It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not really ghosts but

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
As my signature says ive seen many things and most of them i can lie to myself and explain them or find some scientific reason for them. However there is one such phenomenon im a little curious on that kinda has me stumped. Im not sure of the correct forum but this seemed like the appropriate one , and although I do briefly mention an incident involving sleep paralysis that is not what this thread is about, 95%+ of all incidents im referring to happened during a complete awake state.

Lets start at the beginning, about 4 or five years ago my wife and i bought a farm near where i had grown up. In the first few weeks i began to notice or see things normally out of the corner of my eye it ranged from people , animals, or just plain black shadows. It didnt take me long to figure out what most of it was, see my house has several large windows in it , and when i say large i mean 3 feet wide 6 to 8 long running from the floor to the ceilings. They act like mirrors sometimes so i figured you might see someone walking by and its really just a reflection off of one window bouncing on to another , then another and eventually the image is slightly distorted by the time you see it out of the corner of your eye. Seemed like a pretty simple explanation, and it meant i wasn't nuts and seeing stuff. Also i Raise/breed a few exotic animals so seeing something running around the house out of the corner of my eye might explain the mysterious black shadows.

Then came into play some oddities i couldn't explain, that i refer to as "out of time" oddities which probably would be better explained as time out of sync i guess. For example one day i was sitting on the couch in the basement watching tv and my wife was working in the room right next to the bottom of the stairs. I looked over and saw her walk up the stairs and i yelled " honey will you get me a drink while your upstairs"? To which a voice from the room at the bottom of the stairs replied " ill get you one when i go back upstairs". I walked over and said how did you get back down here so quick i just saw you go upstairs and she said she hadn't gone upstairs in hours. But i clearly looked directly at her and saw her walk up the stairs not 30 seconds prior. There are only two windows in the basement and both of them although large are no where near the stairs they are not even in the room I was in at the time so that was the first oddity.

This continued off and on and it wasn't just my wife i saw , i saw the original owner of the house ( who is still alive ) , i saw animals that we have placed in other homes, you name it , i have even seen people that ive never seen before. It might be twice a day i would notice something or it might be as long as once a month and on a time or two i questioned my sanity and wondered if maybe i had some sort of mild stroke or something. Then one night my wife and i where laying in bed and she said " the funniest thing today i could swear i saw the genet upstairs this morning". The genet was an animal i had sold over a year ago to someone 3 states over. I had also thought i had seen it in the basement earlier that week so i told her to which she replied " you know i see things in this house that sometimes don't seem to fit". I asked for some examples and she said she could swear she had seen numerous people at our house on different occasions ( all of which are living people except for a few unknown people ) she said she had even seen me a time or two in the house before i had even come home. I was thinking good im not nuts , i haven't had a stroke. I then explained my whole windows reflection theory which she didn't buy into. She also told me about waking up paralyzed and being terrified that someone was there but in the morning she dismissed it as a dream. I explained sleep paralysis to her which ive had off an on my entire life , i had mentioned it before but nothing truly explains it to a person more then them experiencing it.

To further throw my reflection theory off base our kids have mentioned seeing me in the back yard working when i was actually in my shop working. Other people have visited the house and have seen me in places i hadn't been all day. Two weeks ago i had some contractors building a garage for me and one of the days they where working one of the contractors had to bring his 8 year old son with him ( couldn't find a babysitter ) , the kid stayed in the guys truck most of the day playing his psp. When my wife got home the guys where finishing up with the building and we bs'ed a while in the driveway and the guys little boy asked me what i was working on in the backyard. I said when i haven't been in the backyard all day, he said yeah you where i saw you with a shovel digging this afternoon. I just politely agreed with him just to humor him, but after they left my wife asked me what he was talking about. I told her i hadn't been in the backyard all day, sure two months ago i did some digging in the backyard to level the ground for an above ground pool but at no time during them building my garage or the day the boy was there did i step foot in my backyard. Thats when the whole "out of time" discussion began meaning people seem to be seeing things but not when they actually happen. They see them later as if time was out of sync or something , has anyone ever experience anything similar? or is there possibly a term for this.

Its almost comical they way my wife and i discuss these oddities here is an example from two nights ago.

Wife : last night i woke up and could swear someone was standing right next to the bed, and its not the first time .

Me: about six foot tall over in the corner by my closet right?

Wife: did you see him too!!?

Me: Not last night but ive seen him several times before, i think ill name him Herman.

Wife: Shut up im being serious!

Me: i was being serious too, and if he hasn't bothered anyone yet he isn't going to so just ignore him if you see him again. Or ask him if i can call him Herman.

( note: she nor I had been experiencing sleep paralysis on the times of seeing the guy in the corner )

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
That's spooky stuff. Can I suggest the next time you see anyone, don't take your eyes off them, then follow them then strike up a conversation.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Most of the time what people have seen are not what you would consider out of the ordinary so it doesn't even occur to keep an eye on them. Like if i see my wife walking out to her car it doesn't seem odd until i see her 10 seconds later coming out of the basement which is in a totally different direction. There have been several times ive yelled something to someone i see in front of me only to get an answer from them behind me, when you turn to look at where you just saw them they aren't there. And there have been a few times ive gotten up to go answer the door for the person ive seen walking up the walkway to the house but when i get there they are gone. When i first see someone strange im thinking great whats this guy selling not is he real? When i start questioning if everyone is real ill check myself into someplace and put on that nice white coat that ties in the back.

I never really thought about it before but if i see someone in the the house i normally see them from behind. Like they are walking away from me at the time, by the time i realize that person isnt where they should be or that person isnt even at my house whatever i see has walked into another room.

In the case of the guy over in the corner of the bedroom ill admit plain ole fear came into play. That childhood mentality of if i dont look at him or if i dont move he wont kill me kinda way of thinking. If i see this guy again and i dont go into "holy $hit theres someone in my house" mode ill see if i can manage to say something.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
no one else with similiar situations huh?

top topics

join