It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO Flying Training in Canada (NEWS!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
NATO Flying Training in Canada has just gotten another boost with the addition that Austrailia and Austrian short term deal to fill any extra spaces in the Bombardier-delivered pilot training programe. The programe is run with the use of 42 aircraft of two types the CT-155 Hawk and the CT-156 Harvard II.

Australia signed a 12-month memorandum of understanding in September to send an initial 12 pilots to Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, where they will undergo Phase IIA basic training using the school's Beechcraft T-6A Harvard IIs. "The Royal Australian Air Force has supplied two instructor pilots to the Phase II programme, and the first four of its students started training in October," says Lt Col Dave Hughes, deputy director air for the Canadian Forces' contracted force generation office.

Industry sources linked to the NFTC system have meanwhile confirmed that Austria signed a three-year deal during July, and that its first of six students are already in conversion training in Moose Jaw before conducting Phase IV fighter lead-in work at Cold Lake, Alberta using the BAE Systems Hawk 115. Vienna's MoU covers two students a year, although it is also believed to be studying the possibility of supplying instructors to the Canadian system.

www.flightglobal.com...

Presently the Canadian training programe offers and trains pilots from 9 European Countries. On top of which the CF forces from Cold lake continue to hold the annual maple flag ex. each year. Canada's CF bases continue to be attractive to other Forces worldwide for the large airspace and live fire ranges. Its nice to see the legacy started by the BCATP continued.

[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Surprised they don't use the Tucano (being a bombardier aircraft and all).

I see on the beeb that embraer build a "super tucano" - WTF happened there?!?!

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kilcoo316

Well the reason they don't use the Tucano is that its not a Bombardier plane. The Tucano was developed and built buy the Embraer company in sao paulo Brazil in the 1980's.

Out of interest in my research I havent found a aircraft similar to the PC-6 or Harvard 2 in the bombardier aerospace company. If they are running the Training programe it would be something that maybe the should consider after they learn what works and what doesn't when they help with training with the CT-156

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Shorts (in belfast) made the Tucano for the RAF - I see now it was an adoption of the Embraer design.

I know they are continuing to support the Tucano - so assumed it had Bombardier on the name.

My bad!

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Those are both some good looking aircraft. I would love to have one of those Harvard II's

top topics

join