It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you seen the Movie "Shooter"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This film with Mark Wahlberg as the lone patsy blamed for an assasination attempt against the president has in it some very provocative set-ups, for example, the operation he was tricked into participating in was run by and unknown agency or underground faction presided over by a senator from Montana-many of the officers shown during the shoot-em up scenes wore unconventional uniforms-like private security companies, an FBI agent is kidnapped and tortured by these same "contractors"...so I guess I am wondering why this particular film got made at this particular time.

We conspiracy loving folks would have no problem finding this scenario plausible, but why is hollywood allowed to present it to the public? I wonder if this is purposeful propaganda getting people ready for the eventual civil war, disenchanted soldiers coming home and tearing up the pea patch, blackwater goons restoring the order and the rest getting caught in the crossfire or staying home with the windows boarded up.

The actors involved in the project are of the leftist variety, Danny Glover, Ned Beatty, etc. Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Consider this a Bump. I just saw this film on one of the movie channels. Great movie. I came here expecting to find a well discussed thread on the matter, but this one post is all I found. I would like to hear some back and forth on things in the film. Anyone else seen this and have comments?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Who plays in the movie, so I can look it up online?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

Mark Wahlberg. He plays a retired Marine sniper who is made to be a patsy in a presidential assassination attempt. Very JFK-ish.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I love "SHOOTER'. I am an avid fan of director Antoine Faqua who's previous works include, "TEARS OF THE SUN" and "TRAINING DAY". He once mentioned in an interview that he wanted to do a 9/11 conspiracy film, but the studio got quite upset so he lashed out and made "SHOOTER' as a direct link to the Kennedy assassination. Check out the 2007 flick and line up the names of the characters in relation to the Kennedy events. Also be on the look out for the 9/11 commission Report in the film...lol.

Great film. Great cast. It has NWO written all over it. There are a few existing threads here on our beloved ATS! Cheers...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Thank you!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I searched again and did pull up a couple of threads on this movie, but they didn't really seem to go anywhere either.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It's made by paramount pictures, so.

top topics

join