It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the USA purchase Australia?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Exactly plucky, not far from the money there...Did the IMF "purchase" both the US and Australia ?

Possibly...

Peace

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dingleberry77

hehe, how about not buying another country ...

what if we just came over and called manifest destiny ... with smallpox blankets and make you cook us turkey. We 'americans' could always use a new holiday. Well, it would have to be a beef product I suppose, ham for christmas, turkey for thanksgiving ... I guess you can do corned beef or something
Too bad for me, I am a vegetarian

Maybe some of his topics are to make us think ... it is his forum, he is a 'conspiracy master' ... so what if he comes up with some wild things ... honestly, it would make a lot of sense. Hear me out; if some of what he says is spot on but classified, but he makes a lot of fictional outrageous claims as well ... then, the heat wouldn't really be on him since as a whole his statements are taken with a block of salt. I know I am smart enough, and that is how I would do it. Some times you have to protect your assests, if you know what I mean
but, the truth would still get out, and someone would listen; guilt within would be released.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Who cares.

They'll never purchase the Australians.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa
Pffft. Just watch The Falcon and the Snowman, if you want to find out about CIA connections with the Whitlam dismissal. There are a multitude of reasons postulated for the dismissal, ranging from the renewal of the lease for Pine Gap, Whitlam trying to buy back Australian mineral rights, Rupert Murdoch's power lust, talking to the Chinese (as Nixon was at the time), in short, everyone had their snout in the trough, and still do.

For every event there are probably hundreds of possible scenarios.
But in this case none of them involved the US or the CIA

i think Chorlton has been eating too much black pudding.
Ecky thump!

Ive just actually had 4 slices, lightly fried with a little Garlic and Oyster Sauce, you should try it.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

Rofl -- I think I'd much rather atleast see what Mr. Lear has before blindly believing some ATS user under the name of 'Chorlton' that claims to have been 'friends' with Mr. Whitlam, who therefore MUST know EVERYTHING!

Please note, I never said I knew everything dear. I said I was there, and knew Gough and several members of the cabinet..

All I see from Chorlton is attempts at degrading any purposful conversation or debates, just because it's very different from the mainstream status quo. He tends to have nothing to offer other than his very cynical oppinion -- about how it's all rubbish. Someone should remind him that this IS a so called 'conspiracy' forum. But of course -- he just here to 'deny ignorance', right?

Bingo you have it! Deny Ignorance sunshine. Someone says "There is a forest and waterfalls on the moon" I want to see proof. If you want to believe fairystories, thats fine but dont criticise others who want proof, you cant Deny Ignorance unless you ask questions.

Nah... I think I'd much rather see the data myself and make up my OWN decision. But thanks for the laugh!

OH I want to see what Lear posts as well. He needs to be a bit carefull too as Gough and various others are still alive, and what he posts could have some serious legal ramifications. Then again considering most of the stuff Lear posts are complete and utter fabrications why should we now expect anything different fromthe master?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

For every event there are probably hundreds of possible scenarios.
But in this case none of them involved the US or the CIA

So what do you make of the story of Christopher Boyce? How did you know Gough, again? What did he tell you about the events? Are you still in contact with him? Send him my regards, if you are.

Ecky thump!

Ive just actually had 4 slices, lightly fried with a little Garlic and Oyster Sauce, you should try it.

Careful, if people find out whats in it, they might call you a reptilian shape shifter.

KTK

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by fingapointa

Thanks for those links.

Especially the 60 minutes transcript from the 80s. Everyone trusts Ray Martin and channel 9. I found it all rather ironic. I was 3 when that interview aired

So whos going to debunk Ray Martin

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa
So what do you make of the story of Christopher Boyce? How did you know Gough, again? What did he tell you about the events? Are you still in contact with him? Send him my regards, if you are.

I think Chris Boyce was a chancer, he was one of those people who had a little bit of knowledge and it became a dangerous thing. One of those people who finds himself near to something but just cant work out how to grab it. He finally got his just deserts for meddling in things that were far above him.
I met Gough whilst doing a Gig in Canberra. I was very outspoken about East Timor and said so quite forcefully at the Gig. Gough liked people who spoke their mind and we talked. We did several Gigs for people connected to him. We have a similar sense of humour and found a lot to chat about but were always arguing about East Timor.

Lets just say I was aware at the time of what was going on with respect to Kerr and spoke to various people about it and can say from what I heard the CIA had nothing to do with Goughs demise.

I havent been in contact with Gough for many years. He is a very old man now.

Ecky thump!

Careful, if people find out whats in it, they might call you a reptilian shape shifter.

I think Ive got a bit too much body hair to be called a reptilian. Ape maybe? some might say that

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
They cant possibly have bought Australia. We still drive on the left hand side of the road.

Its the smaller things in life that count!
Here's to driving on the left side of the road!

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Well, if the CIA have purchased Australia, can they pop over the ditch and buy some of our All Blacks?

Ok, I admit it, I'm still bitter about being ousted from of the Rugby World Cup.

I'll get over it.

Back to the topic though; I had the great opportunity in June to visit Olympic Dam (that's in South Australia for anyone reading in Queensland). And by crickey, I'd buy Australia just to get hold of uranium coming out of there.

According to the locals at Roxy Downs (and a couple of bitter pilots up at William Creek) there are plans to build four more Olympic Dam sized mines.

As a size guide, Olympic Dam, a BHP owned mine, has over 300 miles of roading underground. Investment analysts are waiting for eventual geotech results. If positive, BHP will be untouchable for at least 150 years such is the expected levels of deposits.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
G'day fellow Aussie ATS'ers,

Firstly, let me begin by saying that I have the upmost respect for John Lear, and in the tru Aussie spirit that we are reknowned for, lets give the bloke a "fair go", and see what he has to say in regards to this issue, ey?

Now, I too have heard in the past of CIA involvement in the Whitlam dismissal. I heard (thou not verified) that one of the reasons JFK was assinated was that he was about to spill the beans to the public in regards to UFO's and alien life forms. That, and refusing to support Israel as a US foeign policy (but thats another issue entirely).

From what Ive heard, Whitlam was about to do the same thing, when CIA involvement with the Governor General ensured that he was dismissed.

Now, dont cut me down, Im just passing on what I have read/seen/heard in the past. I also, have somewhere a very interesting article from many years ago stating that Australia was to be the headquarters of the NWO after their epic and final global world war. (I wish I had this same article, I may try and find it online if possible - definitely an important read if I come across it again).

This article brings up topics such as Pine Gap, and how Parliament House in Canberra was constructed with the intentional purpose of housing the NWO leaders in the future. Now, I myself have never been to parliament house but from memory this document stated that only a third of the building is used for Australian political members and the rest in just sitting there in waiting. One of the reason it was constructed semi-underground.

I also read somewhere, I think it was the Zeta's website, that the East Coast of Australia was to be spared during the passing of plamet X and the coming polar flip.

In the end, beleive what you want, but lets give him a chance to put his case forward and in the meantime, I shall endeavour to dig up some info for us all here.

Thankyou.

P.S. In any case, if the US bought Australia, they will never buy our spirit or nature for that is truly unique on this planet.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Heres what Ive dug up -

www.vialls.com...
Titled "Zionist Elite Prepares to desert America - Part 1"

(in regards to project ARK) .........with a handful of Zionists aware that there was a slight chance (say one in a billion?) that Fortress Americas would fail, thus leaving them at the mercy of an outraged American public. This slight possibility caused considerable concern. With unpleasant memories of what England's King Edward I had done to their power-mad ancestors with an executioner's axe, Zionist Jews in particular ran nervous fingers around their collars, and demanded a foolproof exit strategy, which was eventually code-named "Project Ark".
In essence, Project Ark was modeled on the same plans and facilities used during the Cold War with Russia, where (officially), the American President and his advisors would board six specially equipped Boeing 747s at Offutt and Andrews air force bases, and conduct a thermonuclear war from the relative safety of U.S. offshore territorial waters, continually refueled in mid air by KC 135 aerial tankers. Well, that is the cover story that American citizens were asked to believe, and most of them did believe.
The reality was quite different. According to classified documents I had access to at that time, the actual Cold War plan was for the President and several hundred close 'advisors' (to be named directly by the White House before boarding), to travel via Ascension Island, and either Gan or Diego Garcia, to Pine Gap in Central Australia. The KC 135 tankers were there as back up, in the event that either of the two intermediate transit airfields were destroyed by nuclear weapons. Though we were specifically denied access to the passenger lists at my then security level, it is perfectly reasonable to assume the President's banking bosses in New York would be along for the ride, and able to start a new life down, under while ordinary Americans left behind in the U.S. were turned into roman candles by thermonuclear weapons

The final destination Project Ark settled on, was the small easily defended Australian Island of Tasmania, which has a climate and scenery not unlike New England, plus a very rich range of food and wine. But scores of subtle preparations had to be made over the years in America and Australia, to ensure that Project Ark would run like clockwork if activated.

Funny how part two to the above article has been removed and you get re directed???????

Heres an important one for ya -
www.vialls.com...
Titled " Australia Surrenders Sovereignty to America"

On 2 July 2003, the United States suspended more than $47 million in military aid to 35 countries for refusing to protect Americans on their territory from prosecution by the International Criminal Court.

Perhaps sensing the potentially lethal dangers that lie ahead for them individually at the ICC, America’s political partners in the “Coalition of the Willing” have offered their ongoing obsequious support for the torture and abuse of prisoners at Guantanamo, which in the case of Australia has required the Prime Minister and Attorney General to blatantly violate the Australian Constitution, national law, and international law.
Underpinning this ongoing grovelling subservience to America, is the fact that Prime Minister Howard and Attorney General Williams have been up to their necks in illegal activity since first committing Australian troops in support of the unlawful American invasion of Afghanistan, followed by the commitment of even more Australian troops to the equally unlawful American invasion of Iraq.
In both cases Howard and Williams were in clear violation of the Australian Constitution, which states that any person who “Is under any acknowledgement of allegiance, obedience, or adherence to a foreign power”, shall be “incapable of being chosen or of sitting as a senator or a member of the House of Representatives.” Because America expressly requested Australian assistance in both of these illegal invasions, and because Australia agreed to assist in direct violation of international law, Howard and Williams publicly proved their allegiance, obedience and adherence to a foreign power, thereby automatically disqualifying themselves from the Australian Parliament.
Not only that. In addition, Howard and Williams are in clear breach of the precedent set by the Nuremberg Tribunal Trials judgements of 1946. "...the accumulated evil of the whole.'' The Nuremberg Tribunal rejected German arguments of the "necessity'' for pre-emptive attacks against its neighbours. "To initiate a war of aggression,'' said the tribunal's judgment, "is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole.''

Most Australians are fed up to the back teeth with mythical “Terrorists” invented by Washington, DC, and then obediently recycled and peddled by Canberra. Just after the Bali Bombing in which more than 100 Australians were murdered in an American covert op designed to “reinforce” terrorists in the minds of ordinary Australians, less than three-percent of Australians seriously believed the pathetic rubbish that an intellectually-impaired motorcycle mechanic from Central Java was responsible for the atrocity. Of considerably more interest to most Australians are their seriously eroded civil liberties, and arbitrarily confiscated licensed firearms. Laid-back though most Australian citizens are, they can still recognize a political coup ‘d etat when they see one.

More to come on next post -

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Heres more I dug up in regards to Whitlam and CIA involvement. It is a radio transcript from a public radio news service talking about the aforemention topic in 6 parts-

www.serendipity.li...
Titled "The CIA in Australia"

Tony Douglas: Over the years there have been many reports linking CIA activities with the downfall of the Whitlam government. Does Ralph McGehee think they were involved?

Ralph McGehee: Well, my views are as though what's the problem? I mean, we had a whole series of Agency spokesmen said, `oh, yes, there was an Agency role in the overthrow of the Whitlam government'. I just don't know why Australians can't accept that. I did just a little bit of research before I came out and you had Ray Cline, a former Deputy Director of the CIA, saying `when Whitlam came to power there was a period of turbulence and the CIA will go so far as to provide information to people who will bring it to the surface in Australia, say a Whitlam error which they were willing to pump into the system so it may be to his damage and we may provide a particular piece of information to the Australian intelligence services so that they make use of it'. And then the CIA National Intelligence Daily said, `some of the most incriminating evidence in that period against the ministers in the Whitlam government may have been fabricated.' This is about as strong as you get them to say so. It is quite obvious that information was being leaked about ministers Rex O'Connor and Jim Cairns and some of it was being forged which is a standard CIA process. Jim Flynn, who was associated with elements who were involved with the Nugan-Hand bank, he said that he was involved in manufacturing the cables and leaking them to the press. Now he would not be a very credible source except that he worked for Nugan-Hand. Admiral Bobby Inman, former Deputy Director of the National Security Agency and Deputy Director of the CIA, said on two occasions that he expressed deep concern that investigations of Nugan-Hand would lead to disclosure of a range of dirty tricks played against the Whitlam government. You have the statements by Christopher Boyce who was in a relay point for information from the CIA and in his trial he said that `if you think what the Agency did in Chile was bad, in which they spent 80 million dollars overturning the government of Chile there, the Allende government, you should see what they are doing in Australia'. On the Shackley Cable, which was a virtual ultimatum to the head of ASIO to do something about the Whitlam government, it is sort of prima facie evidence of CIA interference in the Whitlam government. This was on November 10. On November 11, Governor-General John Kerr dismissed the Whitlam government on a parliamentary technicality. John Kerr earlier had been the founder of Law Asia, a CIA-front organisation.

Tony Douglas: The question in most Australians' minds is why would the CIA want to bring down the government of a loyal ally, after all it was the wartime Labour administrations who build up the special relationship with America. Jerry Aaron, co-author of Rooted in Secrecy, a book that examines the clandestine element in Australian politics looks back at the early days of the Whitlam government.

Jerry Aaron: There was immediately a reaction about a Labour government coming to power and the initial acts of Whitlam in the first few weeks did probably fuel their worst fears that here was a government dedicated to social reform and, of course, from then on they would have looked for further evidence of misdemeanour against the right-wing ethics of the CIA and of the U.S. administration. And those were of course coming because it was quite clear that certain ministers, and you had to remember that ministers in the Whitlam government had some stature, contrary to those of Labour governments, and certain ministers particularly Connor was obviously out to as he called it, to `buy back the farm for Australia'. In other words, to get back some of the resources which were dominated by the overseas companies which had purchased them earlier. And no doubt they got even more worried when a person like as Jim Cairns was made Treasurer -- Jim Cairns was a very well known anti-Vietnam war activist. So there were probably a whole heap of things which the CIA could blow up to demonstrate that this was a raving red alert that had been projected into power in Australia and had to be get rid of at all costs.

Not bad huh? your loyal ally stabs you in the back.

Part 2 found here - www.serendipity.li...
Part 3 found here - www.serendipity.li...
Part 4 found here - www.serendipity.li...
Part 5 found here - www.serendipity.li...

I think its an important read to any Australian interested with the CIA's involvement in this country.

And finally, the article that proves the final nail in Australias coffin has already taken place and shows how Australia became "owned" by others-

www.michaeljournal.org...
Titled "Australias loss of sovereignty to globalism"

On November 19, 1993, at a meeting of the Asia Pacific Economic Community (APEC) in Seattle, WA, under the chairmanship of U.S. President Bill Clinton, Australia lost the final remnants of its sovereignty, bringing to an end a nearly 50-year process which began when Australia's governing cabinet agreed to sign the November 19, 1946 Bretton Woods International banking agreement after World War II.

Now Australia is rapidly sliding into Third (or Fourth) World economic status. Since the acceleration of “free trade” agreements in the 1970's, pushed by a succession of socialist governments according to prearranged plans cooked up in Lon­don, Moscow, New York, Washington, and other power centers, Australia's moral, social, political, and economic life has been ruined. If you want to see what the New World Order looks like – or means for your children – look at Australia.

Australia is now a debtor nation, almost entirely foreign-owned, a cog in the New World Order. Its once-proud steel industry is now Chinese owned... though Australians were required to borrow the money from the international bankers to pay for the Chinese purchases. The standard of living is in a free-fall; real wages are declining; un­employment is rising, as is homelessness, suicide, mental illness, and environmental disasters, as the countryside empties out into overburdened urban areas. The politicians, of course, say things never looked rosier. Australia is now "multicultural" and a "partner" in the international order.

Because of the acceptance of the Multilateral Agreement on Investment (MAI) that was recently negotiated in secret in Australia, a great deal of economic sovereignty in the country has been demised. Already 80% of the economic activity in the country is managed by international corporations. This process has been assisted by the Govern­ment's entry into other agreements, such as the Fi­nancial Services Industry Agreement (FSIA) on December 12, 1997, by which it signed away its right to prevent foreign takeovers of Australian banks and insurance companies. Already the larg­est shareholder of the ANZ Bank was Chase Man­hattan Nominees (Rockefeller, 11.6%).

so there you have it folks, just abit of what had been going on. some may differ in opinion, and I would like to see what Mr Lear has to say about it all.

I can tell you as others can aswell, that over the years, how many companies have been overtaken here in OZ? then sacked their workers and moved overseas with skilled worker unable to find work afterwards? What the hell is that all about?

Governments are run like companies and that is wrong. Why do they worry about making a profit each year? If theres money left over it should be put back to the people, schools & Health!

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Ah this is ridiculous, it gets me so angry that America thinks that it owns th whole bloody Planet.. why would they even need australia.. there's nothing of value there is there? EDIT- OK so there is but it doesn't change my opinion.

I have nothing against the regular American people but when it comes to people like Mr Lear and the US gov, It really grates on me. There are other places in the world. The US is the high school jock of the world and needs kicking into place properly.. causing f*ing trouble all the time and thinking the world couldn't go on without them.. its no wonder there is talk of a NWO.. that would basically be the US running the planet by their standards... imagine that?! No thanks

Australia does not belong to America Mr Lear and anyone who claims to be an 'expert' in conspiracy theories is seriuosly deluded. You get wraped up in a world of maybes and what ifs without any real proof and try to convince people that what you say is true.

Only the weak minded will be influenced by that, the true conspiracists on here are the people who look at an event and find evidence to suggest that there was some hidden agenda or similar. Finding an event and throwing in possibilities that are totally based on what you think could be, is absolutely ridiculous..

Rant off.... I obviousl think Mr Lear, Mr Greer, and the other 'experts' are full of it but that is just my humble opinion.

*Takes a deep breath..................and exhale*

[edit on 10-10-2007 by fiftyfifty]

KTK

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Found a really good article which quotes newspaper reports. Shame the actual site is a bit dodge for academic research purposes.

www.newdawnmagazine.com...

I dont know why people refuse to look into this a bit further in the spirit of denying ignorance. The US has a history of overthrowing governments, heck they are even doing it as we speak. So why is it such a stretch of the imagination to think it could have happened in Australia?

Can someone please explain to me why Whitlam was given the arse. I still cant get my head around the official explainations. As I mentioned in a previous post the topic wasnt covered well in school for me,and as we know you are discouraged from asking questions in school.

Another thing I noticed popping up was Doug Anthony, his electorate was the northern NSW region. This is where the Oceans Shores CIA drug money development and the hipies are. Now all this is way before my time, so i would like to know if Doug Anthony was known for dodgyness.

[edit on 10-10-2007 by KTK]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by KTK
Found a good article which quotes newspapers. Shame the actual site is a bit dodge for academic research purposes.
I dont know why people refuse to look into this a bit further in the spirit of denying ignorance. The US has a history of overthrowing governments, heck they are even doing it as we speak. So why is it such a stretch of the imagination to think it could have happened in Australia?

Why?
A/ Because it didnt need to. OZ Free trades with anyone. The US could get anything they wanted by asking and buying. Anything, that is except a government.
B/ because it is a Sovereign Country, a member of the Commonwealth with the Queen at its head. That probably means little to US people but in Law it means quite a lot.
C/ There was no need (2). OZ is a total Westernised society, A society and Government that supports democracy, freedom and the rule of law.
D/ It probably makes the best pies in the world !

KTK

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Mr Chorlton, nice to finally greet you.

What about the fact that we are still British subjects yet ASIO answers to America Intelligence and not the UK. Everywhere I look we are being swallowed by American companies. Every speck of anything English in us is being replaced corperate Americanism. The English have nearly lost Australia to the Americans. Whitlam didnt want America to have any control over Australia. Could it be about that?

Rockerfeller money thrown at the republican movement in the future will ensure a complete break away from England. Thats all it would take from now.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
my answer to any thoughts of owning australia

www.weeklyfilm.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by blahdiblah

hahahahahahaha !!!

If only Mel was still that buffed and adept at using a shotty
Sadly, he's neither
these days...

That made me chuckle blahdi, thanks for posting

Peace

[edit on 10-10-2007 by Rilence]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by KTK
Mr Chorlton, nice to finally greet you.

What about the fact that we are still British subjects yet ASIO answers to America Intelligence and not the UK.

I think thats called 'hedging your bets' ?? that way OZ gets tweo bites at the bullet

Everywhere I look we are being swallowed by American companies. Every speck of anything English in us is being replaced corperate Americanism. The English have nearly lost Australia to the Americans. Whitlam didnt want America to have any control over Australia. Could it be about that?

DONT PANIC !!
Its happening everywhere. The US wants the world to be renamed the United States of the World with the Dollar as the world currency. Fortunately it wont now happen because of the Euro, and the European Union, but the slow Americanisation of the world is happening.
Only recently we had a 'Subway' shop open in my local area and when I went in to get a ticket they told me they only sold 'subs' I asked if I could have one with Polaris missiles or were they extra and they looked at me funny?
London is owned by the Arabs, most of WA is owned by the Chinese.
But all we have to do to repel boarders is to offer them Vegemite or Marmite sandwiches.

Rockerfeller money thrown at the republican movement in the future will ensure a complete break away from England. Thats all it would take from now.

Oh I have total faith in Ozzies to not give a real stuff about who runs the country. Losing Lizzie as head of state wont change much.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join