It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JAPANESE Satellite reaches the Moon!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Hi All,

I just thought this should be posted. The JAPAN AEROSPACE EXPLORATION AGENCY (JAXA) has released first images and news that their Moon Mission has reached orbit. The mission is called "KAGUYA" (SELENE).

Now i wonder if we can expect the same amount of airbrushing from JAXA ? Or will they release images of what the actually see ?

here is the source.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Thats great its all going to plan. I do recall reading somewhere that images wont be taken till December sometime so we might still have a bit of a wait on our hands.

Hopefully im wrong as I really am looking forward to these.

Regards

Paul

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Lets hope the cross over the original moon landing site

put to rest all the tin hatters on this issue (myself included)

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You can expect very much airbrushing if not even more then from nasa.Because the japanese have HDTV cameras onboard.If you guys remember the picture from earth in HDTV resolution the picture was taken from the japanese as the official site shows.
I hope but i think that won`t get to public a entire high resolution map of the moon.But the japanese unfortunatly care what the usa tells them to do.
Lets wait for china they don`t care what others tell them.

jra

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf

It doesn't have high enough resolution for that. Only 10m per pixel. So don't expect much in the way of seeing any Apollo artifacts. We'll just have to wait for the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter next year.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I cant wait for these images! They are going to be AWESOME!!! I wonder how much involvement Nasa will have with the distribution and "editing" of the photos? I hope they have a live vid link! will wait and see!

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
1234567 you found an interesting area of science at this site:

www.jaxa.jp...

On that site it states the following:

"KAGUYA will investigate the entire moon in order to obtain information on its elemental and mineralogical composition, its geography, its surface and sub-surface structure, the remnant of its magnetic field, and its gravity field. The results are expected to lead to a better overall understanding of the Moon’s evolution. At the same time, the observation equipment installed on the orbiting satellite will observe plasma, the electromagnetic field and high-energy particles."

It is interesting what the satelite will capture.

I hope 1234567 that they have more information (photos) from their satelite in the near future for us to look over. I'm sure if they find anything interesting it will be covered up for quite some time; until they are sure what they have, and before some other country reports on it.

Its a great link you have started, hopefully they (the Japanese) will help you broaden it.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Hi all.

Yes it is an interesting page, and mission, but i agree with you, i expect them to hold onto anything interesting they find and not release it until sanitised for public viewing.

We can only wait patiently.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Originally posted by InSpiteOf

It doesn't have high enough resolution for that. Only 10m per pixel. So don't expect much in the way of seeing any Apollo artifacts. We'll just have to wait for the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter next year.

Dman thats too bad. I was looking forward to having this issue put to rest. Oh well, i guess we wait.

BTW, good to see another Canadian here.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I was also hoping for a full disclosure of pictures by JAXA, but we have to admit that they are in bed with NASA, so I doubt we actually get anything juicy enough. Only exception might be the HD camera footage for that TV station. But then again, they can just not release the interesting stuff to them either, kinda "we missed minutes 4-10 of the retransmission.

top topics

join