It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dating again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
hey well i left my wfie cuz she was cheating on me about a year ago, and i think i'm pretty much finished working out trought all that bs unfortunatly she got custody of my daughter but anyway now she is stuck with all of the work of raising here and i am free to do what i want now.

the thing is we are only separated and everyone knows us pretty, word gets around and i'm kind of mixed up cuz we're in the same dance group and i like someone there but i havent made a move cuz its kind of weird for me and my ex keeps looking at me like she want to talk to me since i havent spoken to her in a long time now.

dont feel bad for me cuz my life with her was pretty hellish and i needed a good reason to leave her and she helped me out of that one the only thing i miss is having daughter by mi side

so i need some opinions people

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hi,

I hope you take this the right way, as I mean well.

I was in a similar situation years ago. I decided that I didn't want to be married anymore and left. My daughter was 4 at the time. There was my "wife" alone to raise my daughter. However I didn't think of it that way. That was my little girl and I just had to be a part of her life.

So yeah while you are free to do what you want, you will always be a father. Take every moment you can to talk to your daughter and be with her. Whatever you do, don't fight or argue in front of her.

I live 5 hours away from my daughter and it's tough. I wish I could see her every day, but I can't. We have our phone calls and emails though.
She knows that I love her more than anything and that I'm always just a phone call away and that I see her as much as possible, which isn't really enough.

The older they get the harder it gets too. My daughter is 15 now, so boys and friends are important in her life, little time for dad now. I knew it was coming though and I'm dealing with it.

Keep in mind, that if you are only separated and not divorced yet, you might want to hold off on dating or keep it as secret as possible as when you do go to court for your divorce, it might cause problems. Ya never know.

Also, anyone you meet and are interested in dating, be honest with them, let them know that you are not divorced yet. It wouldn't be fair otherwise.

Good luck to you.
Let us know how it turns out.

Always remember to think of that little one first, hug her and tell her how much you love her every chance you get.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
man i lost what i typed in here so i'll just make it brief i love my baby girl and i plan to be there for her no matter what and i miss the hell out of her when she is not with me and i give her all my love when i have her because she is the most important thing in the world to me not even if i have more kids in the future will i love her any less or anyone more than her she is the best thing i have done and i will become more than what i am in order to make sure i have what i need when she asks for it

join