It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service Attempt Assassination on Ahmadinejad?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   

The US Secret Service is investigating why one of its agents shot at the car of an agent said to be protecting Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Secret Service spokesman Eric Zahren confirmed that the agency's internal affairs unit had been tasked to probe why an agent engaged in an "accidental discharge" into the floor of the man said protecting Ahmadinejad, according to ABC News' The Blotter.

"The spokesman would not confirm the type of gun used to shoot the automobile," ABC's Justin Rood reports. "The car was parked in a "staging area," Zahren said. He noted that there were no "principals" near the site of the shooting -- security-speak for the individuals under Secret Service protection."

Two security officials told the network that the agent was protecting Ahmadinejad.

In April, the network reported on another "accidental shooting."

Two agents were shot after the accidental discharge of a firearm -- one shot in the leg, another suffering shrapnel wounds to the face. At the time, President Bush was attending the Virginia Tech convocation ceremony.

Full Story Here.

Do you think this is a legitimate claim by the source? I personally have never heard anything from the source myself and haven't seen this floating around.

Was this hush hush, spun, truly an accident, or a false news report?

[edit on 10-10-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

----------------------
replaced quote with 'ex' tags

Please read Posting work written by others

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10/10/07 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The news report in itself is fairly recent and I haven't heard a thing about it. I guess it comes down to the credibility of the source an the evidence of it implying the "accident" had ulterior motives.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I thought there may be more interest or at least speculation as to why a secret serviceman is discharging his weapon at a known guard of president we are trying to instigate a war with.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
might be the source that has people not wanting to take this serious... dunno... just a guess... and credible source with this story?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

They reference ABC News. That was part of my question about the credibility of the source. Did anyone hear anything else about this?

new topics

top topics

join