It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the U.S. real have any 'Friends?'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Was just thinking about this. All these different countries helped out in Iraq I & II. But you never hear a peep out of them in support of the U.S. well, Great Britian, but the u.s. and G.B. are sort of the same county???

It seems that alot of countries will support the U.S. in small ways as long as we give the millions$$ in some type of aid...but that support does not include saying good things about the U.S. in public.

The u.s. uses its $$ to manipulate other countries. How long can that last before enough countries say 'enough is enough' We seem to be making more enemies today and these enemies smile and say thank you as they load the gun under the table.

I saw a bumbersticker the other day...'We are makeing more enemies than we can kill"
a couple of links for a little thought www.guardian.co.uk... www.newsmax.com... www.miami.com...
So, what do u think, do we have any freinds??

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Welcome to the world of dog eat dog.

I suppose England is really the only true friend who actually helps without considering monetry gain. But certinaly many other countries are just "fairweather friends". all the eastern europe countries in Iraq have been paid handsomly, Germany etc will get consessions doing business in Iraq.

There are no real "friends " in international politics, only strategic interests....

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
What about the great bitch to the south, Australia?

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Who really has friends?

Try lending someone a lot of money for example?

Trust your girlfriend to them?

Think that they would never diss you behind your back?

I can't believe the nieve comments about global politics as though people do not understand the facts of life at all. It is tough out there and when you are number one everyone hates you or loves you.

There are many people that like the US, I guess you don't know any of them.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well, for starters, Australia is also our friend on top of the UK. But then there are the rest of them in the coalition. Although other countries may be supporting us, they're not big enough "world players" to get american media coverage.

For example, check out some foriegn news organizations from the coalition nations. It takes some searching, but you can find how their government feels about Iraq.

Ex:
Dnmark:
denmarknews.net/

Kuwait:
www.kuna.net.kw...

Palau:
www.insideoceania.com...

Go to www.whitehouse.gov... to get a list of the countries which supported us in Iraq, and then do a search on google or dogpile for that country's news. Most of them, (including Kuwait) have an english version, but sometimes you really have to search. We have many friends, but it's our detractors who get the media play. Because they sit closer to the front in the UN, and who cares what Ethiopia thinks? They're just a bunch of poor starving black people

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Who really has friends?

I do, all my life.

Try lending someone a lot of money for example?

Many a time, and the favour was returned. Money was always paid back, that's what friends are for.

Trust your girlfriend to them?

Absolutely, no reason not to.

Think that they would never diss you behind your back?

Nothing that they haven't already said to my face first, and vice versa. Again that's what true friends do.

I can't believe the nieve comments about global politics as though people do not understand the facts of life at all. It is tough out there and when you are number one everyone hates you or loves you.

There are many people that like the US, I guess you don't know any of them.

Seriously though, I think it's the stupidest thing I've ever heard to say that a country is friends with another country, it's not exactly the right word is it?
There are many variables for and against it, that being mainly people.

Oh and THENEO, the facts of normal life do not apply to Global politics at all, and it is naive of you to think so.

I remember there being alot of crap floating about this country when the war kicked off. If you were against it then it was most likely you were Anti-American. Eventually are reply was heard which was "No my dear boy, we are ANTI-BUSH".

Why would I hate people I've never even met? The only people I could really say I hate are those pro-life christian people. When I see them on the TV or wherever they knock me physically ill, you don't get much more evil than them.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Junglejake, those countries are only "friends" beacuse of the economic or military help that America provides.

If america was a poor little 3rd world country, like Ireland, how much do you those countries would help them?

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
In my opinion...
Australia and the UK and too a certain degree Canada are the only true friends the US has.
The rest are psuedo-friends (as long as they get their $$$...) OR out right enemies...

Again, just my opinion~

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Countries aren't. I would agree, however with the spirit of other posters saying the UK, Canada, and Austraila are peers of the US, but only in so far as their interests serve US interests.

"Friends" is the delicate term reserved for either countries you OWN like Japan or that function 100% as your biotch like South Korea or Mexico, and increasingly India.

You'll also find your worst enemies are most frequently held near and dear and refered to as close friends like Saudi Arabia and China. We couldn't get more friendly with those thug nations if we tried.

The converse of "friends" is they do oppose you (unlike peers) as with once close friends Germany and France, as the US at one time pretty much owned both.

Russia is still a "friend" in that regard as they got whooped in the cold war and remain somewhat too dependent to dissent. The goal of these contrary compatriates like France, Germany and Russia is to become independent peers. The goal of the US is to keep them compliant and "friendly". Being a friend of the US is not necessarily a good thing.

Just ask our best friend from the mideast in the 80's, Saddam.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
In geopolitics there is no friendship. Only power and money.

If you want friends, get the hell outta politics.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I dont know about the UK, or Canada. But they do seem friendly towards the US.

But i know us in Australia are damn friendly towards the US. And it's not because of money.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
We're talkin about governments.

The peopleof those countries are mostly friendly with us and vice-versa. Most of us share a common heritage. Way back that is.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Global politics is also about people to a degree, we are still people and not yet robots, thus personalities do clash at times.

I agree that Canada, Britain and Australia and probably New Zealand have some affinity for the US. The closest country to the US is actually Canada for many obvious reasons. But the UN and globalist cabal have done their best to drive a wedge between Canada and the US at every opportunity.

Our new unelected Prime Minister (and you think you have democratic problems in the US?), is now starting to show his pro UN and globalistic colors this past week. He is not openly kissing up to the UN like his predecessor did too.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
If you are talking about the people of the US then yes, the US has friends - many of them. Most of the people in the world want peace and stability and are willing to live in harmony with other countries. It is only when those people are screwed around by politicians that tension, unrest and war ensues.

So yes, the US people have many friends. The US Government has very few - The Australian Govt, The Canadian Govt and the arse kissing Tony Blair spring immediately to mind.

[Edited on 25-1-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
If you are talking about the people of the US then yes, the US has friends - many of them. Most of the people in the world want peace and stability and are willing to live in harmony with other countries. It is only when those people are screwed around by politicians that tension, unrest and war ensues.

So yes, the US people have many friends. The US Government has very few - The Australian Govt, The Canadian Govt and the arse kissing Tony Blair spring immediately to mind.

Well said, Pisky. Time to take my last shot of Mezcal and hit the rack. The rug rat gets up way too early.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The government of the UK is friends with the US, yes, but most people here hate it. Did you see the numbers of protestors in London when Bush visited? Probably not, because your media sensors it.

There's no real wonder though, seeing as Bush demanded that the entirity of central london be closed down to allow Bush to stay safely in Buckingham palace, something which is utterly outrageous. If you were to close down central london, which Lord Mayor Ken Livingstone wouldn't allow, bless him, then our economy would essentially grind to a halt!

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'd count England, Australia and those wacky Canadians(except for those pea soup eating french-canadians)\

top topics

join