It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Seen Streaking Across The Moon!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Here's another object flitting across the Moon as background. Is it a satellite?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Surely to cast a shadow across the moon of that size the craft would have to be huge - can anybody work out possible sizes based on the size of the shadow.

Just a quick idea, (i've not seen the videos yet, in work haha) if the shadow seems very blurred, its mostly likely close to the sun/lightsource. just like if you hold your hand close to a light, the shadow it casts has very little definition.

If it has some defined angles, not necessarily thick detail, but you know, a little definition it must be relatively close to the moon. Just an idea

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lost_Mind

i would like to second your post...just too lazy to type it all out.
birds..there

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
in the second video posted by Cosmic,
there's a VERY fast moving ufo. and i do mean fast.
it's in the first 13 seconds.
this is the part that caught my eye:
it emerges from under the white surface, not from a hole
nor from the other side of the moon, but from .....well it looks
like its emerging from just the white stuff on the moon.
it shows up for a split second, then disappears again, almost
immediately. very quick. it helps to view it in the largest
mode, by going to the video at youtube and clicking the box
in the lower right corner of the video interface (this
makes it basically a full screen video). in the
right quadrant, it travels from about center of the moon
and moves downwards, to the right.
we need a freeze frame of that series, to see what its
doing. because it appears from under the white, disappears
into more white, then reappears again.
that thing is really cruising.

correction edit:
it actually starts at the top left and moves across the image, appearing and fading out several times as it speeds by. i don't know if it's blurring from speed and proximity to the camera, like a bug, or if its actually submerging and re-emerging from the white areas on the terrain. may just be a bug. not sure.

Check it out at 00:13

[edit on 11-10-2007 by undo]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
in the second video that 20cosmic posted, the object isn't travelling in a straight path and I can't see that being explained as a meteor or satellite.

If you look carefully, it seems to be moving in a stair pattern, down and over, etc.. this is the ufo at 2:16 in the clip

very cool finds.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I know what it is! The US military has been flying around in space for a decade or so (hence why grounded shuttles was not a problem !) and they need to plant Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15 ,16 and 17 equipment before the chinese get there or the Japanese photograph it at high resolution.

So you're watching a large US transport vehicle planting evidence!

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 20CosmicSpiral12

It is located directly on the horizon on the far right side, about this far from the right edge" | | ". Really, all that can be seen is the lack of the background light illuminating the void of space. Basically the very thin horizon line of the moon is about three times the size at this small point.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
I know what it is! The US military has been flying around in space for a decade or so (hence why grounded shuttles was not a problem !) and they need to plant Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15 ,16 and 17 equipment before the chinese get there or the Japanese photograph it at high resolution.

Heh. If you only knew the truth, you wouldn't joke like that.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
I know what it is! The US military has been flying around in space for a decade or so (hence why grounded shuttles was not a problem !)

Planting evidence? Not exactly! But I'll bet my bottom dollar that some of these so called UFOs are black project aircraft, like the TAW-50. More of this conspiracy in a subsequent thread. Keep your eyes peeled!!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
You guys...

They are all UNIDENTIFIED. But it's likely there are mundane explanations to this. Possibly birds, bats, satellites passing the telescope field of view.

I've seen this a lot and by using compression the digital video to relay the video to the viewer they are nothing more than blurry dots without any more information to make a worthwhile investigation.

There is NO INDICATION or definite PROOF whatsoever these are intelligently controlled extraterrestrial spacecraft.

These are plainly blurry dots moving in a linear fashion in a poor quality pixelated, blurry compressed video.

Also, these videos can easily be faked. I mean real easy. It's easy to fake a blurry dot moving across using an image map and an alpha channel even a
10 year old kid can do it.

[edit on 11-10-2007 by omnicron]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
they are just going back to the moon base on the far side no big
deal there.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron

There is NO INDICATION or definite PROOF whatsoever these are intelligently controlled extraterrestrial spacecraft.

Agreed! They could be self propelled autonomous robotic craft like the Von Neuman probes!

Also, these videos can easily be faked. I mean real easy. It's easy to fake a blurry dot moving across using an image map and an alpha channel even a
10 year old kid can do it.

Ok, omni, let's see you do it! And post it right here on this thread!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by omnicron

I agree that some of this stuff can be faked. But these don't seem faked to me. If anything some of these objects could just be debris or birds or something. I'm ok with that.

But you say it's very easy to fabricate these, how would you fake this one with the shadow?

Could you show us how?

Peace.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
First I apologize for not having the link available, but I am sure I saw a post here that had even better videos that showed something going across the moon in several different videos. What was so compelling was the change in path of the object. I will have to try to find it, but the other videos are even more convincing. Though it might not have been here. It may have been a guest on Coast to Coast and his direct link. I remember it showed the whole path of the object.
[edit on 10/11/2007 by infinite8]

reply to post by infinite8

Hey Infinite,

Is this the one you're talking about, filmed by Italian Astronomers?

Here's the Thread. Some more vids there too.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

That one screams CGI! to me.

Ok ok. I don't have time to do that but I can briefly explain. This is a general basic procedure that can be applied to various 3d aplication. Map the video of the moon to a geometry plane, make another geometry plane for the ufo, use a map with a feathered alpha of it's edges, it can be simply done in photoshop by using a brush. Keyframe this object to move it wherever you like it on a timeline - in this case a linear movement. Light it up on top of these 2 geometries and adjust it according to taste - make sure shadow is turned on, there are numerous settings possible, soft hard shadow fall-off etc to make it 'realistic'. Set the UFO object's and moon plane properties not to receive diffuse light from the primary lighting. Make render tests for a few frames and adjust the attributes or settings to taste, motion blur, noise, etc.

Do a few test renders, adjust any things necessary then when everything looks good render final, add the sound in post, compress it upload it to youtube and voila! You got yourself an unintelligible blurry ufo 'thing' moving across a lunar landscape in a telescope.

You can ask any graphic artist, this is one of the easy ways to achieve although I might have left out some procedures like where to acquire the moon video - record your own or make a post effect of a moon image in Adobe After Effects or a 3d app and render it -with atmospheric temperature distortion effect applied to a timeline but it's not gonna be as realistic.
This is really 1st year level computer animation level guys...

Or you can attach a camera using camera attachment to a telescope and wait till the odd orly owl or bat, (they sometimes fly in pairs to which gives the effect of a shadow, and let the optical blur of the telescope and video compression do the rest.

And guys, guys. There are many telescopes and observatories pointed at the
moon. Don't you think this would be in the news if it was a real alien UFO? C'mon.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
MY initial reaction before reading any of the posts, was one seems to be a shadow,

One seems to be an object casting a shadow,

But one( the second Youtube posted by 20CosmicSpiral12), seems to be pulsating, did anyone else notice that?

[edit on 123131p://bThursday2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think at least one could have been a bird, since it seemed to have movement like wings flapping.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by omnicron

Screams cgi? Damn that vid looks pretty real to me quite honestly...

Sounds like you know what you're talking about when it comes to fabricating ufo vids. hehe. Don't worry I'm not insinuating anything.
Frankly I didn't understand a word you said about how to fake one.

I was always more of a visuals guy.

Peace.

edit- spelling

[edit on 11-10-2007 by 20CosmicSpiral12]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I hate to say this about these videos, but it looks like nothing but dust on the lens and bugs in the air. If they were crafts, I think they would be more sizable and have a better shape.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron

And guys, guys. There are many telescopes and observatories pointed at the
moon. Don't you think this would be in the news if it was a real alien UFO? C'mon.

Always empty words with you isnt it? Im watching an episode of sightings right now, this is one the shows that had showed footage of ufo's passing by the moon for the first time, they sure think its real enough to do an episode on it. Too many satallites in the past went missing, all cant be a coincidence.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join