It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telephone Mystery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Has anyone ever picked up the receiver of an old phone that wasnt even plugged in, and heard a weird nose? I remember playing with an old phone that was in my grandmas closet, and i put the phone to my ear, and heard a couple quick beeps. These beeps kept repeating every minute or so. I couldn't figure out how it was making this noise, since it had been in the closet for who knows how many years. My brother in law has experienced the same thing when he was younger, but the noise the phone made was a buzzing sound.
How can a phone make noise after being unplugged from the phoneline for a long time , and not even have any batteries? This has puzzled me for a very long time.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
No. But when I was walking my dogs this afternoon I saw one pitched in the middle of the front lawn outside an affluent house. Probably kids playing but it made me wonder....bad news?, etc.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
No. But when I was walking my dogs this afternoon I saw one pitched in the middle of the front lawn outside an affluent house. Probably kids playing but it made me wonder....bad news?, etc.

Maybe you could go to the lawn phone at the affluent house, pick up the receiver, and tell us what you hear.

"Get off-er my property" - Cletus

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Really it sounds quite weird.

Maybe there was still a little electric energy stored in the telephone circuit,or another form energy was converted into electric energy somehow.

I think not it is a joke played by ghosts.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Sorry Smokey, hands tied up with a 60 and 80lb wolfhound. I'll give you the addy and you get back to us on that k.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hi chilled voodoo, it sounds similar to an experience i had with a TV. I had unplugged it before i went to bed as there was likely to be a storm that night and after about 10 mins my eyes had adjusted to the dark and I could see a small white square flashing really faintly in the corner of the screen. I watched for a bit and finally got out of bed and went right up to the screen to look and it was definitely a flashing square. It was very dim as i could see it better from the corner of my eye!

That has puzzled me for a while as I know that the CRT can store some elecricity after the power has been cut and i often get the green dot but this flashing square was weird as it must have been there for a reason??

Maybe related in some way?... not you and me, i mean the experiences lol

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Capacitors.

They can hold a charge for a really surprisingly long time.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
A capacitor would not emit any sounds, a beep or a flash in some sort of sequence must be there for a specific reason. Are there even capacitors in modern telephones?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Capacitors are used in almost all electronic devices. Including all telephones. While I don't discount some fiendish plot or otherworldly event, it's a simpler and plausible explanation. (Occam)

new topics

top topics

join