It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This day in History - North Korea Nuke Launch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com...

October 9, 2006 was the first test of North Korea's nuclear program. For anyone who thinks the US technology can protect us all - try blocking a nuclear warhead.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I dont get this obsession by Americans... you see threats everywhere. Just because someone CAN attack you doesnt mean they will.

Just think of how the middle eastern countries must feel with the US around...

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm sure they're chomping at the bit to launch two or three of those over here and do a little damage, while we turn around and obliterate them. Not that I would condone either action, but I think it would be about the reality of the situation.

I, as an American, don't see any threat from other countries having nuclear weapons, as long as they fully realize the impact and consequences they can have. It's similar to the theory that if everyone carried a gun, there would be less petty theft, as who wants to rob an armed man/woman and risk getting shot?

North Korea felt ignored and so they got themselves a couple nukes, and now we're dealing with them rationally. A nuclear program, these days, seems to be a right of passage into the mainstream. "Come on, all the cool kids are doin it!"

-Warlo

new topics

join