It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's make fun of suicidal people! NOT!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
With the things i'm dealing with, lately I understand how someone feels when there suicidal. Ok, it's annoying when a person has to push this on other people all the time and say "Hey! I'm suicidal! But it still irks me when people make fun of the ones that have real problems. Doesn't anyone on here have depression? Feeling miserable all day get's on one's nerve's and years and years of dealing with it really gets difficult. I hated it when people would tell people to jump off bridges and poo on them for feeling that way. If we could live in a happy stress free, hallucinate free, depressed free we would. Does anyone know were i'm getting at? I'm not asking for pity, sympathy, a quick yeah I understand, or just go jump off a bride, or even omg! your crazy! I just want people who feel the same way that are tired of feeling depressed, and who feel suicdal to come forward. And to adress those who always make fun of people that are suicidal in real life, and to ask why? Remember folks, not all depressed, scizophrenic, and suicidal people don't all dress up as crazy colorfull clothing or the generic black. Most of us, you wouldn't even know if you walked past us. Hopefully everyone got that this was a heartfelt rant.

Ps: It's not ok to kill yourself, but I feel like it's normal to feel that way sometimes. Just don't give in, there's alot of good stuff in life just waiting for everyone!

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by malakiem

hi malakiem
sorry to hear you are having problems
yes there is a lot of us depressed people who look normal, me being one
and i do understand.

i had a serious motor bike accident in which for the first time in my adult life, i thought i was going to die. when i got to hospital i was told i had broke my neck but the next day i was told i had broken it a few years before but i had laid on a bed all night long thinking of the worst.
i had a lot of issues with that accident and for some reason, i could not think of how lucky i was to survive a 120mph accident, i just kept thinking of dying. not hoping for death but being terrified of it...

a few months later my ex-wife left the country with my daughter, without telling me. my heart literally fell out of my chest.

life without my little baby was unbearable. she was and is the only thing i truely love and now i didnt know if i would ever see her again.
i remember all the mornings i sat on the edge of my bed and my life falling down around my ankles. my world stopped that day.
i fell into a very dark hole and suicide was a very real option but my daughter stopped me, i needed to stay alive for her but it was a struggle some times.
i went into hospital for a while and came out a little better and i started looking for my baby, that itself was maybe harder because i kept hitting brick walls and was getting no where.
i would have spent weeks looking for her, getting nowhere and the depression getting very bad. i would fall back into that dark place again for a while and hide from everything for a few weeks and then start all over again.

a lot of people would say, stop feeling sorry for yourself and get on with life, jeez why didnt i think of that at the time, if it was that simple, i proabally would have. that really annoyed me. i was not looking for anybodies sympathy, i wanted my daughter back..
on an normal day nobody would have guessed i had depression, my sense of humour was good (maybe a little sick at times) and i looked normal..
on bad days i just hide from the world, i couldnt face it.

i suffered that life for seven years
then my daughter came and found me when she was old enough.
we now live together and have been for a number of years and we are both very happy. i still suffer depression, i think i always will but my life is worth the struggle now.

i struggled with life very badly but my daughter and the belief that tomorrow was gonna be a little better got me through.
ok, tomorrow took a long time to come but it did eventually and i am very thankful for that..

malakiem, i did know it was a heartfelt rant
U2U me if you want, just dont fall any deeper than you need to..

your tomorrow will come too

chickenfeet

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

reply to post by chickenfeet

Okay this is hard for me to write but I need to for my own good I guess.

I've seen both sides of the coin before and I'm stuck on the edge. In highschool I lost the use of part of my brain after flipping over a motorcycle. I don't feel like going into all the pity me's about it other than the following. Basically I lost memory of most of my life and use of my left side. The use of my left side has come back somewhat but what happened is something that will always be with me. Try spending a few years planning for your life then jumping off the diving board into a swimming pool with no water. That's my life. (no diving board jumping please)

I'm on medication which helps a little. I still think about suicide just about every day that I get stressed out. The medication which can help even more is not covered by my insurance.

My everyday is like going for a walk blindfolded, hoping I won't run into a brickwall. The brickwalls are all around. My wife is one of them. She has a great deal of emotional and physical problems which I have to deal with daily. I don't want to leave her but I feel I would be better off at times.

Malakiem, at least stay on the edge of the coin.

Sometimes the things that presently upset us end up being beside the point in the long run.

Anyone U2U me if you like.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
My second husband blew his brains out 37 years ago. It wasn't instant death......it took 9 long hours for him to take his last breath.

Suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do to their friends and family. I have been taking prozac for years. I live in fear that someone I know and love will commit suicide if I upset them.

My husband ended his problems but created a life of emotional problems for all his and my family and our friends.

I spit on his grave. Only a very ill person or a coward would take their own life.

Dizzie

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
^ I'm so sorry to hear that. :[

And I agree, suicide is extremely selfish. It puts an emotional burden on all your family and friends, so you can cop out.

Last year, my friend's friend committed suicide right on the campus of our school during lunch. He walked right out of the school, into the courtyard and shot himself in the head. Why? Because he had been an outcast his whole life, suffering from depression and instead of getting help from other people, he had been teased for it. He wrote all about it in his suicide letter. And all I have to say to the people who contributed to his death is that I hope this follows them to their grave.

I've been suffering from depression for 5 years now, and to tell you the truth, suicide comes across my mind every time I take my pills when I go to bed. I always think "What if I took the whole bottle tonight and never woke up?"

I dress like everyone else, I act like everyone else, and no one knows I have depression. In fact, when I told one of my closest friends, she couldn't believe it and told me I acted "too happy to be depressed".

Condemning someone for thinking about suicide or condemning someone for having depression is the most hypocritical thing someone can do. If you are upset that someone has depression, don't contribute to it! That's ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ya know? I've fought with a lot of ill feelings with all that I've gone through in life. But without going into to much detail, the thing that saved my life was a saying that my step dad told me...
"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem".
I've used that line and have possibly saved 2 other lives with it. Now the above quote may not apply to everyone, but the one thats kept me going is "Mind over mater".
Stay strong guys, I've managed to so far. If anyone needs to talk, just U2U me. Take care and well wishes.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
My husband never showed one hint of depression before he killed himself.

I have always wondered if I had known he was depressed could I have changed anything. Would he be alive today if any of his family and friends knew how he felt.

I have been to the depths of hell with my bouts of depression. It is the darkest and most hopeless feeling I've ever had. It is so very hard to pull yourself out of the hole when you fall in.

I am happy to say it will get better. It's like climbing a mountain. If you can just get a "toe hold" you can work your way back up.

Dizzie

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the post dizzie, i'm sorry to hear that. I'm sorry to hear everyone else's sadness and greif, crap i can't spell greif. Anyway, I can't offer anything in the form of advice, but post as much as you like i guess. The best way to feel better is to write and talk about how you feel. I was in a clinic about a year ago and there was a great qoute on the wall. When you live nothing changes, i think but when you die the world loses one more person. It went something like that but it was the truth. Anyway, thanks for the replies everyone *sends everyone positive thoughts*. It's hard to go through being suicidal. But when that person finally sees the strength inside of them, I think it makes all the difference. I have a weak mind, so i'm trying to change that for myself.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

tomorrow is a different day, friend

stay strong malakiem

chickenfeet

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
que the twilight zone music
i have no idea how this double post happened
tho, i am drunk

my bad