It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush's Neil Peart is the second worst lyricist ever according to Blender Magazine!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Here's the article about Blender Magazine's choices for the top 5 "worst lyricists ever".

A few of Blender magazine's retarded picks

How Sting, Peart, and Dan Folgelberg end up in the top 5 is beyond me. Speaking in regards to Neil Peart only, his lyrical genius might be matched by only a select few in all the history of music. Bernie Taupin, Lennon and McCartney come to mind. On top of that he's unmatched with the sticks. He's a true music legend.

Maybe Blender Magazine just wanted more pub, and they'll certainly get it.

Edit: Just wanted to add some sounds and visuals to the thread.

Peace

[edit on 9-10-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
They should give me a job! I'm good at writing crap just to pi55 people off!

The worst lyricists (top 5) have sold how many albums between them. Someone needs to ask the jurno...

"Oi son ar you having a giraffe?"

MonKey

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I rate Neil Peart as slightly pretentious but eminently intelligent and thoughtful as a lyricist.

I've been waiting for years for someone to take Robert Plant to task for inserting a little too much Tolkein into certain songs. Still, Plant is one of the best in my opinion as well.

I'd love to see these same people come up with their "best of" list.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
What? Neil Peart's Xanadu is perfect. It's far better than the original one he pinched the idea from.
It's true what they say - when you're at the top, they want to shoot you down.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
On top of that he's unmatched with the sticks.

he's good and all but i wouldn't go that far now...

these lists all blow..no matter what rag or what best of list, it sucks.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It's probably some musically-devoid, self-inflated idiota that crafted this pathetic excuse for a list. I'll take Blender Magazine and put it in a blender with some personal excrecense. Thats what I think of this list

There is no way that Neil is even remotely close to being one of the worst lyricists ever. What a bad call. Almost as bad as the decision for Kevin Federline to release a legitimate album.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Yeah, I know I'm a day late, but Peart is a great lyracist for the music of Rush. Rush is a unique band, and Peart is a unique individual. If all music and lyrics were the same, then we wouldn't be free now would we.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
When I try to access the article I get a "The page you are seeking has expired and is no longer available at MSNBC.com." I also agree that Blender magazine really did an injustice in that regard. Music that in my estimation makes you think.

top topics

join