It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our 3 dimensions will become 4 and time goes bye bye

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Oh god. Here we go again. This happens every bloody year. And then the named year of the apocalypse goes by and nothing happens. Then we all laugh at the idiots who killed themselves so their souls could be carried away by the spaceship behind haley's comet.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by POKEMANS]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
...on this topic -- I think we're going to literally SEE other areas of space since our Milky Way galaxy is going into a "galactic equator" position, also, hinging on a "dark rift" which supposedly this black hole sits. Maybe we'll be able to see the black hole on certain areas of Earth.

Also, the 'recent post' tab at the top, middle of the page is an excellent way to navigate thru ATS. I saw a posting about complaints/ways to improve the site, thought to chime in on this main page thread.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by POKEMANS

Who said anything about the apocalypse?

Just because the laws of nature are going to be rewritten doesn't mean it's the end of the world.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
my guess is that we wont notice it, that it will be like the blink of an eye, but really a gajillion years will have passed, but ill still be sitting at my computer, or reading a book and nothing will go wrong except i blinked for twince as long

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Now, here's a great way to look at the universe. Tear four sheets of toilet paper off of a roll, and fold them over on each other. Each of the four represents a dimension, Okay?

Now...the roll you tore them from...THERE IS THE TRUTH!!

[edit on 15-10-2007 by Toelint]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
Yep that's right, time will flip and the pink fluffy unicorn will appear to share it's love with the hairless apes...

Carnt argue with you there. We have 3 dimensions ? who says >? our scientists, o well they must be right. There could be thousands of dimensions that we dont know about. nearly every theory about space is just 'theory', its just what they think, they've never actully beeen out there or have hard hard evidence.

ProTo

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Carnt argue with you there. We have 3 dimensions ? who says >? our scientists, o well they must be right. There could be thousands of dimensions that we dont know about. nearly every theory about space is just 'theory', its just what they think, they've never actully beeen out there or have hard hard evidence.

ProTo

Well,actually,our present known universe is a Four dimensional one
3-D=space=height+width+depth
and the Fourth one=Time

The idea behind space-time is that time is perpendicular to each of the three spatial dimensions.Usually we label them as (t,x,y,z).Even the superstring theory which strives to be an "All-in-one" theory considers a maximum of 10 dimensions.and getting "hard" evidence of "space" can be quite ,um,hard

i suggest you watch this uber-cool video.it'll clear any doubts you have,as for the topic ,i really cant imagine how could anyone define anything without considering time since almost everything we know today incorporates it somehow.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by xenomorph07]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
the truth is only some 'enlightened ones' will go thru in 2013, rest i am sure will have a brain washed system running and these 'enlightened ones' will run in groups finding for the truth and sacrifice.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
can someone explain this to me , as a child if you would. what will happen to us , what does it mean that time will no longer exist? if we are frozen will we be aware? can we live function if time stops but other dimensions do not?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone knows, I am not a physicist, but when they say that time will become another space like dimension like our other 3 dimensions I have would think we would be able to travel through it as we do our other 3 dimensions. Does anyone else have any ideas on this, also did I miss where they said WHEN this might happen?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
For the third time, they're *not* saying it's going to happen! It's a mathematical observation about how different sets of equations behave when given values very far from what we actually see. It says nothing at all about what's going to happen in our universe. This paper is only of any interest to a certain subset of theoretical physicsts and mathematicians.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jim_w

well this quote from the abstract led me to believe it may happen

might simply be an indication that our braneworld is about to change from Lorentzian to Euclidean signature

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
He's talking about the universe approaching a singularity - i.e. something akin to a big crunch - the end of the universe. He says that *if* certain theories are correct (theories for which there is no evidence) then a certain type of singularity (which won't happen for billions of years) which conventional physics would be unable to explain - it would "look like" a catastrophic collapse of space-time - can be interpreted differently.

We think that the universe is expanding, and it may be accelerating in its expansion. If it is accelerating, then it can't keep accelerating for ever - eventually it has to reach some kind of limit, which may be a singularity: an event where the known laws break down. If this is going to happen, it won't happen for billions of years. *If* it does happen in this way and *if* string theory turns out to be right, then this type of singularity would, mathematically, be equivalent to what he's talking about - getting four spatial dimensions and no time. That's all he's sayin.g.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jim_w

and if we had 4 space dimensions would we be able to travel through the 4th (new) dimension the same way we travel in our present 3?

I didnt realize that "is about to" = billions of years in geek speak. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Your guess is as good as mine (or probably the author's!) when it comes to what a 4-d world would actually be like. The mathematics is easy to work out, but how we'd actually experience it is something no-one can say unless it actually happens.

The "about to" bit is a bit confusing, but it refers to the situation *if* this singularity happens. I.e. if we see this really weird thing happen, then we're about to see blah. These kinds of papers aren't written to be understood by non-scientists, so the basic explanatory stuff is often unclear. The intended audience will read that quickly then skip to the meat of the paper to find out what it actually means, but if you don't understand the meat then the abstract can be a bit misleading.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'd like very much to experience this event! It's easy enough to find websites which depict such simple things as four-dimensional cubes and spheres, but how does one interpret something as complicated as a mountain range or for that matter, something as "simple" as the leaves on a tree four-dimensionally? Well, if time disappears, I guess we'd have forever to figure it all out...right?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
reply to post by NathanNewZealand

I seriously cant wait for this... Im very excited about it. And yes, if nothing happens I will get very disappointed of course. But I do believe something will happen. There are too many different sources talking about it to just say "no, its nothing".

And I personally feel a strong urge to just "reboot" this world. It will only get worse with the current path mankind is on. Imagine 50 years from now or 100 years from now when you can wipe out a continent by clicking a button. Or other new weapons. The ones we have today are already horrible enough.

What about cloning, mind control, cybernetics, weather control and so on... I mean, god, who would want to live 50 years from now? Anyone believe in a good future? I know I dont.

There is no way humans will survive their technology without also having a spiritual development. Unless you enslave us all and build a new world order where we are nothing more than uneducated workers.

[edit on 10-10-2007 by Copernicus]

what abouut all those things? they are the mark of us becoming a greater civilization where we no longer evolve physically but mentaly if what the op says happened we'd be "frozen" in time if not hen hell yeah id love to be here 100 years from now the technology would be amazing you just have to put a little faith in man hard to do yes it is but from where im sitting we are our best bet

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
oh and on another note the idea of multiple dimensions is at best a philosophy and the fact that there will never be imperical data to support it i would have to say its probably wrong i mean com'on its just to convienient that these other dimensions that may contain other universes cant be measured because they have decohered from our range of interperatable wavelengths i to was once thrilled to no end by string theory and m theory but science is based on imperical data and the numbers here dont exsist.... a much better candidate for the ToE is universal holigraphy

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join