it late lastnight, and thought this may be of interest for some members at ATS. (last and only bump)

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well you know, having watched several folks on ATS express their opinions on Bush,
I am suprised that not one other member or thread has comment.

I am going to watch this to satisfy my own curiosity.

TOMORROW - 7PM - CINEMAX

Anybody have any thoughts on the author, the book, or the movie?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Is this going to be some bias bs with a spin?????

I'd like to watch it but if it's anything like the michael moore bowling for col, i don't want to watch it......

Let me know.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well it's on right now...Cinemax,...I am going to record it ,...and I am curious what it's going to be like.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So, anybody watch this ?

I found it more of a documentary on the author.

But I also found interesting the publisher, Soft Skull,

is writing a bio on the alleged main source of Hatfield's info for his book,
who completely denied his submission of info for the book, related to Bush's coc aine use.
It may be another story yet told.

A powerful statement from a man in the movie,..

...You need to always remember that people have dignity,
and that they are affected by what you do,
and that you need to be respectful....

reference to after his suicide, by a news reporter that helped to ridicule the author.

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Dude, make me a copy, I'd watch it for watching's sake.

top topics

join