It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy phone message, need a translator!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Sorry if this is the wrong area, no other forum looked correct.

My step father was cleaning his attic and called me to an old stereo to play a tape for me. He told me it was a phone message he received in 1991. It freaked my mom out so he took it to work. The only person he knew well at the time knew that was multilingual, knew German, but the guy had no idea what language it was in.

He told me to take it to work because my company is very diverse. To me it sounds like Hebrew, I work for an Israeli company, so I am used to hearing the language. I’d take it to work, but I wanted to post it here as well.

This is the best recording I have so far, the tape fades out when you play it or pause then play it, so I wanted it on digital audio asap.
(Its in 2 parts, I had to use a free line in recorder, the windows one did not work right)

Warning, the end of the 2nd message has the F word it in, so drop the 2nd link if this is a bad thing and I will edit it when I get a chance.

members.cox.net...
members.cox.net...

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I don't know what else but 3/4 of the way through the first file, the guy starts speaking English.

"That is a total lie. It should be understood as the "artsy dead"?? principle object to attain the prevention of crime."

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Wow -- im not multilingual but I'm good at telling some of the European languages from films -- so I thought i'd give it a try.

I really have no idea, I am sorry. Parts of it sounded a bit Hebrew like you said, but others didn't sound like much of the Hebrew i heard as a child. Perhaps Yiddish? Other parts I thought were maybe Arabic or Persian, then a few phrases sounded French, to me.

Its not Chinese or Japanese, but what about Burmese, Thai or Vietnamese?

Sorry, i wish i could be of help.

Did i hear a few english words in there though? Like 'Robert Peel'?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hi it's dutch !

or at least someone not dutch trying to speak dutch

im dutch, but i can't really understand what he's saying only snippets.
first part i believe is about how crime is an unavoidable part of society.

Might want to find other dutch people who understand it better.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by colourinthemeaning
Its not Chinese or Japanese, but what about Burmese, Thai or Vietnamese?

I can say with 100% certainty it's not a South East Asian language; the phonemes are all wrong. If you ask me, it sounds Dutch. But then the only Dutch I've heard is from Tiesto concerts or Armin van Buuren radio shows.

Edit: Yeah, looks like someone else who actually speaks Dutch thinks so too. (post above)

[edit on 10-10-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Thanks guys, and thanks much Zenagain. I noticed some english words in it, but didn't listen to it closely enough to catch the full sentence. Off to find a dutch translator!

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The guy definitely sounds like he is from asia, but as for the language I dont know I can almost make out some german words or atleast that's what it sounds but that's stretching it he's talking to quietly.... I hope someone on ats can translate it for us!

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
have you tried playing it backwards might have a message?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by evilclould11
have you tried playing it backwards might have a message?

thas a good idea maybe it is backwards.

have yo also throught it might be a dead laungage like latin (i think latin is classed as a dead langage)
what dead langages are there in arabic countries?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I went ahead and posted it on a dutch forum. I got this reply

I'm reasonably sure that it's Afrikaans. I can't decipher it all but it sounds like he's revising for his police studies exam or something. Hopefully someone can improve on it but this is about as far as I could get with the first messsage:

Crime is an unavoidable part of all ??? that exist. Right from the earliest times, society was aware of this and ??? was common in order to defend a community against ????????????.
??????? of the concern of the early police is apparent from the first instruction given by Sir Robert Peel at the formation of the Metropolitan Police in 1829. This was as follows: It should be understood at the outset that the principal object to attain is the prevention of crime.
It was already ????? in 1880 for communities to protect life and property.

help.berberber.com... glish-please.html#post180999

A quick google search on Afrikaans says its a descendent of Dutch and is spoken mainly in South Africa. Off to find a new translator.

[edit on 10/11/07 by Cyprex]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyprex
A quick google search on Afrikaans says its a descendent of Dutch and is spoken mainly in South Africa. Off to find a new translator.

You can ask Gemwolf. I'm quite certain he speaks Afrikaans. Why don't you U2U him?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
thought i would look at it since i know a bit of french and japanese. my first thought was there are a lot of sounds in there that sound german. but since it's not german then i'm pretty sure it would be dutch as they share a lot of the same pronunciation. seems others have determined that as well. let us know what you find out!

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

U2U sent! Thanks Beach.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyprex

My step father was cleaning his attic

Sounds wierd, the first thing that popped into my head was a german guy saying things in english and german, then i thought maybe it was some foreign agent who got a wrong number and left some wierd message as a communication.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Yep. It's Afrikaans all right. I listened to it, and frankly I have no idea what the guy is trying to say. I understand everything - the words - but the collective idea is just gibberish. It sounds like he's reading the whole thing - and he isn't a good reader at all. The basic theme of the piece is "crime". The earlier translation (from the Dutch Forum) is pretty accurate here's the blanks filled in:

Crime is an unavoidable part of daily existence. Right from the earliest times, society was aware of this and from the earliest times attempts were made to get the community involved with crime prevention. For example the concern of the early police is apparent from the first instruction given by Sir Robert Peel at the formation of the Metropolitan Police in 1829. This was as follows: "It should be understood at the outset that the principal object to attain is the prevention of crime."

Already in 1880 the early communities already had the need to protect life and property. This community cell ***end of first clip*** patrolled the streets at night. ***The next part of the sentence is complete gibberish which I can't make out*** Districts turned into areas of healthy and constituted social [???]. Hope you don't know what the **** I'm talking about, but you'll know one day.

So sadly there is nothing "evil" or "malevolent" in the message (except for the last English sentence). So here the mystery is not the message per se, but why it was left and by whom.

Hope that clears up some part of the mystery.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Nice work Gemwolf

I wonder if you could write it in Afrikaans too, perhaps it's a code? since it's spoken in Afrikaans and the end is in English maybe there's some pattern to the Afrikaans words?
Or maybe to the translated English words too.

edited to say

maybe i'm just barking up the wrong tree.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by MrDead]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Thanks Gemwolf! It’s nice to know the message was not meant to be threatening.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I will attempt to extract a code or algorithm from the quote gemwolf made from it. I doubt I can successfully with part of it not understandable. Gemwolf, can you take another listen and are you SURE you cant understand that part? It sounds from the last sentence that it could be critical in events today.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It was just some South African person playing a prank call. Nothing to worry about.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by DraconianKing]

top topics

join