It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Explanation Of Hell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
this is purely a Christian doctrine

Please if you do not belive in hell, or you hold to another doctrine
please do not start in on this thread

If however one has a credible question ABOUT the doctrine

thats fine

Judgment and Rewards
« on: October 06, 2007, 07:14:31 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "Bema seat" (or judgment seat) was an elevated seat, located in Corinth. At this seat in the square, Roman magistrates would sit and administer justice. Athletes may also have appeared here and received rewards for having distinguished themselves.

If a person is unsaved and dies in their sin, they will be judged at the "great white throne judgment" following the Millennium. If a person is a born-again believer in Jesus, they will be judged at the "judgment seat of Christ." Salvation is not an issue at this judgment. Their sins have already been forgiven. A person might then ask, how will we be judged? and for what will we be judged?

At this judgment, we must give an account of our life and what we did or did not do for the Lord. The believer's service to God will be reviewed and rewarded. For his lack of service or doing certain things, he will suffer loss. We will be held responsible for the things we did in our body. Every hidden thing will be made known. Every secret thing we said will be proclaimed; nothing will be hid. All believers must appear before this judgment seat.

2 Cor. 5:
10: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Romans 14:
10: But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11: For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12: So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Some people will receive crowns in heaven as a special kind of reward for their sacrificial living while on earth.

The twenty-four elders seated around God’s throne wear golden crowns and white garments (Revelation 4:4).

While we don’t know the identity of these individuals or even exactly what the crowns represent, we do know these people overcame intense difficulties. The Greek word used for "crown" in this passage is stephanos: a victor’s crown.

Five different crowns are mentioned in Scripture:

The imperishable crown for those who exhibit disciplined lives (1 Corinthians 9:25–27).

The crown of rejoicing for those who lead others to Christ (1 Thessalonians 2:19–20, Philippians 4:1).

The crown of righteousness for those who love his appearing (2 Timothy 4:Cool.

The crown of glory for those who faithfully shepherd the flock (1 Peter 5:2–4).

The crown of life for those who overcome spiritual battles (James 1:12, Revelation 2:10).

The above list is probably more suggestive than it is exhaustive. God may hand out crowns to many other faithful believers and for many other purposes. These crowns won’t be awarded so we can show off our earthly accomplishments. Nor will they be for the purpose of making a fashion statement. I believe that these crowns signify different positions and assignments throughout eternity.

1 Thess. 4:
14: For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15: For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16: For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lor

[edit on 9-10-2007 by agoodshot]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
17: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18: Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Rev. 20:
4: And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them:

and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

John saw thrones and they sat upon them, AND HE SAW the souls of them who had been beheaded and they lived and reigned.

The dead in Christ whom the Lord brings with Him, and we which are alive and remain caught-up to EVER be with the Lord!!!!!

5: But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6: Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

THE SECOND RESURRECTION:

11: And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12: And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13: And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14: And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15: And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

There are no LIVING before the Great White Throne!!!!!!

None of the Righteous Dead in Christ before the Great White Throne!!!!

John 14:
2: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3: And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by agoodshot

Thank you for this interesting post. I agree with much of what you said, disagree with a little and found your teaching on the crowns terrific as it was new to me.

If a person is unsaved and dies in their sin, they will be judged at the "great white throne judgment" following the Millennium. If a person is a born-again believer in Jesus, they will be judged at the "judgment seat of Christ." Salvation is not an issue at this judgment. Their sins have already been forgiven. A person might then ask, how will we be judged? and for what will we be judged?

It's true that if one dies in an unsaved state they will be judged at the end of the millennium but they will taught during the millennium and judged on the works they performed during that time. (Rev.20:13) You hate to call it a second chance because so many never had a chance to begin with, considering what is being taught today.

At this judgment, we must give an account of our life and what we did or did not do for the Lord. The believer's service to God will be reviewed and rewarded. For his lack of service or doing certain things, he will suffer loss. We will be held responsible for the things we did in our body. Every hidden thing will be made known. Every secret thing we said will be proclaimed; nothing will be hid. All believers must appear before this judgment seat.

2 Cor. 5:
10: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

That scriptures brings up a question. The sins one is judged for have to be the sins that one hasn't yet repented of.

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the LORD;

If we repent they are blotted out and won't be brought up again.

Some people will receive crowns in heaven as a special kind of reward for their sacrificial living while on earth.

The twenty-four elders seated around God’s throne wear golden crowns and white garments (Revelation 4:4).

While we don’t know the identity of these individuals or even exactly what the crowns represent, we do know these people overcame intense difficulties. The Greek word used for "crown" in this passage is stephanos: a victor’s crown.

Could the 24 elders be the 12 apostles and 12 sons of Jacob/Israel that make up the 12 tribes of Israel?

Five different crowns are mentioned in Scripture:

The imperishable crown for those who exhibit disciplined lives (1 Corinthians 9:25–27).

The crown of rejoicing for those who lead others to Christ (1 Thessalonians 2:19–20, Philippians 4:1).

The crown of righteousness for those who love his appearing (2 Timothy 4:Cool.

The crown of glory for those who faithfully shepherd the flock (1 Peter 5:2–4).

The crown of life for those who overcome spiritual battles (James 1:12, Revelation 2:10).

The above list is probably more suggestive than it is exhaustive. God may hand out crowns to many other faithful believers and for many other purposes. These crowns won’t be awarded so we can show off our earthly accomplishments. Nor will they be for the purpose of making a fashion statement. I believe that these crowns signify different positions and assignments throughout eternity.

I have never heard that taught before......thank you.

................Whirlwind

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Interesting.

I fully believe the physical relm is hell.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whirlwind
It's true that if one dies in an unsaved state they will be judged at the end of the millennium but they will taught during the millennium and judged on the works they performed during that time. (Rev.20:13) You hate to call it a second chance because so many never had a chance to begin with, considering what is being taught today.

Please clarify something here.
Someone who dies and is unsaved gets a second chance at life during “the Millennium”?
For example: A South American native, born in 200 A.D. Never had the chance to hear the “Good Word”. He lives a life of savagery: killing and stealing as he sees fit for survival. Breaks all the Ten Commandments and then some.
Is he literally resurrected during the “Millennium”? Does he get a literal second chance at living a good life?
Furthermore, if he is resurrected during said Millennium: does he know that this is a second chance? If not, why should he behave any differently? If he does know that he is under the reign of Christ, why should he not behave?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
PASSENGER

Please clarify something here.
Someone who dies and is unsaved gets a second chance at life during “the Millennium”?
For example: A South American native, born in 200 A.D. Never had the chance to hear the “Good Word”. He lives a life of savagery: killing and stealing as he sees fit for survival. Breaks all the Ten Commandments and then some.

Is he literally resurrected during the “Millennium”? Does he get a literal second chance at living a good life?

Furthermore, if he is resurrected during said Millennium: does he know that this is a second chance? If not, why should he behave any differently? If he does know that he is under the reign of Christ, why should he not behave?

There are two judgments. The first takes place when Christ returns.

Revelation 10:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse; and He That sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He doth judge and make war.

He cleans house first....all evil rudiments are burned. He then judges but it is not the eternal damnation judgment. He judges as to what side of the gulf each soul will spend the millennium. On one side are those that followed Satan and on the other are those that will teach the others.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them; and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5.But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

The "dead" there are the spiritually dead. Their souls are very much alive and will be taught through the millennium, without the influence of Satan.

So....on one side are those who throughout this earth age didn't chose to follow Christ or God's word or those that have not heard about His Word. Others there will include anyone, Christians too, that mistakenly follow Satan at the end of this age when he comes to earth pretending to be Jesus. Many will follow him.

Those that have not been taught about Christ or God's law will be judged on their very nature:

Romans 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

However:

Romans 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

14.For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

Each of us, whether we have been taught or not, know right from wrong and will be judged accordingly. So a savage that kills will be judged accordingly, as will those who know the law. Also, those that didn't know the law but lived a righteous life will be judged accordingly. Judgment can be good as well as bad.

At the end of the millennium:

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8.And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea

God gives all (and I assume that would mean even the very evil) a chance to make the decision without Satan's influence.....but as 20:8 states...there are many that will not receive that salvation. Their choice. Then:

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire

As to your last question - I don't know if they will KNOW it is their last chance. They will know there is a God and is a Christ as Christ will be with us then. Think about the Exodus when God led the Israelites across the desert for forty years. He fed and clothed them, parted the Red Sea, led them with a pillar of fire, etc., etc.....They KNEW but what did they do? The golden calf made an entrance. Satan is very, very strong and he entices many.

Human nature is incomprehensible at times, isn't it?

............Whirlwind

new topics

top topics

join