It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbia brought down by a UFO weapon?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'll probably post an analysis of the controversy for the fifth anniversary at the end of this month.

All the speculation about what the pictures SHOULD have looked like have been hampered by a total lack of knowledge of what shuttle entry pictures DO look like.

Once that is known, the theory that the start button shook the camera momentarilly makes the most sense.

Here's the missing piece: the flaring fireball of plasma around the shuttle itself leaves a milky-white glowing trail behind it, a trail that persists and slightly widens over the next 30-60 seconds.

So even an instant photo of an entering shuttle would show a long white trail off behind it.

Add in a time exposure, where the entire tail gets to burn its way onto the optics and the actual fireball is just a dot that dances briefly, then follows the well-marked trail down its center, and you have a formula to generate an image that looks exactly like the ones that Goldie took.

After each exposure, he moves the camera on its tripod and trips the start button again, recreating the same phenomenon each time to greater or lesser degrees.

I've been on Coast-to-coast with Sereda (search the archives). Everything he thinks he knows about space technology and operations is wrong. IMHO.

Jim O
www.jamesoberg.com

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Interesting Video.

Imo do not see this as an ET act ..maybe terrestrial with "advanced weapons" (unknown/hidden/secret) ,Yes. Also i am not saying it was done on purpose but maybe a "malfunction" or error.

Then there are so many different types of lightning which scientist only came across in recent years ,High-altitude lightning eg: red-sprites,blue jet,green elves and then ball lightning.

Even later finds in 2002

South China Sea in July 2002.

The enormous jets typically disappear in less than a second and are very difficult to see with the naked eye, researchers said.

"Unlike sprites, these lightning jets the Taiwan group observed are more intense and show a clear connectivity between thunder clouds and the far upper atmosphere,'' Inan said.

Source

Any unknown/undiscovered natural phenomena is almost certain. So to find lightning that lasts longer than known could be possible..

However i agree on how NASA is an unreliable source or at times just have silly explanations/terms ,maybe on this one they just do not recognize this type yet and named it "super lightning" ..

Sad loss this was.**

[edit on 1/10/2008 by qonone]

<< 4  5  6   >>

join