It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 Things that SHOULD be Banned -- For Anti-"What I Don't Like" Types --

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
This is for all of you people that are anti smoking, anti gun and pretty much just all for the governmental banning of anything YOU don't like.

Here is my list of 15 things that need to be banned.

15. Reality Television Shows -- Is there really ANYTHING more mind numbing and stupidity inducing than watching some "reality" show that is so far from "real" as to be pathetic? It's a shame that most American's can't name 3 of the possible Presidential candidates yet 80% of them can tell you anything you want to know about American Idol.

14. Perfume/Cologne -- Since you guys feel that smoking should be banned partly because of the inconsiderate types that want to smoke around you while you eat and you can't stand the smell, I say BAN ALL COLOGNE AND PERFUME! Why? Because some morons feel the need to bathe in the crap and I always seem to get stuck next to them anytime I am out in public. There's nothing better than eating a nice meal with a nose and mouthful of someone's Joop.

13. Alcohol -- There's nothing like a night in the ER as the result of some idiot who feels the need to get loaded and go for a drive.

12. Professional Sports -- Not only does it lead to unnecessary death and injury, it also leads to mass yelling and screaming in many restaurants. Not to mention a ton of spoiled men and women who are getting paid entirely too much for playing a kids game, yet, still find the time and need to piss and moan about it. Oh yea, and also has a habit of creating the attitude in said players that they are above the law which leads to rape and dog fighting.

11. Automobiles -- Can smoking even TOUCH the number of deaths and dismemberments that automobiles are responsible for? I think NOT!

10. Airbags -- It can save your life....or it can pop you in the face at the speed and force of a shotgun blast breaking your neck and face, crippling and disfiguring you for life. Kind of like russian roulette.

9. People with contagious illnesses in public. -- That's right. My smoke may give you cancer (doubtful), well your coughing on me is much more likely to make me sick. If you have a contagious illness, you should be fined and/or arrested for going out in public. How much LESS considerate can you be?

8. Cell Phones -- Am I the ONLY one that can't stand a moron yapping into his/her phone every chance they get? HEY MORON!! Keep the conversation at home and out of Publix. It really would be so much easier to get through that line in a timely manner if you were paying attention to the line instead of your stupid cell phone. Not to mention, I'm fairly certain no one cares about your prostate exam. The only thing worse than some idiot CONSTANTLY yapping on a cell phone is an idiot constantly yapping on a cell phone WHILE DRIVING A CAR!!

7. Tylenol -- The perfect product for you if you have a headache that just won't go away. That is as long as you don't accidentally take too many within too short a span of time. Then that headache turns into a horribly painful death as a result of renal failure. And that is TRULY a thin line.

6. Cabbage -- Because the smell when the garbage is cooking is HORRENDOUS!!! I find it difficult to eat for at least two days after accidentally walking into a place where it is being cooked. Why should I have to suffer because you like the nasty mess?

5. Spandex clothing -- Is it really REALLY necessary for me to know every INCH of your body simply from the way your clothing becomes a second skin? Not only do I not care to see your "bulge" or "camel toe", I have also noticed that most people that tend to squeeze themselves into this wonder fabric seem to have chosen it a few sizes to small. Those rolls of fat on the back of your thigh rippling under that shiny pink pair of spandex pants is not only sickening, it can also become distressingly hypnotic.

4. People from the Northeast United States -- "Yous" is not a freaking word. Also, when someone waits to hold the door open for you, the appropriate response is THANK YOU "yous" rude jokers. And yes, this works both ways. If you see a lady (or guy for that matter) coming up behind you into the Wal-Mart, stop and hold the door for them. We people in the south may have missed out on a lot of things, fortunately, politeness isn't one of them.

3. Rap, Pop and Emo Music -- It's just terrible. That's reason enough.

2. Extreme PDA -- Bedrooms and homes are good for more than just sleeping. None of us really care to see you feeling up your guy/girl in the middle of Target. Especially when it's to the point that you are basically 2 minutes from public sex.

1. Religion -- Sure, if they lock me and you up in a 3 x 3 room and I smoke non stop for 20 years, it MIGHT give you cancer or emphysema. However, your religion could likely result in me being blown apart while visiting the local supermarket. Really, is ANYTHING responsible for more loss of human life than religion? Not even counting the fights that don't ultimately result in death. Just think of how many conflicts could be avoided without the groups arguing over who's invisible man/woman/men/women is the "right" one/ones.

There are plenty of us out here who absolutely HATE most of the above things and many of them can be quite harmful to people who don't even take part in the activities. If they ban these smoking and guns for the simple fact that some of you out there don't like them and find them dangerous and "wrong", then they might as well go ahead and try to make everyone happy. Eventually, there will be nothing left to fight about.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
While I cant come up with 15 here are a few:

- spitting in public. Uggh, this one really pisses me off and its a huge health hazard (such as TB) and on top of that it is just plain gross. People should be given a huge fine if caught spitting in public if not just outright arrested.

- little kids running around out of control in a restaurant, movie theater, store, etc.

- little kids running around the neighborhood out of control screaming and yelling between midnight and 9am. Im only 19 and when I was a little kid I at least had the decency of not acting like a lunatic on the loose screaming at the top of my lungs all day.

I disagree with banning alcohol, I think that instead we just should make drunk driving and being intoxicated over a certain level into a felony rather then a misdemeanor. Drunk drivers that kill or maim should be charged with murder or attempted murder.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
4. People from the Northeast United States -- "Yous" is not a freaking word.

I think "Ya'll" should be banned too.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Here is my question:

Who is they? You? We? Us? Them?

Fingers are being pointed in all directions, yet I fail to understand who these elusive groups of people are.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

cer
They is anyone that actively protests against certain rights being taken away from people (smoking, etc) simply because they don't like them.

And yes, there are plenty of those people. Just check my "Smoker's Rights" thread.

I see it around here all the time. People are always wanting smoking banned or various other things even to the point of people trying to petition to make a guy remove the flag from his front yard.

Those people.

And in case you guys didn't notice, this thread is totally sarcastic.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Haha, I agree. At least ya'll makes a bit of since. "Yous" is just silly hahaha.

You all = "ya'll"
same as

You are = "you're"

However, I do try to refrain from "ya'll" as much as possible hahaha. Though, an occasional one will slip out. I usually try to stick to "you guys" or "you all".

Jasn

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hey now i agree with everything above... except the "ya'll".
I happen to like it.

Especially accompanied with a sexy southern accent.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Y'all is to you all, as you're is to you are.

However, I think your point is that because some people want to ban some things that you don't agree with, why not just start banning things that are just annoying to some.

That's faulty logic and is after all taking of the mind set of those who don't like to think things out and believe that correlation is the same as causation and other nonsense.

The mental midgets who note that some people are killed by guns think that killing only started when guns were invented, or at the very least killing was much harder before guns were invented, so it only follows that banning guns will make killing less common.

It might, but they also fail to note that sometimes killing is a necessity and that even if you don't need to kill someone, producing a firearm often persuades violent cowards to go elsewhere to commit their foolhardiness.

They also fail to note that guns are loud usually and that other means of committing murder are less likely to attract as much immediate attention and so even if guns were not available, knives, bats, ropes, and large rocks would still fill the bill quite effectively.

So, this is just one example of the kind of over legislating that you are, I think, trying to call attention to by listing fifteen absurdities.

So, now that you've alerted us to the near limitlessness of banning all that harms or annoys, what should we do to put an end to knee jerk reactions and return to a time when we were a nation of commoners who somehow managed to render a Constitution of the United States, replete with a Bill of Rights to ensure that the federal government did not overstep its bounds and infringe on the basic rights of citizens and people understood the difference between liberty and license?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Smoking

Drinking

Opinions

Toilet seat up

Watching what I want on TV

Spending too much time on BTS

ChiKeyMonKey

And that's just what the wife's like at home, think how bad it will be if a woman was really in power!!

This post violates all T&C's laid down by your chief supreme ruler and overlord THE LAW aka THE WIFE.

YOU ARE

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I would like to add to the list:

Political advertising on TV -- I hate an election year because they start the smear campaign commercials earlier and earlier every time.

Huh. I went into a brain freeze there for a minute. I think that's all I have for now.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
On/off topic- Ya know what I hate? I hate the 5 minutes of commercials for every 6 minutes of Smallville on CW! I mean I pay the cable bill, why do I have to deal with commercials? It means that despite the product advertised, I pay for it whether I get it or not just by paying for the privledge of watching TV!

As for the list.
15) I agree.
14) I disagree. What? I sweat when I eat!
13) Meh. I know that if they criminalized Alcohol, and de-criminalized marijuana, the only drivers on the road at 2 AM would be delivering pizzas!

12) Yeah, I agree. GO SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT!
11) Uh uh, nope! I am NOT walking my ass the 15 miles to work! Then home, then to the store. I just wish people would take their head from the personal prostate exam and read a sign or two.
10) Meh, I have yet to own a vehicle that had airbags. Old enough so cops still have to chase me too!

9) Good luck.
8) I use mine very little...but, I feel less secure without it.
7) When I was going through the first few days of my herniated discs, I was eating 24 Tylenol/Advils a DAY! No renal failure here but the nurse at the hospital almost wet herself when I told her that!

6) Good with corned beef! The smell reminds me of the early seventies when I was just a lad and Mom still cooked.
5) The men in renaissance times wore slops or a codpiece over their package. I preferred baggies myself.
4) Doesn't matter where you are from, courtesy and politeness is aquired/learned through practice. I like class in people too.
3) Country sucks! Rap is annoying at 12:00am when the kids go by with the bass all buzzing my wife's curio cabinet stuff off the shelf. I'm a rocker/bluesman myself.
2) Umm yeah. Ewww!
1) YES! As an agnostic/former Catholic I say religion is pretty much just a money/emotion game. I don't play anymore.

Cuhail

top topics

join